Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyc310

Hi but don't know aboutbe3gearbox it has to be out of corola. With Peugeot engene I.9 won't fit out of 2 lt engene it's one of those part toyota part pugeout yokes but goes fine where would it be fitted .is it on gearbox garage man. Said its the problem he can get it new but is near I00 euro thanks gdt for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

paddyc310 wrote: »
    Hi but don't know aboutbe3gearbox it has to be out of corola. With Peugeot engene I.9 won't fit out of 2 lt engene it's one of those part toyota part pugeout yokes but goes fine where would it be fitted .is it on gearbox garage man. Said its the problem he can get it new but is near I00 euro thanks gdt for your help

Oh right yeah.....the soup is behind the curtains and the bulldozer fixed the lightbulb ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

Clutch pedal was making a squeek - sprayed a bit of lithium grease on the spring behind the pedal - she is quiet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Bought 3 months road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

1st coat. Using hubcaps for the next day or two til everything's sorted. Black spokes, don't know whether to do red or white on the inside for something different. Will probably end up just doing it black! So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

rizzee wrote: »
    1st coat. Using hubcaps for the next day or two til everything's sorted. Black spokes, don't know whether to do red or white on the inside for something different. Will probably end up just doing it black! So far so good.

Are you spraying those in a skip? :pac:

Haha Feck off :p an old shed down the garden :) oh forgot to add have my Fiat mudflaps coming tomorrow too. Yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I'm oddly really interested to see what you're gona do next with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

So driving down the M1 today, when all of a sudden no power :confused: off at the Collon exit, checked the filter, checked the pipework.....

Well bollox to this! :rolleyes:
    Image890.jpg

Now that was some interesting drive home in a car with about 50bhp :p apologies to anyone behind, I was leaving a huge smoke trail :o

Conveniently I pulled a Xantia one out of my arse and made it fit :)
    Image891.jpg

Back to normal folks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Today I left my car in to get the gear box checked out. It has been sounding like a daysul for the past few weeks. I think it's bearings / shafts. :confused:

• Advertisement

White on inside then gave the black a second coat. Came out like a cool ghost effect, hard to get a good picture! Will laquer later. Also got the mudflaps they're a bollox to get on will have a good mess around in a few with them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

.. Got her back (yay!!) :D

Maybe it's a week of driving a 1.8 Mercedes C180, but she seems a lot more responsive and snappy this evening. Flicking through the trip computer also shows a log of 7.3l/100? I've never gotten it down to that anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

rizzee wrote: »
    White on inside then gave the black a second coat. Came out like a cool ghost effect, hard to get a good picture! Will laquer later. Also got the mudflaps they're a bollox to get on will have a good mess around in a few with them

Well done for having a go but I hope the other three are better! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

More rocker cover clean up and painting:

Before (actually alot worse in person than looks, most paint powdery and flaking off in white lumps)
    2539FF77-096F-48B4-84C5-CED7391B31B9-19777-0000208065951FCF_zpsb4ffabee.jpg

Coated in Black
    A8F209D9-2E04-4C07-98F2-3831C19E4D78-22934-000025DA1321947F_zpscf33b7fb.jpg

Painted in M Colours
    98C1A3BE-DD83-492B-B110-07046FC974B6-22934-00002854056E6824_zps4a7cc57a-1.jpg

Close up with 850CSi in background
    463ECFE8-2CF4-40D5-B6AF-15DB448D3C08-22934-000028540BD09CA8_zps467bfb6e-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Well, unfortunately Le Mas and Summer are a long time ago now, so it was out with the hairdryer, elbow grease and cleaning product. I'm both happy and very, very sad:(

Le Mans trim....
    9575662339_f438b9973d_c.jpg

Regular trim....
    9575642257_a5f92c3365_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Finally got around to doing the red transparency mod on the dash clocks (just waiting for darkness for some pics)

While the clocks are out I changed the full dip bulb to a blue LED - I always thought the bulb was a bit of the dim side and hard to see sometimes - probably not wise to change any of the other bulbs though!

Got some #74 bulbs from fleabay (used the blue one)

w352.jpg

BEFORE

9mxk.jpg

12jq.jpg

AFTER

5pmx.jpg

sni6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Today I broke my hand brake cable.

No handbrake turns for me. :mad:

Scortho wrote: »

How??

How??

It's an alfa......:pac:

Car stopped, Pressed in handbrake button, pulled up slow enough and heard a crack.
    Next thing handbrake is higher that its ever been before.
    I only ever use it for parking, but leaving it in gear on the flat, or up against a kerb will be fine for the moment.

It's too low to get under without a proper trolley jack. There's no way in getting under it with the jack stands I have.

It's an alfa......:pac:

Car stopped, Pressed in handbrake button, pulled up slow enough and heard a crack.
    Next thing handbrake is higher that its ever been before.
    I only ever use it for parking, but leaving it in gear on the flat, or up against a kerb will be fine for the moment.

It's too low to get under without a proper trolley jack. There's no way in getting under it with the jack stands I have.

Well i've a 2 tonne trolley jack in the car, if you want to use that? pm me or something I'll give you my number

• Advertisement

Well i've a 2 tonne trolley jack in the car, if you want to use that? pm me or something I'll give you my number

Cheers ill let you know. I found what came lose, just can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Whats really annoying is in my car the handbrake doesnt activate when driving, so I can't do handbrake turns (I tried). All that happens is an alert telling me that Park is not selected!

Cheers ill let you know. I found what came lose, just can't see it.

Well give us a shout if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Whats really annoying is in my car the handbrake doesnt activate when driving, so I can't do handbrake turns (I tried). All that happens is an alert telling me that Park is not selected!

Aha another one up for the manual :)
    In other news, oil change was grand as always and then I decided to spill 8 litres of oil all over the driveway ** ffffffuuuuc**kk!! **

YbFocus wrote: »
    Aha another one up for the manual :)
    In other news, oil change was grand as always and then I decided to spill 8 litres of oil all over the driveway ** ffffffuuuuc**kk!! **

Bit of sand and a sweeping brush should sort it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Bit of sand and a sweeping brush should sort it. ;)

Oh the most of it is gone but there'll be a mark for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

YbFocus wrote: »
    Oh the most of it is gone but there'll be a mark for months!

yeah if youve a pressure washer it should shift it - PITA though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Max Power1 wrote: »

I was doing handbrake turns in my bangernomics Accord in my mates yard the other night, some car, I've thrown a serious amount of abuse at it (including a trackday!!) and it hasn't missed a beat. A wheel baring is starting whine but a trackday plus lots of handbrake turns will do that lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Fitted some 12 pound parking sensors from Amazon to my Punto. Will do the job, Punto has plenty of space to make work and messing around easy.

Also dropped the oil and put a new oil and air filter.

Last weekend the i30 had all the attention. Two FR anti roll bar links who were quite difficult to get to without lifting the wishbone up while on the floor, and replaced the FR brake discs and pads.

Next weekend fit parking sensors to the i30 as the Punto layed down the foundation ;)

Advertisement