Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Edwardius wrote: »
    Edit, can I resize images within posts? these are ridiculously huge!
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Indeed they are. :eek:

They are not big at all on my screen, they fit it perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

He says as he sits in his very own cinema :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

4K? Because they're still too big for 1080p.

He says as he sits in his very own cinema :pac:

Damn your on to me.

4K? Because they're still too big for 1080p.

2560x1440

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Some browsers resize them client side automatically. Some don't.

The touch site does, on my phone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

joujoujou wrote: »
    I don't think so. But you can easily resize them before upload using widely available image browsers/editors. And plenty of them are free to use. :) Indeed they are. :eek:

Ok, resized them in photoshop, should be easier viewing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Oh yeah! :D

Damn you, I can't see it too good now. Pictures are tiny.

Yes, you can't please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

You should join the low res club. :pac:

• Advertisement

They could be a bit bigger...(ducks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

They could be a bit bigger...(ducks)
    Lol, sorry lads, I used up my procrastination allowance, the pictures will stay that way!

Lol, sorry lads, I used up my procrastination allowance, the pictures will stay that way!

Well, there's no way I will argue with the giant, floating head from Zardos.
    What was that speech again? Something about guns being good? :D I forget the rest...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Fit some Bosch Aerotwin wipers today, and also a couple of led numberplate bulbs. The aerotwin's look MUCH better and also work a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I got a cheap tablet and linked it up to an obd connector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sitec wrote: »
    I got a cheap tablet and linked it up to an obd

That's class where did you get the obd connector I want to get one but want to buy one that someone has so I know it will work. I'm an iPhone man myself but there is a galaxy s3 lying around the house and that's my plan for it to put the torque app on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I got it on ebay for about 10e. You can get a wifi version for circa 20e and it will work with i phone. The main reason I'm using this is I can see exhaust gas temperature and know when the DPF is regenerating (and leave the car running).

the adapter is called elm327

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Day after the NCT and my 740 won't start. :/ Pure coincidence no doubt.
    It cranks no problem, coughs and splutters and dies.

20150428_2311491_zpskqyemp7b.jpg~original

20150428_2313302_zps9b5tx2hp.jpg~original

20150428_2316133_zpsuuzgdhmj.jpg~original

20150428_2316414_zpsvd9yudcj.jpg~original

Looks like a bad camshaft sensor on the intake side of Bank 1. Was to dark to check leads this evening, will suss it out tomorrow.

Will be push biking it to work in the morning!

Where you get the spiffing software, voodoo?

As with all things that go wrong shortly after someone messed with it, the golden rule is to see where their hands might have gotten to and see what is out of place. 99% of the time, that is the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Spiffing wouldn't be the term I'd use, the first two screens are giving me the twitches.

• Advertisement

As with all things that go wrong shortly after someone messed with it, the golden rule is to see where their hands might have gotten to and see what is out of place. 99% of the time, that is the issue.

It's BMWs diagnostic software, you can get it and an OBD lead for about €70 from a number of online spots. As useful as it is, it's slow as fook, BMW have since changed to a newer system.
    Spiffing wouldn't be the term I'd use, the first two screens are giving me the twitches.

Cars throw up errors all the time, they're an accumulation of momentary faults over the last year. Plug in any modern car and you'll see similar.

Cars throw up errors all the time, they're an accumulation of momentary faults over the last year. Plug in any modern car and you'll see similar.

I'm twitching at the aesthetics and the un-intuitive presentation of results, rather than casting aspersions on your car lad don't worry. The new software does look like an improvement but for 70yoyos I'd deal with what you have alright.

I'm twitching at the aesthetics and the un-intuitive presentation of results, rather than casting aspersions on your car lad don't worry. The new software does look like an improvement but for 70yoyos I'd deal with what you have alright.

Well, it's better than anything I have.
    So far I have a Bluetooth OBD adapter and Torque and a few other apps, but none of them can find any faults on my Ford. I've had ABS light on and Engine Management error show up, no app could find any of the faults.
    Would anyone here have a recommendation for the right software, app or plug in thingy for me?

I have an icarsoft plug in unit for BMW.
    I bought this to turn off Airbag faults (thanks to die Qualitat bosch connectors) which it manages fine and has paid for the €80 already. I was happy with it until recently when I needed more from it.
    It should do BMW specific EML stuff and ABS but in reality anything other than SRS else is really horrible to do - far worse than VMs interface above. Just spits out info that seems to be iCarSoft proprietary and a BMW hardware number. Very difficult to translate into useful info.

No you're dead right, the interface is a horrible and it takes hours and hours to figure out what's going on.

I actually have BMW latest software, comes in at about 30GB. Have yet to install it as I need a laptop that can actually run it. :pac:

The above DIS is on a crappy Asus EEEPC.

Okay, so I bought a Vento (because reasons)

17299037246_916a4d8f85_c.jpg

Glove box in Vento:

16704754753_68c7027934_c.jpg

Glove box in Golf:

17299041036_125721244d_c.jpg

And now two glove boxes in the Golf. :P

17299042486_4aabdd1dc9_c.jpg

More to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Always the small things :)

Got handed this lamp and was asked if I could do something about the scratches. So I did :)

I'm not one bit sorry if the pics are arseways, use your necks :p

347156.jpg
    347157.jpg
    347158.jpg

They come up the right way if you click on the 'image.jpg' links. Only one of those tags is working though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

GvidoR wrote: »
    They come up the right way if you click on the 'image.jpg' links. Only one of those tags is working though.

I'm on me phone, too lazy to start up the laptop! Hope they're fixed now though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

11174911_1385940678401943_5376787922125033010_n.jpg?oh=f8b749cf79e748a6a00ee10970df6a04&oe=55CBEEE9

11200620_1385940688401942_8178932966192125332_n.jpg?oh=2e99ec380b2a7edd686bacb8b8651552&oe=55CF6700

Poor old thing is looking really rather neglected as of late. Bar some sanding and smoothing on the door bottoms and bonnet I haven't been doing a whole lot to it, lack of time mainly. I need to get a cover for her soon, theres a small leak in the roof of the garage and I don't want it to do any damage to the metal. The passenger side floor is mid repair at the moment. Quite a good job, my phone's camera isn't great with flash on so it looks awful. Need to go at the floor with a wire brush soon.

Advertisement