Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Fair play man that's as neat as you like :eek:
    Very nice work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

YbFocus wrote: »
    Fair play man that's as neat as you like :eek:
    Very nice work!

Thanks. That was a team effort with my installation buddies and the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Today I drove my car for the first time in 46 days :D:cool: Started first go, typical Toyota:p

I then bought it 12 months tax and got a puncture repaired. Then I washed it and took a couple of quick pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Today I drove my car for the first time in 46 days :D:cool: Started first go, typical Toyota:p

I then bought it 12 months tax and got a puncture repaired. Then I washed it and took a couple of quick pics :)

similar. hadn't drove it in 2 weeks, got into it today and drove it less than 2 miles to the NCT center and it passed first time like a boss with no pre-NCT work.

gave it a celebratory wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

similar. hadn't drove it in 2 weeks, got into it today and drove it less than 2 miles to the NCT center and it passed first time like a boss with no pre-NCT work.

gave it a celebratory wash.

So when you don't drive you don't post is it? :D

Haven't seen you around for a bit Andy, good to see you back! The place had gone very exciting without your Toyota-fanboi-ness...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Since I got my alfa, the air con has been needing a regas.
    All through the heat wave in July I was cursing myself for not getting it fixed and never got around to it either.
    Because it was broken, I had it turned off for ages, however yesterday I put it on by accident and its blowing nice cold air, although not really powerfully.
    It does however beat the warm air, that was blowing previously.
    Oh i love italian cars!:D

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Scortho wrote: »
    Since I got my alfa, the air con has been needing a regas.
    All through the heat wave in July I was cursing myself for not getting it fixed and never got around to it either.
    Because it was broken, I had it turned off for ages, however yesterday I put it on by accident and its blowing nice cold air, although not really powerfully.
    It does however beat the warm air, that was blowing previously.
    Oh i love italian cars!:D

I wouldnt get too excited. You're saying the cold air (with aircon) is colder now, than it was when the weather was hot. Makes sense, but id say you might be disappointed again if/when the warm weather comes back around, and I wouldnt be surprise if it was blowing warm(not fridgey) air again.

My old A3 was the same. I thought the aircon was gone it it, but it was just really poor. Not until the sun started shining that I noticed it was dead. It was the aircon motor, not the gas. Ended up selling it last October, so there wasnt much warm weather to get in a fuss over.

I wouldnt get too excited. You're saying the cold air (with aircon) is colder now, than it was when the weather was hot. Makes sense, but id say you might be disappointed again if/when the warm weather comes back around, and I wouldnt be surprise if it was blowing warm(not fridgey) air again.

My old A3 was the same. I thought the aircon was gone it it, but it was just really poor. Not until the sun started shining that I noticed it was dead. It was the aircon motor, not the gas. Ended up selling it last October, so there wasnt much warm weather to get in a fuss over.

The aircon in cold has been roasting for the last 2 months. Even after the heatwave it was roasting.
    Driving yesterday around 6 so it wasn't exactly cold. Added to the fact that where it had to go through (busso engine bay is piping hot) hopefully it's fine.
    If it isn't, at least I know that it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I fitted front brake pads today, to go with the new brake discs I fitted last week. I fitted them in the parking lot outside the motor factors. Didn't take long. I don't have the proper tool to move back the piston(I think thats what it's called) so I used a vise-grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Paid the tax online and booked the DOE for next week. Just need to change a couple of bulbs back to standard and it'll fly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sold the bangernomics Accord and bought a CLK230 out of the takings...

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Sold the bangernomics Accord and bought a CLK230 out of the takings...

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

166man wrote: »
    So when you don't drive you don't post is it? :D

Haven't seen you around for a bit Andy, good to see you back! The place had gone very exciting without your Toyota-fanboi-ness...:pac:

pretty much, have to occasionally venture into the outside world :P good to hear i was missed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Soooooooooo, my bumper is almost complete :D it's sprayed, on the car and I'm just taking care of a few teeeny tiny details, pics to folly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

pretty much, have to occasionally venture into the outside world :P good to hear i was missed :pac:

Woohoo welcome back! :D

Celebrate good times!!

So it's finally done! My front end actually looks like what it should've looked like all this while

It's gone from this

303l8qo.jpg

To this

v7v2hw.jpg

To this :D

5kre69.jpg

Nearly there :P

2vuiusz.jpg

Also picked up an extra foglight, a number plate surround and a new ariel so today I got around to fitting all that and doing an oil change

The new ariel

a4y6h5.jpg

And the number plate housing before

2jfbvom.jpg

Und after!

2irrea0.jpg

Hello joe!

2aet8cn.jpg

And lastly the picture that everyones been waiting for :pac:

The final result

344uzd3.jpg

:D Also thanks to the certain individuals along the way for helping out, i couldn't have done it otherwise

Next on the list, drop links!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

TP - did you get that paint finish yourself??

TP - did you get that paint finish yourself??

No no I got a friend to do it, he's in the biz ;)

No no I got a friend to do it, he's in the biz ;)

Ah right, I was going to say fair play because it's excellent! You did all the prep work though yeah?

Ah right, I was going to say fair play because it's excellent! You did all the prep work though yeah?

Yep! It had to be sanded back again cuz the primer was dirt, but it turned out amazingly well

• Advertisement

Thanks to coughing and some sort of flu, I can do f*ck all under my own steam :(

So the other day I had to cobble my exhaust back on. Out with the tap
    Image939.jpg

Chop a bit off the bracket
    Image940.jpg

And on that pig goes, albeit half of the exhaust :)

Moving onto this and lack of room to to a thing :(
    Image930.jpg

Heh heh heh 3 Fiats in a row :pac:

No more lack of room!
    Image957.jpg

Better :)
    Image959.jpg

Finally I got this out!
    Image960.jpg

Perfect :)
    Image961.jpg

Get well soon.... To me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

dgt wrote: »

Well...... Engine not out ....... dgt , must be really bad flu, ehhhh..... Get well mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

5kre69.jpg
    dgt wrote: »
    Image959.jpg

Same shed lads?

Well spotted tossy :D

tumblr_m573cm446k1rtjw1mo1_250.gif

Well done lads ;)

So is this the first 'coming out' we've had on motors ? I wish you the best lads :D

tossy wrote: »
    So is this the first 'coming out' we've had on motors ? I wish you the best lads :D

Woah reverse the horse there!

What coming out? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The same shed in the same shed :D.

Well now you's all know who the painter was so.... ;)

And MM gets to see a bit of the inside of the garage :pac:

• Advertisement

Looks impressive DGT,i must keep an eye out on the by roads of the Curragh for the astra and have a close look :)

Advertisement