Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

That does have a very authentic Vento look to it.
    Now all you need is a demented sheepdog riding shotgun and a two mile tailback behind ye on an N road at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That sounds like too much effort. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Pink headlights would appear to be a thing now... Especially fog lights and especially on Starlets/Glanzas.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Pink headlights would appear to be a thing now... Especially fog lights and especially on Starlets/Glanzas.
    EVERY A4 in Limerick has them. I think it's a "YES equality" thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

EVERY A4 in Limerick has them. I think it's a "YES equality" thing?

Or they're all a bunch of colourblind regis's.....? :D

• Advertisement

Pink fogs have been a thing for quite a while. Never seen anyone with pink headlights though.

OSI wrote: »
    the retrofitted ones are that "I still haven't realised the weed my mate is selling me is actually oregano" blue.

LOL - aka "shenzen white"

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Was hoping to see a before/after of a new license plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Last weekend's shopping delivered by Mr Postman (well, more to be expected by next monday).

kyb1.jpg

What a surprise - why LH vs. RH are not the same size? :eek:

Mystery unveiled:

kyb2.jpg:D

Due to be replaced on friday. :cool:

Was hoping to see a before/after of a new license plate.

I know you did. :P

I managed to make it look a little better though by cleaning front and back and giving it one coat of white paint on the back (since it's kinda transparent).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

joujoujou wrote: »
    Last weekend's shopping delivered by Mr Postman (well, more to be expected by next monday).

kyb1.jpg

What a surprise - why LH vs. RH are not the same size? :eek:

Mystery unveiled:

kyb2.jpg:D

Due to be replaced on friday. :cool:

Lol, I was in the same boat the other week with KYBs. I was all ready to be outraged until I opened the boxes.

The "Avensistures" of Ed:

Rear shocks done yesterday, the most annoying part was removing the seats and interior trim. There's always the worry that I'll snap the fittings. I got to have a good look for "skeletons" around the rear of the chassis in the process though. All good.

Dropped it in for NCT retest... suspension test and alignment were all good. Buuut....

The bonnet catch, at that exact moment, decided to stick so I got a fail dangerous. Put some engine oil on it and revved the engine (vibration tends to work the oil in), which fixed the issue. Went to grab a tester and they'd all just gone on lunch. Had to wait another 30 mins for the cert :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Nothing too major but I changed both the dipped headlights to Osram nightbreakers.

The bulbs:
    130ADB76-3E73-4556-8F4F-499196049522_zpsghu1swuj.jpg

If this was a Megane 2 it would be a right pain to do but Megane 3 remove 2 screws and a bar headlight slides out like this
    11F45BB9-0618-4C39-B2B5-DEB275238CF3_zps6oyicdjf.jpg

Leaving loads of room to remove the bulb great idea makes the job quick and easy to do.
    BC58AA58-992C-4DB4-B3BD-9764E6EE21AC_zps79vrbjmz.jpg

Right nightbreaker left standard bulb there is certainly a difference obviously the sun beating down won't help but the nightbreaker even looks slightly brighter. Now just the wait till tonight to test them I love these bulbs I have had them on every car ive had :)
    57A3DD7E-4F56-46C9-ACBC-ECAD3EDBA6ED_zpszl4xofr1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Do you need to realign the headlights after removing them like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not usually TFB. They usually locate on hard points on the car once you slide them back in.
    The mothers i30 is like this too. Handy once you do them the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Yep the bulbs sit in and clips go in behind them so they should be in the exact same position and the Megane passed its first nct a month ago so I assme the lights were checked during the test.

Edit I thought you were talking about the bulb the unit itself has clips and there is a metal bar that slots in to ensure its in the same position that there is no movement quite a sturdy setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Handy to know. Say what they will BP, i'd drive it :)

Got some LED bulbs. No before/after pics because both of the old ones burnt out.

18262153370_879656ce65_c.jpg

18262149460_71f53439e6_c.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Really shows up the number plate

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should make a Volf badge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Some fella in a BMW passed me on the N8 one night and his numberplate lights were stronger than headlights. Wouldn't like to be caught behind it in traffic, would have to don sunglasses at night.

• Advertisement

I will get a pic of them when it's dark. I don't think they are anywhere nearly as bright as those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

As long as numberplate light cannot be seen directly (so reflection only), they're legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

GvidoR wrote: »
    Got some LED bulbs. No before/after pics because both of the old ones burnt out.

18262153370_879656ce65_c.jpg

For a second there that looked like one of these:
    015151_R_Z001?$TMB$&wid=420&hei=420

Not the best pic, but yeah... those bulbs are not going to blind anyone. They look very nice in real life.

18462940712_fbc840eb1d_c.jpg

Also I was already expecting licence plate comments. No matter what I do, it always comes back to that. If they really bug you, I accept donations. I'll get to them sooner or later, but right now I have bigger things to worry about as you will see in the next few weeks.

BTW - taking the rear plate off will be a pain.

18438437066_de56858362_c.jpg

I will donate 500 rupees to the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got to love bright evenings :)
    Got around to changing the thermostat on the 645 tonight.
    Was getting the below error and car was taking ages to warm up to temperature.
    thermostat_zpsqgcdgc5k.jpg

Ordered up a new thermostat and got some coolant to refill.
    IMG_20150604_202028_zpsgdwsdahb.jpg

TIS at the ready
    IMG_20150604_202033_zps9fq4igs7.jpg

Coolant line removed, spot the coke bottle full of coolant down below
    IMG_20150604_201936_zpssgr1nt6m.jpg
    IMG_20150604_202001_zpskjis3h3i.jpg
    IMG_20150604_203510_zpshhnugwrm.jpg

Thermostat removed
    IMG_20150604_203518_zpsjaf1p3ez.jpg

New one installed
    IMG_20150604_205912_zpsdn8vnyj7.jpg

And don't throw away the top of the coke bottle ;)
    IMG_20150604_205918_zps0fsqh12u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

GvidoR wrote:
    Also I was already expecting licence plate comments. No matter what I do, it always comes back to that. If they really bug you, I accept donations. I'll get to them sooner or later, but right now I have bigger things to worry about as you will see in the next few weeks.

I genuinely think that we should set up a fund. All we would need is about 25 euro, and it would sure as hell make a lot of us here a lot more at ease! :pac:

I genuinely think that we should set up a fund. All we would need is about 25 euro, and it would sure as hell make a lot of us here a lot more at ease! :pac:

A euro or 2 each. Anything left over to be donated to SSF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

These:
    2015-06-05-00-15-30-379.png

:pac:.

Advertisement