Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Hal1 wrote:
    These:

That's a sham... and a fraud... and .... a... sham. You can't get Antrim on an Irish reg plate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Hal1 wrote: »
    These:
    2015-06-05-00-15-30-379.png

:pac:.

AVEN-T-ODOR

needs lambo style vento doors first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

as a badge perhaps

UcyQqER.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Back suspension needs a refresh....
    I know the trw lets it down a bit... Might order OEM between now and when I do it....

IMG_1056_zpsjyitlj5q.jpg

To be continued...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

TRW are a very good brand, likely to be the OEM manufacturer. Every bit as good if not better than the Lemforder bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need one of these beauties gvidor

LQZeqh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Why yellow?

I've been thinking about ones like this

CviK7yQ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't get the whole german plate thing....

It's not even German... it's just a pressed metal plate. IRL symbol, hyphens, county and all... Irish plate!!!!!!

GvidoR wrote:
    I've been thinking about ones like this

Look, you can try to fool us all you like, but your car ain't a 131. :pac:

• Advertisement

Look, you can try to fool us all you like, but your car ain't a 131. :pac:

I'm not the type of person who cares about the the numbers on the licence plate.

Well the numbers are wrong font to be irish

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That font actually meets the requirements though. AFAIK There's no set font unlike other countries, they just have to be a certain width/height,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

My yoke had metal plates on it when I got it. And I much prefer the metal plates to the plastic.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That font actually meets the requirements though. AFAIK There's no set font unlike other countries, they just have to be a certain width/height,

No I do understand but the 9 is broken where the original Irish type is full no gaps.

Would love if we could fit black and silver:pac:

Would love if we could fit black and silver:pac:

Like this?

11209437_984538818223953_6350102967963330259_n.jpg?oh=91cf6dbd2042fbbdfd42a9e5e108cf86&oe=55F297B5

Going back on topic... today I did something to my car... LED side lights.

18496564022_bbcfc048c7_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Man i think it's too old for the led upgrades.
    I wouldn't dream of them in the e36.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Windows tinted today, only have the front deflectors now, next to sort out some led bulbs, some xenon bulbs then new alloys

qwerty_zpsak9xma6a.jpg

YbFocus wrote: »
    Man i think it's too old for the led upgrades.

That's racist. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

morritty wrote:
    Windows tinted today, only have the front deflectors now, next to sort out some led bulbs, some xenon bulbs then new alloys

What sort of alloys are you getting? The ones off the sport are nice, 18's I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Front shocks replaced. Brake fluid replaced.

The only difference I can feel is empty wallet though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

What sort of alloys are you getting? The ones off the sport are nice, 18's I think?

Im thinking either the Facelift sports, or the snowflake style from japan, or something aftermarket that looks like bbs LM's or CH's

Bearing replaced today. It was not a pleasant experience doing the job to say the least. Fcukin rain! At least it's done now. Pics are crap. Next on the list is pads and discs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Fair play diy'ng it yourself. Did you press it out too with a homemade thingy?

Hal1 wrote: »
    Fair play diy'ng it yourself. Did you press it out too with a homemade thingy?

Cheers! No there was no need for anything like that. Its a bearing assembly so it bolts on and off from the hub. There's a bearing puller in one of the pics. Had to use that to get the hub off the drive shaft. The splines were so dry that it was well stuck on. Didn't think I'd have to actually remove the whole hub and I probably didn't but it made life easier mounting the new bearing. Would have been a nightmare trying to torque the bolts if it was still attached to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It looks a lot accessible with discs on the rear. I've got drum brakes on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

So I said earlier I was going out to attack the seats with the dye kit, this will take a week or more of evenings. As its labour intensive and takes time between coats.

I first started with this...
    Stained but not overly bad, or so I thought.

351172.jpg

Using the cleaner in the set and a nail brush to massage it into the leather, plenty of dirt was lifted out.
    So this was the difference...

351173.jpg

I continued and cleaned the whole seat and then dyed the original section.
    I was terrified doing it but its rather easy!
    It's now drying and I may put another coat on tonight yet.
    The difference in this section through the pics is something else.

351174.jpg

I also have elastic filler in this set to fill the cracks in the bolsters before dying them to take the age cracks out of them and bring them back new!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Bearing replaced today. It was not a pleasant experience doing the job to say the least. Fcukin rain! At least it's done now. Pics are crap. Next on the list is pads and discs

Was that front or rear? Wanted to do the front ones on my Cmax, but they were pressed into the hub, so just got the guy down the road to do it.
    The rear ones I did myself, because it was like that, just undo the hub assembly and Bob's yer Uncle, but of course it's never that easy...

Advertisement