Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

DSC00047_zpsb00b86df.jpg

Washed Europe off it...

DSC00039_zps310adf2b.jpg

...fitted an OBD lock...

DSC00032_zps2846ebe1.jpg

...and put this on. Badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Where'd you get the aluminium pedals Paddy?

Where'd you get the aluminium pedals Paddy?

Main stealer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

Good man to know. What else does he steal.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

Giz a part numba would ya?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Love the OBD lock paddy. How secure is it against the OBD Theft issue?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sounds like a great idea for those cars susceptible to that quick key cloning theft thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sprayed the wing mirror covers matt black. Removed the light tint on front lights and after an hour of scrubbing and using all sort's of crap on them they now look brand new :)

Giz a part numba would ya?? :D

No idea, just ask for the really f*cking expensive pedal covers and they'll know what you're on about :pac:
    HungryJoey wrote: »
    Love the OBD lock paddy. How secure is it against the OBD Theft issue?

Pretty secure to be fair. I guess the main idea behind it is that when these guys break the window and reach in to access the OBD port, it's in an alarm blind spot. This way if they're determined to get through it, you can guarantee the alarm will go off so there won't be a 'silent' theft. It'll also be obvious if they do get through it and plan on returning later. All in all, it's more a deterrent than anything. If they really want to steal it, they will. Might as well make life as difficult as possible for them so they pick another car instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Definately not me, and technically it's her car, but good to get him doing this stuff nice and early.

c4ye.jpg

That's my 22 month old son, with Grandad helping him, washing (or maybe detailing?) the wife's Volvo.

Seems to be 2 buckets too, so he's already a step ahead of me. Hope that's a wash mit in his hand and not a sponge :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

So I did some more, little and all it was :)

First: looks a bit different now
    Image963.jpg

Some bran flakes anyone?
    Image964.jpg

Snickers?
    Image965.jpg

Nutella?
    Image966.jpg

What the f*ck are you smiling at? :pac:
    Image970.jpg

Well done, leave me with no f*cking room to take the nut off :rolleyes:
    Image968.jpg

Oh dear, this was cobbled too!
    Image969.jpg

Driveshafts disconnected. You know it's beefier than lowly T-Sparks as these use what looks like a M10 bolt....

And I had to stop because as I type this I'm coughing my chest out :(

OSI wrote: »
    dgt, I have literally what the **** you're at, but I will say that I'll have whatever it is you're having for that cough of yours.

That feckin cough eh :( it's going about :mad:

Well this is what I'm on to rid of it
    Image971.jpg

I need help when I'm cured from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Final pictures of the 535d for those who followed...

DSC_1057.JPG
    DSC_1059.JPG
    DSC_1062.JPG
    DSC_1064.JPG
    DSC_1066.JPG
    DSC_1067.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

How much would that cost roughly? The workmanship looks amazing by the way, it looks factory

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Corbally

Had to get new key for the van, lost mine so i was locked out. Volkswagon told me I'd have to tow to a garage, wait 3 days then they would match the key to the van...Quoted me a ridiculous price. got a number for a locksmith in laois. 20 mins and €150 later i had a new key. Said €70 for a spare key. Good trip for anyone that needs a new key

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Hard wired one of these in the glove box.

ring-automotive-quadruple-multisocket-rms4_2.jpg

Looks a little neater.

bc001e78-db6b-49d3-b970-a4cab967fd13_zps593af47b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Back from Enniskillen.

Got paint.

270791.jpg

I got meh 166 some much needed wheels and tyres
    Image972.jpg

Looks much better than those crappy pepperpots!
    Image973.jpg

Drives much better too :)
    Image974.jpg

Has Michelins all round. Much better than the bullsh*t tyres that were on it, much quieter, hold the road better..... Why cheap out, especially with a big Alfa??!!!

Moving to the 406. This is what I've had to put up with for the week. Well not exactly, otherwise I'd be poisoned and probably dead by now :( back to the traditional pissy wet afternoons for being near pissy wet Navan
    Image975.jpg

Que my new pipe (no pics of me pole dancing round this will be uploaded :pac:)
    Image976.jpg

Chopped a length, rammed the exhaust into it with brute force and ignorance, then welded it up
    Image977.jpg

About 3cm too short but pah, I have my beloved car back to normal :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I finally got round to changing both track rod ends and shock top bushing and bearing on the right side.

And I dropped the shock on my toe. Yes a van shock. Bloody sore.

Just need it tracked now.

Next step decat.

08 reno trafic 115 btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

So dgt how does the silver busso compare to the red busso with the bolixed engine?
    Those the 15s on the 166?
    Or the 17s?

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    dgt, I have literally no idea what the **** you're at, but I will say that I'll have whatever it is you're having for that cough of yours.

It's called a busso engine.
    Gods greatest gift to drivers! :D

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I finally got round to changing both track rod ends and shock top bushing and bearing on the right side.

And I dropped the shock on my toe. Yes a van shock. Bloody sore.

Just need it tracked now.

Next step decat.

08 reno trafic 115 btw.

Hence I wear safety boots when working on the cars most of the time. A gearbox fell on my foot when I was 16, never the same since

Had a Daily live rear axle fall on me, crush me a bit and pin me to the ground...... :eek:

Had a set of piss poor compressors explode and nearly take my leg off, Ducato 1.8Q

Plenty more horror stories if you want to hear them :pac:

Consider yourself lucky ;)

Scortho wrote: »
    So dgt how does the silver busso compare to the red busso with the bolixed engine?
    Those the 15s on the 166?
    Or the 17s?

Haven't a clue, can't compare consider both don't work :pac:

The 166 is still as quiet as always :) sticky calliper on the rear left had me scratching my head for a bit.... Shall try free it out, I have it tightened to my standards anyway :pac:

It's a completely different car with those wheels, the way it should always have been :) sure I'll show you the sh*t tyres that were on it, I think all mismatched. One was a Runway, the others I've never even heard of :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

dgt wrote: »
    Hence I wear safety boots when working on the cars most of the time. A gearbox fell on my foot when I was 16, never the same since

Had a Daily live rear axle fall on me, crush me a bit and pin me to the ground...... :eek:

Had a set of piss poor compressors explode and nearly take my leg off, Ducato 1.8Q

Plenty more horror stories if you want to hear them :pac:

Consider yourself lucky ;)

I know I should. I should do all sorts.

The rods and mount were only out for the last 8k miles. Sed its long enough

Haven't a clue, can't compare consider both don't work :pac:

The 166 is still as quiet as always :) sticky calliper on the rear left had me scratching my head for a bit.... Shall try free it out, I have it tightened to my standards anyway :pac:

It's a completely different car with those wheels, the way it should always have been :) sure I'll show you the sh*t tyres that were on it, I think all mismatched. One was a Runway, the others I've never even heard of :mad:

Tyres? You should see the nexums! They've now been put on the back, while I quickly save money for 2 turanzas for the rear. Heap of Chinese ****.

May I suggest lump hammer for that caliper....

Scortho wrote: »
    Tyres? You should see the nexums! They've now been put on the back, while I quickly save money for 2 turanzas for the rear. Heap of Chinese ****.

May I suggest lump hammer for that caliper....

Put them on the front and make a youtube video with them :pac:

Tyre lever cured it temporarily :) it will be coming off in due time :D

Put them on the front and make a youtube video with them :pac:

Tyre lever cured it temporarily :) it will be coming off in due time :D

They've always been on the front. :eek:
    The grip now is unreal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Went out to fix the horn on the car, blew the fuse, so I will have to wait till tomorrow to get a new fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The battery negative should have been disconnected. Any time I'm fitting fuses now I do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Hal1 wrote: »
    The battery negative should have been disconnected. Any time I'm fitting fuses now I do that.

Why :confused:

Advertisement