Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

^^^^

sticker,375x360.png

I must say i think it suits it! very....german of you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not too fond of them yellow lights.

Also I drove through Westport town Saturday night/evening didn't spot your car. I went down that way for a spin Ballinrobe-Wesport and back through Castlebar. There was something on in Castlebar, main street blocked with a stage.

edit: Looking again they are alright I suppose hard to judge from the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'm not too fond of them yellow lights.

Also I drove through Westport town Saturday night/evening didn't spot your car. I went down that way for a spin Ballinrobe-Wesport and back through Castlebar. There was something on in Castlebar, main street blocked with a stage.

edit: Looking again they are alright I suppose hard to judge from the pics.

It would have been parked down at the Quay all evening as we were in town :)

Yeah there's a bit of a split with them here at home too but the majority like them!

YbFocus wrote: »
    It would have been parked down at the Quay all evening as we were in town :)

Yeah there's a bit of a split with them here at home too but the majority like them!

Oh right I drove in past tesco and out to Westport house grounds. Well I wasn't really checking every car I was just thinking I may drive past you or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Lights look good yb. Looks cool with the yellow only in the full beam side. Not as impressive as all these trips to westport on 2 tanks of fuel though :pac:

• Advertisement

Interslice wrote: »
    Lights look good yb. Looks cool with the yellow only in the full beam side. Not as impressive as all these trips to westport on 2 tanks of fuel though :pac:

Thanks man :) It's a full thank is all :pac:
    One tank up and back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but look... I put on the rear wiper, instead of taking it off. :D

19485869802_389f905f4f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You wouldn't put it on the right way?

Just down a little bit :)

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seems to be up a bit too high?

74PqiE.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't like it too low. Might lower the Punto one a little though.

19133335951_c372bb7811_c.jpg
    14316336845_2171faa419_c.jpg

Drift stitched Punto rear bumper :D :pac:

19501637326_a9362ee6e6_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

GvidoR wrote: »
    This may come as a surprise to some of you, but look... I put on the rear wiper, instead of taking it off. :D

19485869802_389f905f4f_c.jpg

Aaand ?? Is it working ? :D

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Aaand ?? Is it working ? :D

The wiper? Yes, why wouldn't it?

GvidoR wrote: »
    The wiper? Yes, why wouldn't it?

and window washing liquid sprinkles properly ??

Good work.

I dont know do i have to put or not, any way , lately was working on my passat. changed camshaft, had to adjust injectors to new camshaft, feckin socket bit fell off... and fell in to oil line, landed on top of oil sump.
    whoever know how bad is take off oil sump off pd engined passat, will understand me... i just didnt touch that car for a week... was driving punto... until my self steam came up again, and managed to take that sump off, remove bit, put everything back.
    So just left adjust injectors, set timing, fit timing belt , inlet and exhaust manifolds, fit turbocharger (had to take off and reassemble - as it was seized) , connect exhaust... and nearly there :)

... But i am lazy .. work takes a lot of the will to do anything.

and window washing liquid sprinkles properly ??

Good work.

The water comes out but doesn't really spray on the window, so I'll have to look into that.

All I did was replace the wiper arm, one 13mm bolt and that's it. Easy job, I have bigger things to tackle now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I dont know do i have to put or not, any way , lately was working on my passat. changed camshaft, had to adjust injectors to new camshaft, feckin socket bit fell off... and fell in to oil line, landed on top of oil sump.
    whoever know how bad is take off oil sump off pd engined passat, will understand me... i just didnt touch that car for a week... was driving punto... until my self steam came up again, and managed to take that sump off, remove bit, put everything back.
    So just left adjust injectors, set timing, fit timing belt , inlet and exhaust manifolds, fit turbocharger (had to take off and reassemble - as it was seized) , connect exhaust... and nearly there :)

... But i am lazy .. work takes a lot of the will to do anything.

Feel your pain man. Done something similar on my transporter. Dropped a set of shims down an oil return gallery. Full days work to remove and refit the sump and the shims didn't even make it down that far...at least it got a clean. Have to change the sump on my new car soon too. The joys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Had an argument with a concrete wall reversing.
    Wall-1 Car-0.
    I backed into the wall so the bumper was creased and the estate boot door had a big crease that stopped the door from opening.
    Spent the afternoon with a big hammer and a Portapower so the door now opens shuts and locks again.
    Towbar is still bent though.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Had an argument with a concrete wall reversing.
    Wall-1 Car-0.
    I backed into the wall so the bumper was creased and the estate boot door had a big crease that stopped the door from opening.
    Spent the afternoon with a big hammer and a Portapower so the door now opens shuts and locks again.
    Towbar is still bent though.

You must have been doing a fair speed to bend the tow bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Finally!

20150710_131335.jpg
    20150710_131356.jpg
    20150710_131455.jpg
    20150710_131815.jpg

yeah, it is utterly tasteless, nasty and out of place but i think that's why i like it; very 80's. i set out to buy a black 8 ball but i thought the maroon would "compliment" the head unit and the celica is a 7th gen so it's all kind of fitting. It goes well with my fluffy dice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It's an acquired taste, I'll give you that!

Think the 8 is a better compromise actually?

20150710_143335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Think the 8 is a better compromise actually?

Ya that looks a lot better. How many of them did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

20150710_131815.jpg

I hope you got a kind of neon green one too for when the head unit is turned on :P

lol :D the stereo is a basic 7 segment display type which lights up white, the maroon is still very maroon on it.

i set out just to buy the 8 ball, but when i seen the 7 and made up the relationship in my head i said i'd buy it and try it, so i just bought 7 and 8 :P they are real pool balls too by the feel of them, they were still covered in dust from where they were drilled and tapped. they were only around £5 each on fleabay so not too bad that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Considering people pay frankly bonkers money for weighted shift knobs, that looks like a good deal as long as it doesn't come off during spirited driving. Happened me once with the basic MINI shifter - woooops.
    Example of the more money than sense version of your fleabay job - $100:
    http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com/#!product/prd1/1872441285/mini-g1-billiard-ball-shift-knob

Sorry man but i think that looks a total state!

Jaysis that's steep money alright!

can't see mine coming off, the threading was good and tight. will see how it goes, aside from the questionable taste, it feels fairly strange to drive with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭cletus

Did that with my old fiesta, think the posts are on this thread somewhere.

I went proper oldschool though. I got a real 8 ball, drilled and tapped it. I loved how it felt while driving actually, haven't put it into my corolla, don't have a large enough tap. Some stage though

Advertisement