Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] buddies Glanza's headlights [...]

Where's a bumper? :eek:

That engine bay looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That engine bay looks great!

I know there is no room and all but the inlet routing is a disaster to look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

joujoujou wrote: »
    Where's a bumper? :eek:

That's NCT Spec, wait until it's back in road racing spec!

YbFocus wrote: »
    I know there is no room and all but the inlet routing is a disaster to look at!

Ah ffs! You had to ruin it! :pac:

Only copped it as you mentioned it. The rest looks good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Steve320

That's my brothers car , dave did a cracking job on the car, it's going to be going td04 and proper map with massive injectors , should be approx 220bhp @1bar and full boost at 3k (turbo is being rebuilt for less lag but same size turbine housing)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johnoglanza

The Headlights turned out great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Got new center caps yesterday.

20150906_140705_zpsudc6wzxf.jpg~original

Old ones were knock offs and were peeling away, only lasted about 18 months:

second_zpswn5068st.jpg~original

Couldn't be arsed taking the wheels off to remove them properly, so this worked well:

20150906_141306_zpsutgm2vtw.jpg~original

20150906_141340_zpstajmvslp.jpg~original

20150906_141408_zpszbuoof0y.jpg~original

20150906_141556_zpsywuturm8.jpg~original

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

My ocd would be delighted that they are all the right way up for once. Almost worth welding the diff to keep them that way :P

Seriously though, I'm sure some luxury car maker could make money if they canoe up with some sort of gimble thing that would self-level the centre caps

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

jumbone wrote: »
    My ocd would be delighted that they are all the right way up for once. Almost worth welding the diff to keep them that way :P

Seriously though, I'm sure some luxury car maker could make money if they canoe up with some sort of gimble thing that would self-level the centre caps

rolls royces do it afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

A bit of wheelspin and front and rear wont match.

$99 :eek:

But it's a nice mod though.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

rolls royces do it afaik.

What? A welded diff on a roller haha :P

Dammit, there goes my dragons den moment

GvidoR wrote: »
    $99 :eek:

But it's a nice mod though.

for 4. $25 a corner , considering OEM's are 15 or so its not a huge stretch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

There is hope for you, but you will have to move upmarket a bit:

http://www.gizmag.com/bentleys-self-leveling-wheel-badges/13345/

There once was a crowd that did that, bimmerspinners, but they got shot down by BMW and they didn't even think to offer the product themselves! Booourns, BMW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

There is hope for you, but you will have to move upmarket a bit:

http://www.gizmag.com/bentleys-self-leveling-wheel-badges/13345/

Those would do great on a Chyrsler 300C

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

power steering belt change on the carina e, she was squealing like a pig on start up - straight forward enough, didnt have enough tension on the alternator belt when i put it all back together and that was making noise, also the alternator tensioner bolt snapped when i was loosening it (its 20 years old after all) so had to get the old one out and replace also -

now, no squeals!

also polished the missus headlights on a mk5 golf - they were very yellow!

Definitely a lot of headlights being polished lately. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Lots of expensive looking warning lights on the CL dash, BAS, ESP, ABS and no cruise control. Thankfully I'd had the same fault on the SL and knew the solution; a €23 switch on the pedal. Now sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

not that the car is particularly fresh up close, but in some places 150k miles was starting to show, most notably was when you were stood back from the car where you could see a lot of surface rust on the rear subframe and control arms. Whipped out the straight to rust paint and it looks a hell of a lot better!

IMG_20150904_164931.jpg
    IMG_20150904_165043.jpg
    IMG_20150904_165046.jpg
    IMG_20150904_172406.jpg

and in typical fashion of late, I polished my headlights :)

IMG_20150904_185815.jpg
    IMG_20150904_190455.jpg
    IMG_20150904_185823.jpg
    IMG_20150904_190449.jpg

not that the car is particularly fresh up close, but in some places 150k miles was starting to show, most notably was when you were stood back from the car where you could see a lot of surface rust on the rear subframe and control arms. Whipped out the straight to rust paint and it looks a hell of a lot better!

Careful now! Someone will be along shortly to start berating you for "hiding rust from infallible NCT testers" :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

she's still good and solid under there, but I wouldn't like to be opening some of those nuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Right lads,

what are you guys using / recommending to polish up the headlights covers ? Do I need a polisher or will elbow grease with the correct product suffice ?

My A6 lenses are poorly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

dodzy wrote: »
    [...] will elbow grease with the correct product suffice ?

[...]

It will yeah. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

dodzy wrote: »
    Right lads,

what are you guys using / recommending to polish up the headlights covers ? Do I need a polisher or will elbow grease with the correct product suffice ?

My A6 lenses are poorly :(

I used a combination of Turtle Wax Safe Cut, T-Cut and then gave them a coat of wax - used a polisher cos i am lazy. Turned out ok - but to get them back like brand new lads use various grades of wet sanding up to 2000 grit. I didn't have the b@lls to take sandpaper to them.

361566.png

You used scotch tape on paint? :eek:

No guts, no glory! 600, 800, 1200 wet sandpaper by hand, abrasive paste and finally T cut via orbital sander with a sheep wool pad.
    Result is a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

You could try Meguiars Plastex which will help a lot, works on faded tail lights too

• Advertisement

20150909_001.jpg

20150909_002.jpg

Be nice to get that crease out of there but I'm not sure if there is a way

Advertisement