Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Fronts are usually fine and I have an art form made of using a g clamp and a snipe nosed pliers for the rears :)
    There is a lot to be said for proper tools though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

YbFocus wrote: »
    Fronts are usually fine and I have an art form made of using a g clamp and a snipe nosed pliers for the rears :)
    There is a lot to be said for proper tools though :)

G clamp usually does the job for me

G clamp usually does the job for me

On the fronts it will but you need a little extra to twist the rears back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Eibach Pro coil springs fitter to my E46 yesterday. New Eagle F1's tomorrow all round.

Speaking of which, DPD are due to deliver them to my house. Anyone have experience of transporting 4 tyres in an E46 Coupe or similiar?

Eibach Pro coil springs fitter to my E46 yesterday. New Eagle F1's tomorrow all round.

Speaking of which, DPD are due to deliver them to my house. Anyone have experience of transporting 4 tyres in an E46 Coupe or similiar?

• Advertisement

E36 coupe, 2 in the boot, 2 in the back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭cletus

YbFocus wrote: »
    On the fronts it will but you need a little extra to twist the rears back :)

Depends on the mark of the corolla, e12's have drum in disc, no need for wind back tool (or needle nosed pliers)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

DPD, take it you ordered with oponeo.

We had wicked trouble with DPD getting them to deliver 2 sh*tty tyres to us. Excuse after excuse.

They also damaged almost every panel I sent with them. Lost a few for weeks on end

That was north, south and UK. Unanimous poor service

I hate DPD. Nothing but trouble I've had with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

DPD, take it you ordered with oponeo.

We had wicked trouble with DPD getting them to deliver 2 sh*tty tyres to us. Excuse after excuse.

They also damaged almost every panel I sent with them. Lost a few for weeks on end

That was north, south and UK. Unanimous poor service

I hate DPD. Nothing but trouble I've had with them

Ya they ****ed up with my last oponeo order and ended up waiting 2 weeks for my tyres, GLS would just drop them at work for me..

I'm actually going out to collect them at their depot tomorrow and head on over to Red Cow Tyres then for fitment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Looking to get a few tyres off openeo in the next few weeks what's the going rate for getting them put on the car.

Based in north cork but can easily travel to limerick to get them put on .

Anybody recommend a tyre place in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Out with the old and in with the new :) Fitted the speedo cluster from a Mk2 Renault Clio into our 07 Primastar today. Simple plug and play as it already had the correct stalk with button on the end. Means that we now have trip computer functions such as range to empty, mpg and average speed.

Also looks a bit better (imo) with the silver dial surrounds and orange highlights.

Incidentally, if anyone can recommend a place for odometer corrections can you let me know please? Van had 133k km on it but new speedo only had 66k miles so I'd like to have it adjusted upwards of possible.

Whats up with the attachments??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Attachments are broken since last site failure.

Didn't realise there was a site failure :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

@Top dog Photobucket and the like are still working so you could use that to post pictures. Sounds like a cool little mod and your up a trip computer.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Working? Sleeping? Messing about with my van? Not all of us live on here ;)

Thanks for the link though :)
    CIP4 wrote: »
    @Top dog Photobucket and the like are still working so you could use that to post pictures. Sounds like a cool little mod and your up a trip computer.
    I'm sure I have my own hosting account somewhere - just that long since I used it that I'll have to try root out the details. :o

Found it! :D

Ok so the original dials

20160131_145116_resized.jpg

Mk2 Clio clocks fitted

20160131_210136_resized.jpg

And lit up at night

20160131_210233_resized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Oil changed in the Civic 07, hats off to Honda it has to be one of the best filter layouts I've seen to date, vertical and easy access

On a side note: She got the car end of March last year with 86000kms on the clock with a service due at 105000kms, it has 103500 on the clock, is it just me or do these seem like long intervals? - personally I wouldn't leave them that long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Oil changed in the Civic 07, hats off to Honda it has to be one of the best filter layouts I've seen to date, vertical and easy access

On a side note: She got the car end of March last year with 86000kms on the clock with a service due at 105000kms, it has 103500 on the clock, is it just me or do these seem like long intervals? - personally I wouldn't leave them that long

That's just under 12 thousand miles. Older Hondas used to have intervals half that.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That's just under 12 thousand miles. Older Hondas used to have intervals half that.

Yeah I do the same on the MR2 every year / 5000mls (whichevers first) it gets a fresh drop of 10w40.

I looked at the Civic service manual and it states every 20000kms to change oil - It jusst sounds alot when its converted from miles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a look at the Accord 2.2 diesel manual and the strange thing is that EU models are specced at 12.5k miles /20k km but the rest of the world has 6250k mile oil changes just not the EU models.
    I still believe in 6k oil changes, for the small bit of extra money you are prolonging your engines life.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I had a look at the Accord 2.2 diesel manual and the strange thing is that EU models are specced at 12.5k miles /20k km but the rest of the world has 6250k mile oil changes just not the EU models.
    I still believe in 6k oil changes, for the small bit of extra money you are prolonging your engines life.

I think you are right - I stockpiled a load of oil with the halfords deal at xmas so I'm good for the next 4 oil changes and it takes less than a hour to do it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

My Uncle's best friend was a mechanic in a leading merc/vw/audi garage and he has always maintained never leave a car do the crazy intervals now recommended.

We got a 05 1.4 Focus 8 years ago and 1st thing I did when I got it home was an oil change. And since then it's been every 6k miles. It had 80k kms on it when we got it and currently has 315k kms and no sludge build up etc at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Got the 156 back rolling and knock free finally. So nice to dirive. All the hardship instantly forgotten. Engine, box, clutch and suspension all sweet as a nut. None of which could be said when it was last on the road. I've just to change the thermostat tomorrow and then onto doing some cosmetic stuff. New reg plates and deep clean for a start. Will throw up some pics then :).

Went for the german suspension :pac:. Meyle top arms, Eibach 30mm springs and sachs lower wishbones bits. Feels nice and tight in the corners now. Felt like far better quality parts that what came out of it. A bit more weight to them.
    eta695.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just going fitting these now.
    That'll will be shocks, control arms,tie rods,swaybar bushings,drop links and top mounts all replaced.
    If she's not smooth after that, i'm going to plough her straight into the nearest wall!:pac:

D36869F0-1315-48BD-B7FE-CAA3686BD0A9_zpsjdwhushz.jpg

Out with the old
    690F5B66-9BA5-4ED4-A7C1-8F426CC939C0_zpsbvytirro.jpg

And in with the new
    4909CDCE-C240-42C0-AC6B-F33250E362D0_zpsuybsx2lc.jpg

And thats one side done.
    729ED4A4-18EC-4D44-A732-A2941BFD6F7B_zpsc6voe4u1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Time for some new tie rods:

20160205_030005_zpszmg3otmz.jpg~original

Rack was in good nick, no leaks. Regreased the whole assembly:

20160205_022005_zpsqpbnaiot.jpg~original

20160205_021951_zpspso9uhal.jpg~original

Forgot how big these calipers are:

20160205_130304_zpsszdpcnby.jpg~original

20160205_022321_zpsqwtixjrc.jpg~original

New boots and clamps:

20160205_135911_zpslbxpqsny.jpg~original

All done:

20160205_025558_zpsv5hkubad.jpg~original

Aligned the next day:

20160205_162352_zpsr0jbwrlv.jpg~original

20160205_164337_zps6qfmyiwm.jpg~original

Drove out of the centre a happy man, until I noticed the steering wheel wasn't straight. :(

Back again tomorrow.

Advertisement