Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

rizzee wrote: »
    Are you going to share where you got them? :D

I only have a passenger one and 2 rear, I need a drivers side one badly!! Is there anywhere I can buy a single one? The other 3 are like brand new and they're fitted so want to keep them :)

The car mats were from a discount store called Q2 in Carrick-on-Shannon. :P
    The LED bulbs were from eBay.

I have one more bargain surprise coming soon. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

He's bought a Maserati MC12 from ebay.de for €49.76 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Got couple new tyres on the 05 connect this morning and noticed around the altenator is wet with oil, i never noticed any drip marks on drive, now im thinking were the hell is that leaking from? is that the pump beside it? are they prone to leak? oil level hasnt moved so if its a leak its a tiny one, for now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Went down to Kilcock Car Distmantlers today to get some wheel nuts that were designed for alloy wheels.

Took 20 wheel nuts off a Mondeo that just came in. 4 of those were secure lock nuts. I opened the glovebox and found a new lock nut socket and a 2 euro coin on the seat.

Paid 10 euro for the lot. Success :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Score! :D. To think I paid about €50 for a mcgard set in halfrauds...

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    Score! :D. To think I paid about €50 for a mcgard set in halfrauds...

Yeah I was delighted to be honest. The thing was absolutely brand new in plastic packaging.

I spent the hour before that moment looking at every single Ford in the yard but every single one had the lock nut socket taken already :D

shietpilot wrote: »
    Went down to Kilcock Car Distmantlers today to get some wheel nuts that were designed for alloy wheels.

Took 20 wheel nuts of a Mondeo that just came in. 4 of those were secure lock nuts. I opened the glovebox and found a new lock nut socket and a 2 euro coin on the seat.

Paid 10 euro for the lot. Success :P

Wow, that's a great deal. I paid €20 for a set but then again they were OEM and including delivery. :P

So it was €8 if you count the 2 euro coin? :D

GvidoR wrote: »
    So it was €8 if you count the 2 euro coin? :D

Yes and OEM wheel nuts too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

shietpilot wrote: »

Took 20 wheel nuts off a Mondeo that just came in.
    You mean there are yards where you can still go in and pick 'n pay? Without all the nancying PC rubbish? :eek:

Top Dog wrote: »
    You mean there are yards where you can still go in and pick 'n pay? Without all the nancying PC rubbish? :eek:

Yep, it's the only reason I go there. Plenty of yards nearer to me but non of them allow you to go and look for stuff yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

I Finally Got round to fitting DRLs to the mondeo,
    I Bought them from Amazon -Osram PX4's
    Very Pleased with the way they turned out:)
    some Before & After pictures.
    (I don't know know how to inbed photos)

Looks pretty good for a DRL retrofit. A lot of them look pretty hideous though. I've seen strip of lights on a Zafira going from the left headlight under the grille and to the right headlight in one continuous strip. It looked awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Pre-NCT works. Front brake pads replaced. Discs look like they're just thick enough for the test, must order a set of them soon.

Will do brake shoes tomorrow.

Gavman inspired jobby today. Replaced number plate light as that was dead. Must replace the cover as well since it's cracked.
    Bulb was 96 or 97 cents in change from the local motor factors :P
    (this is not the bargain I was talking about in an earlier post btw)

24589673283_07abbbb9f2_b.jpg

24920883890_1f436f2e00_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Clunky brakes since i fitted Mintex pads a while back.
    Just put this stuff on the pads on one side to see if its any good.
    I won't use the car until tomorrow to leave dry properly.

3F3227F4-1F09-471E-9B66-95A32137B0A3_zpsit567vd0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Gave my 05 TDI altea its 204222 mile service today, a good hoovering out, carpet and seats deep clean etc.

Few things need looking at, drivers side seat belt has begun to fray a bit, seat bolster has a wear hole in it now so might try to source a replacement seat as theres a problem with the seat mechanism, everything else internally is spot on, car has been through the wars and back at this stage between the kids, hobbies and trips to dumps it is still reasonably fresh.

Engine seems to be running perfect, not using a lot of oil or coolant, there seems to be a bit more oil than I expected on the intercooler pipes, theres always been a couple of spots on the joints but there's some on the intercooler ends, is this normal.

I'd like to do a coolant flush, I've got the standard coolant from the motor factors, anyone know how much a 2.0TDi uses (BKD engine code)

Diagnostics check came back with zero faults.

Unregistered Users

So... rear brakes done.

Weakness of handbrake experienced recently, and new brake shoes did not solve that. Next step --> handbrake cables adjustment. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Changed the power steering fluid in the 740 today, probably still the original fluid below, should be red.
    One of those semi-pointless tasks, worth it for €12 though.

2_zpsxkcmfmis.jpg~original

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

No pics yet but collected my refurbished wheels for the GS from the body shop and took them to the tyre centre for new rubber, I am getting the bumpers and a few bits painted so between everything its costing me 1200 notes...

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Bought these to try get some sort of improve in power in the transit connect as its really starting to bug me now, also ordered a egr blanking plate on ebay, at least if any of them dont work im norrowing it down slowing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lads, if someone wouldn't mind giving me advise on this matter, it would be a great help.
    What I thought was the brakes rattling is coming from the cv joint area.
    Rubber boots are still intact and no leak.

Would like to know the best way to fix.
    Is it normally a replacement job.
    There is no cracking on full lock.
    Is it even the cv joints or is it possibly the steering?
    The same knock is coming from both sides.

Here's the problem,
    http://youtu.be/y5oBlr5j4M4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The sounds, looks like a fair bit of movement. I would just bring to a garage and let them investigate and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Replace starter on transit connect this morning... 20 minute job!

Unregistered Users

Handbrake adjusted.

The job itself (turning 2 nuts a bit) - 5 minutes.

All the rest (armrest console out and back in) - 45 minutes. facepalm.gif

Roxanne got pampered today. :)

* New oil, Castrol GTX 5w30
    * New oil filter, Mann
    * 4 new tyres fitted and balanced - Kumho KU31 195/50/R15

24960661000_eaea7eba5f_b.jpg

24896714159_fc23da41a6_b.jpg

24968790130_85bfb048c1_b.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

No pics, but Gvido reminded me I replaced my 2 fronts.

2 UniRoyal Rainexpert 3's on the front, to replace my 20k miles old UniRoyal Rainexpert 3's. Happy enough with the return on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just fitted new pads and discs all round on the A6. Looks like the last tool that was at it only changed the outer pad on the front. Way too much of a wear difference. Tosser. Probably has trouble disconnecting the wear sensor wire connection from the inner pad. Tosser.

378756.JPG

378757.JPG

378758.JPG

378759.JPG

378760.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Uneven pad wear may indicate sticky sliding pins for your caliper. Take them out, clean them up, grease well and make sure the dust boot is on securely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Uneven pad wear may indicate sticky sliding pins for your caliper. Take them out, clean them up, grease well and make sure the dust boot is on securely
    Yep. did that. Identical & significant wear on both inner pads. Me thinks it was laziness on the predecessors part. The front discs took some beating to release from their hubs! €200 all in and 1.5hrs labour ( with a beer or 2 in between ) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

GvidoR wrote: »
    Roxanne got pampered today. :)

* New oil, Castrol GTX 5w30
    * New oil filter, Mann
    * 4 new tyres fitted and balanced - Kumho KU31 195/50/R15

24960661000_eaea7eba5f_b.jpg

24896714159_fc23da41a6_b.jpg

24968790130_85bfb048c1_b.jpg

The next time you're doing the service try the main dealer for the service kit. You might find it to be much better value than buying everything separately in the motor factors.

Advertisement