Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I know but me likes the finish of the spray can :) only took 5 mins anyway to mask up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I know but me likes the finish of the spray can :) only took 5 mins anyway to mask up

Tell Eddie I said hi in the morning!

Will do, gotta be in Midleton for half 8, gonna be an exciting wait around!

Will do, gotta be in Midleton for half 8, gonna be an exciting wait around!

Alright breakfast in the place by tesco, good selection of car mags in the newsagent. Also the motor factors across from him is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

You actually get a better finish than you think with a brush, sure you'll see mine on Sunday :D

• Advertisement

Alright breakfast in the place by tesco, good selection of car mags in the newsagent. Also the motor factors across from him is pretty decent too.
    Ill have a nose around the Motor factors so and inevitably buy some crap i dont need.
    Actually now you remind me, he explained on the phone where he was but i couldnt follow half of it.
    Coming to the roundabout at Midleton at the end of the dual carriageway from Dunkettle, I presume you take the 3rd exit for Midleton and then where do I head?

Ill have a nose around the Motor factors so and inevitably buy some crap i dont need.
    Actually now you remind me, he explained on the phone where he was but i couldnt follow half of it.
    Coming to the roundabout at Midleton at the end of the dual carriageway from Dunkettle, I presume you take the 3rd exit for Midleton and then where do I head?

Head from Carrig to Midleton, first exit, hit the lights with O'Briens on your left and Cashmans and Abernethys on the other side of them. Turn left there and turn right by the new vet place and it's the big garage door straight in front. Williams Autobodies is the name over the door I think.

It's the exit before the roundabout to Youghal or Whitegate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late now but a top tip for painting calipers is to use brush on paint. It saves you ages in masking up;)

I told him to use spray instead of a brush. I used a brush on the MPS and ended up with fooken brush strokes everywhere. Once you spend the time masking up properly (therapeutic) and you prep the surface properly, it's a much more enjoyable job and much better finish than with a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I guess I'm going to have to wash my yoke tomorrow! Quick wash and a demon shine is about as far as I'll get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I guess I'm going to have to wash my yoke tomorrow! Quick wash and a demon shine is about as far as I'll get!

You're already further than me! I'll be doing my glass and that's about it

• Advertisement

I'm the opposite tomorrow! Getting up early as I have to do the interior. Seats out job to wash the carpet followed by the mats. After that it's just a wash outside and dry. No waxing or anything like that thanks to Gtechniq :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That'll be some bargain in a few years, serious care gone into it.

CianRyan wrote: »
    That'll be some bargain in a few years, serious care gone into it.

This time I'm putting the care into it so I can enjoy it instead of getting rid. I plan on keeping it until I can afford an e92 M3/e60 M5 or it blows up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm the opposite tomorrow! Getting up early as I have to do the interior. Seats out job to wash the carpet followed by the mats. After that it's just a wash outside and dry. No waxing or anything like that thanks to Gtechniq :D

Sure I only waxed mine, will just be getting the ****e off it and some tyre shine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Gearbox oil changed - now motul gear 300 in.

Whining(ish) noise did not disappear - honestly I'm not really surprised, but at least I tried. ;)

I still have one spare gearbox waiting - it'll be 4th gearbox in my car in 5 years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did my exhaust tips today :D

Before
    cajt.jpg
    After
    oycb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

The bottom one is a totally different car! :pac:

Hey everyone this guys a phony! :P

Ah no looks good though! :)

Just in from doing the car

Wash, clay, compound in spots, polish, couldn't be arsed waxing it.

5tov.jpg
    d8mv.jpg

Also one of the mudflaps split. Did a cable tie job on it, won't be visible

qhvj.jpg

You do all that work and don't bother waxing it? Waste of time Colm!

You do all that work and don't bother waxing it? Waste of time Colm!

I know, I know but I'm wrecked and she had the dinner ready...

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I know, I know but I'm wrecked and she had the dinner ready...

No excuse!!!! You should have been revived after the dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Changed the drop links on the rear anti-roll bar... They were kinda shot!

5af004363fd7ab035af4c6b22353cad0_zpsc4ff09a6.jpg

b5126213533f34f8a43c0093e257a15c_zps8f088a75.jpg

1a977e3e97deba77004b53078c9e8b8e_zps21f9385d.jpg

Now just have to do the steering rack bushes for the test...

i didnt have time to wax mine either Colm dont feel bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

BMW E46 aftermarket MPEG4 digital TV device installed into the OEM navigation system, you get digital TV and also allows you to play movies/tv series from a 32GB USB stick.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

i didnt have time to wax mine either Colm dont feel bad

Didn't even wash or vacuum mine so don't feel bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

joujoujou wrote: »
    Gearbox oil changed - now motul gear 300 in.

Whining(ish) noise did not disappear - honestly I'm not really surprised, but at least I tried. ;)

I still have one spare gearbox waiting - it'll be 4th gearbox in my car in 5 years. :D

What ya be doing to gearboxes? In 10 years of owning a car and a motorbike I broke one gearbox and that was on a polo there prone to them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just running them flat out all the time. :]

Don't forget it's a toyota, so very weak gearboxes in actually. :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Today I.... let someone else valet the car. Won a competition on the MX Valeting facebook page, half price car valet.

He did a great job.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.737970042895150.1073741905.652309348127887&type=1

Would have taken me twice as long. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

30u5zbt.jpg

1zvr5up.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got the Bluetooth adapter fitted for the Dension unit in my A6. Now have a close-to factory setup that uses the display and controls built in to the car.

All thanks to bmstuff who is a very nice guy and did a great job for me despite a few complications. Lovely E39 too :)

Thanks again :)

Advertisement