Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dodzy wrote: »
    Sport mode all the way. Did you code in the M Sport animation ? Looks very nice indeed. Also, rather than disable stop/start, I just have It defaulting to off at startup. Must look into the bimmerlink app. He should really give purchasers a discount for getting both!

I have it defaulting to off on start up also. My last post was before I got BimmerCode. I have an F30 so there's no option for an animation. I do however have "MPerformance" on the dash where it used say BMW.
    dodzy wrote: »
    Sounds like you got a fully loaded motor. It has the power close on the boot also? Nice 👍

His is a 330d touring so I would imagine they all have the power close on the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Today (Saturday) I put my car up for sale. It's been a great 7 years, but it's time to say goodbye.

9k on fuel, 2.5k on tax, 4k on insurance, and 4k in serviceable parts (tyres, services, brakes, discs, timing belt).
    Few quid too on upgrading it to somewhere near highline.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-vw-passat-cc-low-mileage-full-of-extras/21647967
    Would you not just stick it through the NCT early to get a 2 year NCT for the skae of €55

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

commited wrote: »
    Best of luck with the sale! That's a great length of time to own a daily, out of interest what was on the clock when you bought it and how much did it cost you?
    Was 55 on the clock when I bought it I think. Twas 18k back then if I remember correctly (traded my old A3 against it so the numbers are a bit fuzzy)
    shanec1928 wrote: »
    Would you not just stick it through the NCT early to get a 2 year NCT for the skae of €55

I'll suggest that to whoever buys it. Tis only 55euro, but is an NCT expiring in 3 months that much of a fear factor? I guess i've no excuse for not putting it through, but if it's something a buyer is using as leverage, i'll offer to NCT it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'll suggest that to whoever buys it. Tis only 55euro, but is an NCT expiring in 3 months that much of a fear factor? I guess i've no excuse for not putting it through, but if it's something a buyer is using as leverage, i'll offer to NCT it for them.

It would definitely be a bit of a fear factor for me as a buyer. What is so massively wrong that it won't pass an NCT? 55 in terms of the asking price is really nothing.

It would definitely be a bit of a fear factor for me as a buyer. What is so massively wrong that it won't pass an NCT? 55 in terms of the asking price is really nothing.

Fair point. I'll see how these viewings go and if needs be I'll pop it in for an NCT this week (seems the centers aren't too busy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A lot of punters might just skip an ad for a car with only 3 months test. 27 months would attract more potential buyers imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

And once you get the 2 years NCT put that in the title. Helps people browsing click into the ad quicker or even better make the call.

I know personally a car with NCT is more attractive to me than one without or in your case just a few months left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭dodzy

Fair point. I'll see how these viewings go and if needs be I'll pop it in for an NCT this week (seems the centers aren't too busy)

The way you’ve looked after her, I’d be amazed if it did not pass. As others have said, test it to enhance the ad. Will definitely make a difference. That said, if you get any viewers this side of the test, she should sell as it’s a mint example.

Cheers all. I've a few lined up over the next 2 days. I'll see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yep, always sport mode with the gearbox in sport also. I might use comfort on a bad road and ECOPro on the motorway but apart from that it's always sport.

I drove the last few kms home in sport today. Really couldn't live with that. Car at at 2k rpm most of the time and the heavier steering didn't do much for me other than nearly taking the downpipe off the side of the house :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Serviced the Mrs Octavia at weekend. Air pollen and oil filter. Noticed the air con is not blowing out cold , checked the compressor and it is engaging and got the gas checked and it is ok. Hope it's not going to be expensive to get fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I drove the last few kms home in sport today. Really couldn't live with that. Car at at 2k rpm most of the time and the heavier steering didn't do much for me other than nearly taking the downpipe off the side of the house :pac:

I'd have to agree, it is too aggressive to drive in all of the time.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I'd have to agree, it is too aggressive to drive in all of the time.

I fooken love it :D

Cheers all. I've a few lined up over the next 2 days. I'll see how they go.

Annnnnnd she's sold!

Got what I wanted (the lower side but i'm ok with it), and then out of desperation the 2nd buyer who hasn't seen the car, offered 500 more than he had mentioned the day previous.
    If he'd made that offer yesterday i'd of waited.

Annnnnnd she's sold!

Got what I wanted (the lower side but i'm ok with it), and then out of desperation the 2nd buyer who hasn't seen the car, offered 500 more than he had mentioned the day previous.
    If he'd made that offer yesterday i'd of waited.

Never a doubt 👍😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭This is it

NCT is up in July so thought I'd book it in and get it out of the way. Failed for excessive wear on the rubber brake pad. Delivered from Mick's Garage for a tenner. 14 months NCT, sorted :)

This is it wrote: »
    NCT is up in July so thought I'd book it in and get it out of the way. Failed for excessive wear on the rubber brake pad. Delivered from Mick's Garage for a tenner. 14 months NCT, sorted :)
    Those rubber break pads are a gimmick. They won't last you pissin' time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭This is it

The foot brake pedal pad, whatever it's called! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This is it wrote: »
    The foot brake pedal pad, whatever it's called! :)

Pedal cover ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Yesterday.

New spark plugs and new belt. It was about time for it, I'd say:

479488.jpg

And Poorboys Natural Look applied on intake manifold and engine top cover:

479489.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

S2000 Pollen filter; Probably 1st time ever changed I'd think. Certainly the worst I've ever come across.

[IMG][/img]47023845574_36c5a6101c_c.jpgIMG_20190508_165116 by P C, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Pollen filter is one of the first things i change on any new car as most cases it hasn't been changed in the cars life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Pollen filter is one of the first things i change on any new car as most cases it hasn't been changed in the cars life

I had to remove one on the way home from buying a Vectra years ago. It was that bad the windscreen wouldn't clear with the heat on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I have an E92 coupe coming here this evening that keeps through dtc and tractions control errors. Common issue apparently is the wheel speed sensors throwing false readings making the system confused. I have a Bluetooth obd2 adaptor with a free app called "car scanner". I looked at all the sensor readings it shows on my f31 3 series and it doesn't show individual readings for wheels. Is this a limitation of that app, my scanner or something else?

On the e90 series I watched a video where a guy drives a car with the same fault and could see what each wheel sensor was doing and quickly could identify which one was the issue. Would like to be able to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You'll need something more elaborate than that I reckon. Most of those free apps and very generic scan tools only read from the engine control unit, you'll need something that reads from the ABS/ traction control unit and at that, something that can read live data if you want to see what the sensors are reading with the car in motion.

I'd try another app with the dongle you already have, as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

One friend had abs sign on dash, renault car, universal scanner informed that abs sensor fault, couldnt tell which one. He faund info how to check abs sensors on resistance with multimiter. He gained access to all sensors, after check turned out, both rear abs sensors were faulty, after replacing, abs sign gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

One friend had abs sign on dash, renault car, universal scanner informed that abs sensor fault, couldnt tell which one. He faund info how to check abs sensors on resistance with multimiter. He gained access to all sensors, after check turned out, both rear abs sensors were faulty, after replacing, abs sign gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Transfered the nearly new lidl mats and bosch wipers into the bangernomics avensis from the focus. Big improvement from the horrible rubber mats and worn out wipers. Free upgrades :D

1udNguZ.jpgL

Going to have a look at the filters this weekend. Might even give it a good wash! Its cleanish but a fair bit of algae here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

D7nHpQYl.jpg

Had planned on clearing out the leaves but it needed a scrub.
    ziUHr40l.jpg

Eyeballed the clutch slave bleed screw and the nut to adjust the throttle cable. The clutch is a bit hard so im hoping a bleed will help matters :confused:. Throttle cable has a bit of slack.

FeD1vs9l.jpg

• Advertisement

You might throw those pics in the detailing thread. Great work :)

Advertisement