Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Seen this TRD instrument cluster on donedeal. wasn't cheap but was considerably cheaper than what they usually go for. pretty happy with it, cant wait to fit it!

2yv6q6b.jpg
    r0r33q.jpg
    a2b577.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Seen this TRD instrument cluster on donedeal. wasn't cheap but was considerably cheaper than what they usually go for. pretty happy with it, cant wait to fit it!

2yv6q6b.jpg
    r0r33q.jpg
    a2b577.jpg

very tasty with the OE carbon:cool:

for a glanza v?

davycc wrote: »
    very tasty with the OE carbon:cool:

for a glanza v?

correct, glanza v :) all i need now is the rest of the carbon dash parts to match it :pac: been buying extras like there's no tomorrow lately, don't want to post about them too much until i have photos!

would love to know how much the gauge surround was in the options book at the time

2nvxlpc.jpg

Interslice wrote: »
    Lovely BM that. Is it an M3?

looks like a 4cyl id guess from the tiny part of engine bay visible;)

correct, glanza v :) all i need now is the rest of the carbon dash parts to match it :pac: been buying extras like there's no tomorrow lately, don't want to post about them too much until i have photos!

would love to know how much the gauge surround was in the options book at the time

2nvxlpc.jpg

yea probably only 1million yen back in the day:D

I was looking at a few 190 Celicas & Trueno/Levins before I bought my SiR & a couple had the TRD clocks too..very rare & classy bits of kit. Id love some tasty bits for my yoke but need to get the regular services done 1st before any real goodies sadly

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    yea probably only 1million yen back in the day:D

I was looking at a few 190 Celicas & Trueno/Levins before I bought my SiR & a couple had the TRD clocks too..very rare & classy bits of kit. Id love some tasty bits for my yoke but need to get the regular services done 1st before any real goodies sadly

those 190 celicas are lovely. very nearly sold the car for one.

good to hear you have your priorities right unlike so many lads with jap cars. get it serviced then "accessories" it. too many optional extra mobiles going around that are heaps of dung.

i have that car nearly two years now and have replaced all tyres/ brakes/ fluids/ suspension and of course kept on top of the serviceable and i'm only now getting around to buying treats for it.

SiR is a cool car, definitely on my must own list. any photos of it?

those 190 celicas are lovely. very nearly sold the car for one.

good to hear you have your priorities right unlike so many lads with jap cars. get it serviced then "accessories" it. too many optional extra mobiles going around that are heaps of dung.

i have that car nearly two years now and have replaced all tyres/ brakes/ fluids/ suspension and of course kept on top of the serviceable and i'm only now getting around to buying treats for it.

SiR is a cool car, definitely on my must own list. any photos of it?

Yea I learnt the hard way as that used to be priority back in the day.
    I want to keep the civic for a few years as its the largest tax Im willing to pay in the current climate of poverty.

I have a couple of pics from the donedeal ad & I havnt even washed it since buying it .

I am removing the rear tow hook as soon as it stops raining.
    had an induction kit but replaced with EK9 airbox from adverts;)
    lowered 50mm & some nice unknown brand Lightweight 15in rims.
    super quiet 4inch backbox on otherwise standard exhaust (incl cat):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Cool TRD clocks Tfb :cool: I won't ask what you payed for them :P

I know I've said it to you a thousand times but make sure you keep all the stock parts so it can be reverted if you want! :o

that looks pretty cool, silver bonnet and splitter and you'd be really winning. cant see the reg but it looks pretty early, 96 or 97? probably get a few quid for the tow hook on donedeal i'd say... how are the back arches for rust? is that a b16a2 then?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Cool TRD clocks Tfb :cool: I won't ask what you payed for them :P

I know I've said it to you a thousand times but make sure you keep all the stock parts so it can be reverted if you want! :o

i will tell you honestly as i cringe to type it, paid €70 for them, having "buyers remorse" as you would put it. but to be fair there's 2 pairs for sale on TOC, one for €120 and the other for €140.

i'm hesitant to even put them in because i don't want my glanza to be a frankensteins monster of "extras" from a hundred different glanzas in scrapyards like all the others. that's what differentiates mine. original parts will be kept. ideally i need a second glanza to ruin.

• Advertisement

that looks pretty cool, silver bonnet and splitter and you'd be really winning. cant see the reg but it looks pretty early, 96 or 97? probably get a few quid for the tow hook on donedeal i'd say... how are the back arches for rust? is that a b16a2 then?

ah thanks has a few scuffs which i hate but its gonna get plenty more with my spacial awareness (or lack of:D)

bonnet is kinda fiberglass with a carbon coat. pretty light;)

the grill however is horrible fake plastic "carbon fibre effect:o"

its on the list to be replaced too after mechanicals sorted:cool:

she is a 98,last of the pre facelift models. b16a for jdm & b16a2 for euro/uk specs-

no rusty arches so far ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

i will tell you honestly as i cringe to type it, paid €70 for them, having "buyers remorse" as you would put it. but to be fair there's 2 pairs for sale on TOC, one for €120 and the other for €140.

i'm hesitant to even put them in because i don't want my glanza to be a frankensteins monster of "extras" from a hundred different glanzas in scrapyards like all the others. that's what differentiates mine. original parts will be kept. ideally i need a second glanza to ruin.

€70 is a properly good deal for them! You should probably throw all the extras you want at it and keep the originals. Then if you get tired of some things you can swap them back and either store the extras or sell them on. You'd probably get what you paid back on most things if they're still in good nick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

That sounds like a good price for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Kept it simple today and just changed my radio. Bought a nice deckless unit in Aldi on Thursday for €50. Bluetooth, USB, Aux In and an SD Card slot to boot. Pretty good value.

IMG_20131020_153540.jpg?t=1382281609

looks well :) corolla: :P

Yep. 98 E11. Have it only a year. Bit of a Toyota Fan Boy myself TBH. :D

sure if we're talking cars :)

some other **** i've bought recently. i have just been hoarding these bits along with the trd instruments. i havn't cleaned or spruced anything up yet... and half the stuff will end up re-sold and never fitted when i realise i hate them... i'm just a magpie when i see cheap stuff.

OEM rear strut brace with the plastic strut tower covers
    le1a.jpg
    ot4h.jpg

Original jap Toyota fitted mats to match my rears so i now have the full 5 piece set
    u34r.jpg
    72ig.jpg
    xbyi.jpg

polished c pillar brace
    9eya.jpg

APexi EL boost gauge with stand. (i question if it's a rep, i'd love to know how to tell)
    zscu.jpg

And an original Toyota key fob so i can programme my central locking to it and hopefully aftermarket alarm comes on with it then too.
    kt9p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Nothing major, just a good detailed and lengthy (not to mention well overdue) interior clean.

Oh and of course an Italian tuneup out through a few small roads off of the n11 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Kept it simple today and just changed my radio. Bought a nice deckless unit in Aldi on Thursday for €50. Bluetooth, USB, Aux In and an SD Card slot to boot. Pretty good value.

IMG_20131020_153540.jpg?t=1382281609

Wouldn't throw out that Sony stereo just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Always handy to keep for when you sell the car.

Definitely won't. Have a few units by now. Actually have that Sony's predecessor as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm overdue one of these posts....

Finally I got a small window where it wasn't pissing. Out I went...
    Image10551.jpg

If only the engine was this way as standard :(
    Image10561.jpg

Bit of bodgery with the pipework? Looks like this filter will be fun to take out...!
    Image10571.jpg

But what else have I been up to? :)
    Image1058.jpg
    Image1059.jpg

A candidate for a damn good porting and NAD cam ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

It's out!:)

Anyone want a a v6 wine rack coffee table?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Dibs :)

This won't be any kind of coffee table, it's going back into use in another yoke :)

Maybe a coffee table with the V8 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

dgt wrote: »
    This won't be any kind of coffee table, it's going back into use in another yoke :)

I was on about the other busso! :pac:

Scortho wrote: »
    I was on about the other busso! :pac:

Derp :pac:

If you want I can take that engine out with the tractor/535/406 and stick the vid on youtube :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

dgt wrote: »

Is that the 535i?

If so... Nooooooooooooo!

Is that the 535i?

If so... Nooooooooooooo!

Goodness no, not the 535i!

This pig that no one wants :(
    Image245.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Is that the Merc engine?

• Advertisement