Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

I will experiment very soon mate :) Will probably see you over the next few days, i'll try beep back in time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Small but noticeable jobs done today:
    • Got the alarm working properly.
    • Silver front indicator bulbs that flash amber.
    • Interior and boot LED's. Can't really see the difference in the photo but it's like night and day compared to the standard bulbs.

usKWDCrl.jpg
    hvzTLiah.jpg

OEM Rear LED's from an M3 going in tomorrow, hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Got 2 new tires for the van. 140 each for goodyears. Put the slightly over half worn goodyears on the back. So decent tires all round for winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

purchased a refreshers air freshener from dealz today. Not great can hardly smell the fragrance 20 mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

purchased a refreshers air freshener from dealz today. Not great can hardly smell the fragrance 20 mins later.

Probably not a bad thing!
    They have skittles ones too

• Advertisement

Put Aldi flat blade wipers on the mothers i30, straight on, no fuss!
    1/3 of the regular price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Put Aldi flat blade wipers on the mothers i30, straight on, no fuss!
    1/3 of the regular price

Put the same on the Corolla as well. 2 weeks on now. Great set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Put the lidl ones on in the summer. Dangerously bad.

Interslice wrote: »
    Put the lidl ones on in the summer. Dangerously bad.

Flat blades or good old fashioned blades?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Flat blades or good old fashioned blades?

I thought I was getting flat ones, but when I got home they were good old fashioned ones with a clip on spoiler for the drivers side only. I tried the spoiler clipped on both ways. I'll give them a go without the spoiler next and see. They'll be for the bin if that doesn't work. Maybe the gable end aerodynamics of the van don't suit the spoiler :confused:

• Advertisement

I find flat ones dont make a noise when changing direction, the old types always flex and make noise. Put tesco flat blades on my old avensis and found them good too. About €15

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Changed the wiper blades to Bosch Aeros and ordered LEDs for the interior after seeing some of the results in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

With my non existing key reception of late I have been doing a bit of looking about and read about the amplifier for identifying the signal getting damp over the back window.
    So last night I went digging and found the following chap hidden up here, sadly no dampness to be found and it had to be put back together :o

279363.jpg

The hinge in the boot is sometimes at fault where it nips the loom coming down the c-pillar but I checked this also and it's fine.
    So I'm ordering a key today as it's the only other explanation!
    I was told to expect €200+ :o

279364.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Changed the thermostat on the clio today & flushed the coolant,
    car heats up far better now, old thermostat was past its best to say the least. :pac:

Dgt will love this :P

n7KCcp2.jpg

No harm in the flush. Did the water come out very rusty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Jayyyypers! :eek::eek::eek:

dgt wrote: »
    Jayyyypers! :eek::eek::eek:

Any tips for track rod inners on a 08 trafic.

One day she'll drive straight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Any tips for track rod inners on a 08 trafic.

One day she'll drive straight :pac:

It popped out?!!

dgt wrote: »
    It popped out?!!

No I changed track rod ends. Thought all was good but got tires last weekend and theres still movement (kind of knew it anyway.) Tire fella sed its the track rod inners moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

corkgsxr wrote: »
    No harm in the flush. Did the water come out very rusty?

No I flushed it when I got with just plain water, thought I better put some antifreeze in for the winter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Summer tyres out.

Winter tyres on.

Both sets on their own rims, so easy job. :]

There will be no photos. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Was removing alarm system from vw passat. a bit messy alright, with remote start module, and few others bits.

nsm5.jpg

Somebody left immobilizer at the ignition for remote start. so if thief would know what alarm in it, to drive away this car, would be just matter of joining few wires, not the smartest idea, i think there must be integrated module in factory security system for remote start, but in this car , alarm was nearly useless.
    Any one who has remote car start should insist to have a module, keep immobilizer in car is a big NO NO .

6u8t.jpg

that pig is out

v4cx.jpg

looks a bit cleaner, before all plastics come back.

sdzd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Any chance you'd sell some of those alarm bits?
    A mate of mine is looking for a remote start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

CianRyan wrote: »
    Any chance you'd sell some of those alarm bits?
    A mate of mine is looking for a remote start.

I dont have remote for that, if he able code new remote, ( actually myself planing have a look in to this later on) pm your offer. I do stil have one alarm remote with 4 buttons, not sure there is start button, alarm is clifford concept 400 with remote intelstart 4 me thinks.

Edit: i think there no need remote on that, just alarm system need to be capable do that, i could give other bits remote and sensor . Not really need that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Havent washed mine in over two weeks... its filthy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Havent washed mine since september :pac:

I've no time! I leave for college in the dark, I come home in the dark, And weekends are taken up with working on projects :o

Sad times!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Pffftt....

Just washed it there in the pissing rain. The hose isnt working so I had to use a watering can. And the neighbour saw me...

hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Pffftt....

Just washed it there in the pissing rain. The hose isnt working so I had to use a watering can. And the neighbour saw me...

hmm

Tell them you need a bigger car so and you want to save money so you're watering your car to make it grow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I hadn't washed mine in 2 weeks, and it was a bloody state! Just washed it now, a quick wash. The state of the bucket of water was ridiculous. Had to use two buckets. She'll be clean for about a week...at best:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I hadn't washed mine in 2 weeks, and it was a bloody state! Just washed it now, a quick wash. The state of the bucket of water was ridiculous. Had to use two buckets. She'll be clean for about a week...at best:(

And??? :pac:

Today I got the cerium oxide and rayon pad at all the glass again, mainly to remove the old Gtechniq G1 but also to remove more scratches in the windscreen. Then I applied 4 coats of G1 to the windscreen and 2 coats to the rest of the glass. I didn't have to do it but I said I would while I had the chance.

It started pissing rain 5 minutes after I finished removing the residue! Close call!

Also used the DAS6 Power+ for the first time and I love it. Even though it's a higher torque motor, there's a LOT less vibration coming through your arms compared to the DAS6.

Advertisement