Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    It is a crack not just a chip, can cracks be repaired that way?

I'm not sure if it shares the screen with a different model but knowing toyota it probably does :p

yeah cracked glass can be repaired.
    Like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Decided to have a go at trying some spacers on the rear and already had 15mm, 12mm and 5mm to hand. Undone the wheel nuts only to find the wheels stuck to the hubs, a quick bang with a length of wood (no sniggering) and found the lips on the wheel hub to be fairly shoddy. Wire brushed the worst of the **** off them, sanded them clean and applied some copper grease to prevent it happening in future. Tried the 12mm spacers first and the result was comical, was raining so didn't take a picture but I would definitely have won the super BMW hellaflush championship. Took them off and tried the 5mm ones which were pretty much perfect fitment but the RHS rear was rubbing ever so slightly under compression. Although the car is low and the offsets are fairly aggressive, I'm not into rubbing or any sort of detrimental effects on the car's performance so off they came as well.

So I basically worked outside in the rain for a few hours, only to have the car exactly as it was before I started. The joys of it all.

Are u selling any of those e90 spacers by chance paddy!?.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    So I basically worked outside in the rain for a few hours, only to have the car exactly as it was before I started. The joys of it all.

On the plus side, your car still looks awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Ahhhhhh spent 230 euro on a maf sensor just to rule it out. May have mildly helped but its not fixed.

Saying that Renault wanted 300 euro, Nissan 260, opel was 230 and funny thing was it was in a Renault box. All for the same part

So all that's left is track rod inners (to be done soon), decat (over xmas), injector (donno when ill prob cry when I get the bill (need to be programmed can do it myself))

One day I'll be done.

Also I think it's time to block sections of the radiator. Short trips in low temps isnt helping mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

She's just had her latest 8.3 litres :)
    This came from the link on eBay, thanks very much boys cheap oil servicing from now on :)
    280240.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

8.3 litres?:eek:

What oil is that? Does it meet the bmw requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Replaced the fuel regulator switch on the back of the high pressure pump... Again... Peugeot 307 HDI. :(

BillJ wrote: »
    What oil is that? Does it meet the bmw requirements?

Yep it's GM oil and it meets my BMW LL04 rating, getting ten litres in from England for €53!! Really good stuff too I done my reaserch!
    Genuine_GM_DEXOS_2_HIGH_QUALITY_OIL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

That does seem like great value!

€5 a litre delivered, the best before that I was getting was €70 in halfords on trade.

For the likes of castrol, which is overrated stuff and not worthy of the name it has I would have been paying €110 a service for oil!
    For me thats every 7,000 or 2 months or so.
    So I need the cheapest oil I can get that is still top quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Paid like 70 quid for ten litres if Mobil one new life 0-40w when I did mine in may my yoke only managed to guzzle seven litres mind

Mobil1 make fantastic oil, You can actually feel it in the car I find. With the Bmw anyway!

YbFocus wrote: »
    €5 a litre delivered, the best before that I was getting was €70 in halfords on trade.

For the likes of castrol, which is overrated stuff and not worthy of the name it has I would have been paying €110 a service for oil!

I find castrol to be mighty oil

Use it in everything.

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I find castrol to be mighty oil

Use it in everything.

I used to think that, but I started using Liqui Moly and it was better, then used mobil1 and that blew me away. Cleared up the smoke the 530 had, it felt smoother and it wasn't instantly black in the engine like the castrol goes.

The Dexos 2 stuff I got today now is new to me, I'll have to see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That's a good price - where do you get it? I got a litre of that to have in the boot if I needed it and it was €22:eek:

That's a good price - where do you get it? I got a litre of that to have in the boot if I needed it and it was €22:eek:

I'm buying it in two 5 litre containers, €53 altogether with postage to NI (using parcel motel).

The following is the link..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200940432693?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Mobil1 make fantastic oil, You can actually feel it in the car I find. With the Bmw anyway!

When I first got my focus I serviced it with castrol. But the last service I used Mobil with the ford spec and i think it's made a big difference car seems to run better on it and is doing a good 3 mpg more . Oil does make a huge difference.

Bpmull wrote: »
    When I first got my focus I serviced it with castrol. But the last service I used Mobil with the ford spec and i think it's made a big difference car seems to run better on it and is doing a good 3 mpg more . Oil does make a huge difference.

Yep, when I started out I used nothing except castrol and didn't know any different. Once I used a few others I could see and feel the difference, I havent seen better than Mobil1 it's great stuff!

More progress made. Since I had so many bulbs missing I went mad with osram. Whole lot changed.

trafic2010frontmedium.jpg

Not my van in the picture but useful to see the grill sections. what I done was blocked the lower big section of grill with a section of perspex painted matt black. That leaves the 2" middle section for cooling the radiator.

Top section is just the intercooler.

Tryed it today. Seems to work. It stays warmer while im doing jobs and heats quickly when going. And in city slow driving it doesnt heat up too much either. Im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

BMW e39 custom orange led fitted...

DSC_1668.JPG
    DSC_1669.JPG
    DSC_1670.JPG
    DSC_1671.JPG
    DSC_1674.JPG
    DSC_1675.JPG
    DSC_1676.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Expensive pieces of paper; 12 months tax and 13 months NCT.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Took down the sump on the Corolla, Was driving yesterday and the oil pressure light flickered on every so often, also threw up an engine management light, as it was due a service I went and changed the oil and the filter, sorted the pressure light but the mgmt light was bugging me so I got a mate to plug it in,came back with a camshaft sensor fault, as it only came on when the pressure light came on i assumed there was an oil starvation problem. When I took down the sump, the gauze on the pick up was 90% blocked with carbon and the bottom of the sump was full of crap, was a very close call,buying a second gallon of oil was the only pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Sorry it is me again with my leds...but you got to love those leds...

DSC_1680.JPG
    DSC_1681.JPG
    DSC_1688.JPG
    DSC_1689.JPG
    DSC_1691.JPG
    DSC_1695.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

bmstuff wrote: »
    Sorry it is me again with my leds...but you got to love those leds...

Speaking of which....

N8yqeLVl.jpg
    elcXoK3l.jpg

uXRyGkPl.jpg

Been meaning to do this for an age. Bought spurious lights and they turned out to be sh!te so waited out for OEM. A guy turning his crashed M3 into a Saloon sold me his for a great price so in they go.

Just need to get the LCM re-flashed to get rid of dash errors, fit the boot lights and I think I'm done with retrofits to this car. Maybe some more coding trickery.

Might be in touch BMstuff. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Changed the boot light to an LED. Much better

34ni8fl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Been a while since i frequented here :pac:

I got my tracking done and headlights realigned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Washed my car.

Washed my woman's car as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Found out today while getting the timing belt done that my engine had a near death experience, basically at some stage one of the screws or bolts that holds in the cogs and pullys in the timing area came loose, dropped down hit a cog and shot out straight through the plastic casing that covers the whole thing.. dodged a massive bomb there.. would have been looking at a whole new engine had it hit the belt or got lodged in a tooth etc.. palpatations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Installed footwell lights to my car today.
    about 90 minutes all in to wire / fit / and code.

Hope I get longer out of this set than the last ones :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

vectra wrote: »
    Installed footwell lights to my car today.
    about 90 minutes all in to wire / fit / and code.

Hope I get longer out of this set than the last ones :D

Pics? Easy to wire up?

Advertisement