Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I do it all by hand still. Starting another engine build and again will be all done by hand. I have my technique down though :-P

What's this, another blown b series? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Fair man for the hand jobs alright

:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Changed interior lights on my golf to LEDs. Difference is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Today I lost my timing belt virginity!

Changed the belt, water pump, and tentioner on my sisters Punto. Also did a coolant flush. Took me about 5 hours though :o. Dgt could probably do it in about 45 minutes :p

Also discovered that there was barely a mark of oil on the dipstick :rolleyes:.Toped it up and will probably change it next weekend along with a throttle body clean. Should probably change the gear oil too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I did nothing, but i also did nothing but sit around watching telly when i could have been spending money.

My dastardly plan is coming together nicely :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

CianRyan wrote: »
    What's this, another blown b series? :pac:

A winter project. My race engine is tip top :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

Upgraded door speakers
    Painted my brake calipers
    Washed, compounded and polished and waxed

All in all a very productive day. Just waiting on my new alloys to be delivered to give it the final touch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Past my NCT.
    TWO MORE YEARS, TWO MORE YEARS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Did that the other night, hardwired safety camera with GPS, nice and clean e90, fair play to the owner

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i am really wanting a dash cam! cool job.

• Advertisement

BMW E63 Logic7 retrofit in progress...will be finished tomorrow

1.JPG

2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG
    10.JPG
    11.JPG
    12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

went through head wrecking work. vw passat , b5 , 2001, 1.9 tdi , had no heating inside, all coolant was pushed out from system, very similar to head gasket failure, or to failed water pump but not all symptoms in present.

There was diesel in coolant , which was due faulty diesel heating sandwich on top of diesel filter, all rubber seals gone, will have to replace them all in cooling system.

So the real problem with cooling system was thermostat, which fell apart caused by diesel in coolant ... and previous owner was driving for good while.

obs0.jpg

wonder , where to get o rings for cooling system. local motorfactors didnt had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Mar4ix wrote: »
    wonder , where to get o rings for cooling system. local motorfactors didnt had them.

I got o-rings from the main dealer before. Was about 5 euro for 2 though.

You on vagcat? handy site. The other option is to check the size on there and buy a full set that contains those sizes.

Can be tricky to register so here's the pic.

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/PA/2001/226/49/2837423/

121410.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Interslice wrote: »
    I got o-rings from the main dealer before. Was about 5 euro for 2 though.

You on vagcat? handy site. The other option is to check the size on there and buy a full set that contains those sizes.

Can be tricky to register so here's the pic.

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/PA/2001/226/49/2837423/

121410.png

Thanks for picture. Very handy. Got registered in that forum. No hassle at all. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Schmoked up the carina by turning up the fuel pump (well DGT did while I watched with interest :D)

Oh, and added a few new badges to the carinalfamw!
    564042_10152044608594528_227210919_n.jpg

1480662_10152044609409528_1010041379_n.jpg

Lets not forget the promotional pic :pac:
    IMG_0285.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gave the car a wash, detar and a light clay then spent most of the day applying 2 coats of Gtechniq EXO. Worked in the dark for 2 hours of it with a halogen lamp. The roof and bonnet have yet to be done. It's looking slick though :D

Finished product...and no sound :o
    Turns out the amplifier supplied was faulty, lucky enough we had a spare one that we tried and it worked straight away.

13.JPG
    14.JPG
    15.JPG
    16.JPG
    17.JPG
    18.JPG
    19.JPG
    20.JPG
    21.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

If that oul lad could see his car now. Hahaha
    Haha, or the drips of oil on my drive as it reeeeeaaallly needs a new rocker cover/gasket.

Oh and I practically burnt out the clutch drifting on a private field.

And, with the fuel pump turned up she is a smoke machine, even at idle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

When's she getting straight piped

Scortho wrote: »
    When's she getting straight piped

Ask our resident dr frankenstein of cars, DGT , if he has any more coat hangers around :P

Seriously, I want to keep it in a state that it is easily temporarily modified back to pass the NCT.
    At the moment it is only the fuel pump I need to turn down.
    Next step is to de-cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I didn't do that much job as user above but i did polish my front lights today:
    Before:

xshj.jpg

In progress:

7zlc.jpg

After:

8job.jpg

All:

b59i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Wow well done Marcin! You did all that work and it made fvck all difference :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It did though, look up by the indicator :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It did though, look up by the indicator :-)

JWhxK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

When i'll see you driving during some night i will turn all my lights on to show you the different tongue.png

When i'll see you driving during some night i will turn all my lights on to show you the different tongue.png

Sure you wouldn't see him if you had lights on, the glare off his car :P (dints on the door aside ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I was off today so I decided to take out the EGR valve in the Avensis so I could see how clogged it was. Amazingly it was clean as a whistle with zero build up of soot.

My rear window demister wasn't working so I traced it to a broken wire so that's working a treat now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Checked the fluids, and then hovered and washed the Lady.

11056734364_deb57a92f7_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Standard VTI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Standard VTI?
    Ultra Standard VTi.

With a factory radio and all the jazz that "normally" shouldn't be there from the second owner down.

Advertisement