Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Holy crap!
    Better than I expected and bloody rare at this stage.

Lucky sod. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Seweryn wrote: »
    Ultra Standard VTi.

With a factory radio and all the jazz that "normally" shouldn't be there from the second owner down.

Jesus that's a seriously straight, clean motor and one like that is rarer than a hens tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Truckermal wrote: »
    Jesus that's a seriously straight, clean motor and one like that is rarer than a hens tooth.
    Thanks! Well, it is a standard machine, nothing too exciting, did not expect the nice comments. A couple more shots so :)

Before you ask, the cassette player is working ;).

11057299053_f1dbeaa835_z.jpg

11057297713_c4959bfcfb_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Lovely clean civic, nice to see such a fresh one.

1.5 vti 130bhp 3 stage vtec?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Fair play to you man that's a great thing to see :)

Looks blooming mint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

YbFocus wrote: »

Looks blooming mint!
    Remarkable to see one that doesn't have half of Halfords on it!

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Lovely clean civic, nice to see such a fresh one.

1.5 vti 130bhp 3 stage vtec?
    Yes :).

And the interesting thing is that she does nearly 49mpg on average (and over 50mpg on a long, gentle run).
    YbFocus wrote: »

Looks blooming mint!
    Thank you. I wish she was mint, but there are things to improve. However, I keep the service and maintenance department on top of the list. Cosmetics come second ;). Will replace the CV joint boots by the weekend, and maybe few other bits down there.
    Remarkable to see one that doesn't have half of Halfords on it!
    :D Thanks!

I bought the car almost two years ago when I was looking for a reliable and cheap to run car. Any extra fun factor was a bonus and I think the little Honda is perfect combining all these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ultra Standard VTi.

With a factory radio and all the jazz that "normally" shouldn't be there from the second owner down.

that is an absolute credit to you! have you owned it long?

that is an absolute credit to you! have you owned it long?
    Thank you. It will be two years in early January since the car is in my hands.

Yes :).

And the interesting thing is that she does nearly 49mpg on average (and over 50mpg on a long, gentle run).
    It's hard to believe but you are right they are actually very good on juice. I have a vtec e version myself and that gets near the mpg figures you quoted above.

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's hard to believe but you are right they are actually very good on juice. I have a vtec e version myself and that gets near the mpg figures you quoted above.
    This is basically a VTEC-E engine with the additional 3rd stage that comes to live past 6k rpm, which for me has no use at all, as the engine speed never goes that high. Well, not when I am the owner / driver anyway.

The current total average mpg reading is 48.58, so I was a bit optimistic ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Was bored today so decided to go to Halfords to buy some paint for some trim to test out colours gloss black/matt black to see which gives the best finish.

uaog.jpg

Also bought some more shampoo and a winter kit for a tenner with some really cool stuff in it.

Linky Image won't resize and will break the page.

Then i decided just as it was getting dark to get washing (i have a problem :p)

gfah.jpg

nhqo.jpg

i7tb.jpg

82m0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

xyxw.png

Put the little i30 through NCT. Passed with flying colors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

@Supergurrier
    Lovin' the black alloys, were they on the car at the last meet? I don't remember them, they really add to the look of the car imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I bought a MG ZR over the weekend, and felt the light output was very low. Went off and bought a HID kit, and installed it tonight. Difference is unbelievable. 10 minute job at most and it's ready to go. Highly recommended - Pictures to follow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

@Supergurrier
    Lovin' the black alloys, were they on the car at the last meet? I don't remember them, they really add to the look of the car imo.

Yea they were.

They look like a really really dark grey in daylight though as they are satin black.

Will be continuing the black and blue theme over the coming months with a black rear diffuser some blacked out trim tinted rear windows and possibly an rs rear spoiler (handy for drying clothes on the move) and some bonnet and side vents.

Poor poor debit card

Mister Man wrote: »
    I bought a MG ZR over the weekend, and felt the light output was very low. Went off and bought a HID kit, and installed it tonight. Difference is unbelievable. 10 minute job at most and it's ready to go. Highly recommended - Pictures to follow tomorrow.
    They will dazzle other drivers though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

The car. 535d LCI with paddle shift, Professional iDrive and BT from factory.
    Just lacking some good speakers. Logic7 amplifier getting in soon.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    101.JPG
    102.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG

New tweeter installed

6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG

Sound deadening material is a must really.

10.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Let's secure those wires properly.

11.JPG
    12.JPG
    13.JPG

14.JPG
    15.JPG
    16.JPG
    17.JPG

Last touch, subwoofers with their custom connection going in

18.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Did nothing to my car yet today, but I will.

I'll be back later. ;)

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Alright. I wanted to put these on:

282563.jpg

But, as usual, weather became bad, so finally landed in my shed to do the job I planned long time ago - making of a kind of adapter to put between an axle stand and car itself. Top of axle stand:

282564.jpg

And I wanted to have something on top of it in shape like this:

282565.jpg

Soft plastic, wood, rubber? Decided to go rubber. Found that ice hockey puck would be hard enough, bought four (approx. 1.25 EUR each) last time I was in my home country.

282566.jpg

Unregistered Users

Tools:

File + set of chisels:

282567.jpg

Saw and vice:

282568.jpg

First one done:

282569.jpg

On top of axle stand:

282571.jpg282572.jpg

Second one:

282573.jpg

Now, good old windscreen fitting glue to bond them permanently. More photos later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jou, do you have the other 2 spare? If so I might tzke them off your hands if you don't want them!

Unregistered Users

I used all of them - made 2 sets.

Did you want to play hockey or other use? ;)

I think I saw them pucks in Decathlon recently.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ice-hockey-puck-id_8191020.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

3 hours again, I did get chatting to a neighbour half way through, so he's the reason! Nice and easy, just damn time consuming and I took my time when putting in the new gasket/replacing the valve cover.

Going to leave it sit over night before starting and we'll take it from there. Tired now!

282610.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

No reason to leave it. Should be spot on once you torqued to the correct spec

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Gary ITR wrote: »
    No reason to leave it. Should be spot on once you torqued to the correct spec

Aye she's torqued to the right spec alright. There's some high temp sealant involved though, so I went to let that set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Aye she's torqued to the right spec alright. There's some high temp sealant involved though, so I went to let that set.

Don't mix that up with your KY Jelly, that'd be a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

joujoujou wrote: »
    I used all of them - made 2 sets.

Did you want to play hockey or other use? ;)

I think I saw them pucks in Decathlon recently.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ice-hockey-puck-id_8191020.html

I wanted to use them to put between the jacking blocks and the rubber pad on my jack. I'm always afraid of the jack catching the side skirt so another chunk between the block and jack would be ideal.

Also I might do exactly what you did with the axle stands. Once my car is up, there's not many places to position an axle stand due to plastic undertrays all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

20131130_154127.jpg

Took out the DA today. Shines up well

Advertisement