Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

THis all reminded me to book my own NCT. I'll be in Arklow at 3.30pm on the 3rd of January :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Seweryn wrote: »
    Thanks. I wish she was mint, but you know how it is with old cars, they are never perfect. Still like her the way she is ;).

I should have mentioned that I have recently replaced the CV joint rubber boots and the front stabiliser bar drop links, just in case, as they were worn. The rubber boots protect the CV joints (which are still in great nick), so well worth changing them keeping them that way.

Well if it's not mint it's damn easily the cleanest civic of that era that I know of! A real breath of fresh air as they say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

The part collection continues. (For the Christmas fitout)

Brakes are poor in the trafic so I ordered brembo pads and discs. Should help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

corkgsxr wrote: »
    The part collection continues. (For the Christmas fitout)

Brakes are poor in the trafic so I ordered brembo pads and discs. Should help

Same as me! :D

:eek:
    Same as me! :D

For a trafic?

Iv to do the track rod inners but steering wobble under braking gets worse the hotter they get so there probably warped. And at least I can say iv made every effort to improve them

• Advertisement

:eek:

For a trafic?

Iv to do the track rod inners but steering wobble under braking gets worse the hotter they get so there probably warped. And at least I can say iv made every effort to improve them

No for an astra! I'm in the same boat, my brakes are cac, so im making sure they work, getting drilled and grooved discs and mintex pads for the front converting the back to discs and getting them brembo'd all round

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

No for an astra! I'm in the same boat, my brakes are cac, so im making sure they work, getting drilled and grooved discs and mintex pads for the front converting the back to discs and getting them brembo'd all round

OverKILL !

OverKILL !

Not at all! overkill to me would be drilled grooved and vented disks with 8 pot calipers, copper brake lines and so on! I'm incredibly tired so my brake ling might not be accurate :P

astra888.jpg

Pickles now has a job so he's mad to fire money around :D

YbFocus wrote: »
    astra888.jpg

That's it! :D it's something i've had a long time to plan so I'm not just saying it and then nothing happening I've also a few other little bits lined up too ;)

• Advertisement

That's it! :D it's something i've had a long time to plan so I'm not just saying it and then nothing happening I've also a few other little bits lined up too ;)

You need a wing like the above one :)

You need a wing like the above one :)

But then i need the bodykit :pac: it wouldn't look right otherwise :P

Why mintex pads.

If your going brembo discs then go for brembo or ebc pads.

Mintex are better than most cack but there not premium and the price difference is feck all

Why mintex pads.

If your going brembo discs then go for brembo or ebc pads.

Mintex are better than most cack but there not premium and the price difference is feck all

Well i'll see sure, it's essentially an open basket of sorts haha i've a list of about 10 things so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

astra888.jpg

I've one of those in RC guise here :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I went checking out some prices for tyres yesterday..

- Can get 245/40/18s for €90 with a Cat C rating? I asked about grip in the wet.
    Was told that 225's would likely be "stretched" on the alloy? This was over the phone.

- Got another price of €130 for Toyo (I think it was) tyres in 225/40/18 .. no mention of stretching there

Also think I need a battery as she's taking a bit longer to turn over lately and leaving her without the engine running prompts a "low battery" warning after about 10 mins. Quoted €185 for that which seems expensive? (2005 V6 3.0 TDI A6)

Any thoughts?

dgt wrote: »
    I've one of those in RC guise here :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek: How have you not shown me this!??!

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    So I went checking out some prices for tyres yesterday..

- Can get 245/40/18s for €90 with a Cat C rating? I asked about grip in the wet.
    Was told that 225's would likely be "stretched" on the alloy? This was over the phone.

- Got another price of €130 for Toyo (I think it was) tyres in 225/40/18 .. no mention of stretching there

Also think I need a battery as she's taking a bit longer to turn over lately and leaving her without the engine running prompts a "low battery" warning after about 10 mins. Quoted €185 for that which seems expensive? (2005 V6 3.0 TDI A6)

Any thoughts?

What rating is the battery on it in AH etc, also just buy your tyres from camskill, cheaper and you will get a better tyre for same money

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What rating is the battery on it in AH etc, also just buy your tyres from camskill, cheaper and you will get a better tyre for same money

Err.. I'll have to check the rating in the morning but will post back with it!

Problem with online tyres is finding somewhere to fit them (South Dublin) and I'd have no real way to store/transport them (living in an apartment)

Fair enough just make sure they have the rubber bits on the table they fit the tyres with so some young lads doesn't ruin your wheels.

I paid 70 quid recently for a battery for my car and it's massive so im sure it would be a rating that would suit yours i will get you the name and ampage tomorrow morning as i will be up and about early.

Old one was 60ah 590a 100 rc, one one is abit bigger i think, Bosch silver from halfords of same size was i think 130e but didn't see the point in paying double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Upgraded the interior lighting in the Accord to white LED, think it gives the car a nicer look.

nvr78m.jpg
    A bit nicer compared to the yellowish effect of the halogen

11abkbb.jpg
    Numberplate looks better and it improves the whole look of the back of the car IMO

16a2nfs.jpg
    The pic came out a bit dark but its definitely brighter in the car now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

1459115_10151897419117858_347809439_n_zps2d700611.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

That Astra is bang on, not a big fan of them usually but fair play :D

Cleaned inside out and got the fuel injector cleaner into it, vroom vroommmmm cannot wait for the new exhaust after Christmas bit more responsive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

At long last, a bit of free time to myself. What better way to spend it but in the garage :)

Decided the ports needed cleaning
    Image1100.jpg

Found a blob of casting not supposed to be there. Silvery bit in the photo. I also ground down the castings, nice and smooth
    Image1101.jpg

Feck off I know I need a new cameraphone :o

Smoothed down the ports with p240, p400 and p800. I know it's not essential but it's therapeutic :) Middle inlets, halfway. Need to feel rather than see
    Image1102.jpg

Valves are going in
    Image1099.jpg

Soon..... ;)
    Image1103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

soon i will see her back on the road, booooooooooooooooing through the streets :p

rizzee wrote: »
    soon i will see her back on the road, booooooooooooooooing through the streets :p

Perhaps ;)

Yay today mister postman brought me my Recirc valve :) Almost spent 200 quid on a Forge one last week, now i have more money for sweets and pigs in blankets :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-MK2-FOCUS-RS-MK2-RECIRCULATING-DUMP-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-BOV-NEW-/190998536557?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c7866616d

$T2eC16V,!y0FI,Y,InTpBSQKQgOt0w~~60_12.JPG

Gave herselfs hyundai coupe a good lookover (she wont) then took it for a hoon. And I have to say a amazing handling car. You can go round corners so fast it'd make ya nervous and no hint its running out of grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Steamed the car seats today. Amazing the difference.

Changed the battery in d'mothers car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gave herselfs hyundai coupe a good lookover (she wont) then took it for a hoon. And I have to say a amazing handling car. You can go round corners so fast it'd make ya nervous and no hint its running out of grip.

Its a pity they didn't do a high revving VTEC/MIVEC style engine in those. They're actually a really good looking car but everyone knows that even the 2.7 is dog slow but if the engines were decent they'd be really sought after.

Advertisement