Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

corkgsxr wrote: »
    What issues are ya having
    It's my dads car, he had it done a few weeks ago and since then he's been getting less mileage. On top of that the manifold blew to pieces tonight, just checked the intake valves a while ago and they are rightly built up with carbon, I thought the terraclean was suppose to clean this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It's my dads car, he had it done a few weeks ago and since then he's been getting less mileage. On top of that the manifold blew to pieces tonight, just checked the intake valves a while ago and they are rightly built up with carbon, I thought the terraclean was suppose to clean this?

I thought that was the whole idea as well? :confused:

I thought that was the whole idea as well? :confused:
    So did I, just after finding out the fuel pump is gone too, certainly putting me off the Terraclean now I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

2.0 non-turbo t-bar, 1997, petrol blue, black leather interior.
    Don't suppose you had it on the M7/M8 on Friday evening? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So did I, just after finding out the fuel pump is gone too, certainly putting me off the Terraclean now I can tell you.

what car is it ?

it could be very possible that the terraclean dislodged some sort of contaminant or perished the membrane in an old fuel filter (not the main one, but the gauze on the entrance to the injector rail pump). Was all the servicing done on the button and the fuel filter changed at its required intervals ?

• Advertisement

what car is it ?

it could be very possible that the terraclean dislodged some sort of contaminant or perished the membrane in an old fuel filter (not the main one, but the gauze on the entrance to the injector rail pump). Was all the servicing done on the button and the fuel filter changed at its required intervals ?
    07 Ford Focus 1.4 petrol, service and filter wise was all done round the same time, car has always been serviced when due if not before it

Top Dog wrote: »
    Don't suppose you had it on the M7/M8 on Friday evening? :D

errrrrr......maybeeee :D:o:D:o Why........?/? I had to erm, test it..make sure like..

07 Ford Focus 1.4 petrol, service and filter wise was all done round the same time, car has always been serviced when due if not before it

Why would the manifold blow though? I don't get that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

errrrrr......maybeeee :D:o:D:o Why........?/? I had to erm, test it..make sure like..
    Because you overtook me and I thought the colour made a very welcome change from the usual reds/blacks :cool:

Nothing sinister - just stood out in a nice way :)

Top Dog wrote: »
    Because you overtook me and I thought the colour made a very welcome change from the usual reds/blacks :cool:

Nothing sinister - just stood out in a nice way :)

whew, sorry, err, yep, I like the colour, it makes a change from the white/black as well which dates the cars badly. I think the solid colour looks nicer. There's a small crease in the drivers wing though that's through the paint in one small spot which is bugging me - I'll get a job done on that asap. It really drags the car down. The T bar seals are all new though and its leak free, which is rare in itself and the engine is bone dry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Somebody's else car, VW Passat CC PHD speakers upgrade (We did the Mosconi 120.4 DSP 2 months ago).

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    21.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    81.JPG
    9.JPG
    10.JPG
    11.JPG

12.JPG
    13.JPG

14.JPG
    15.JPG
    16.JPG
    17.JPG
    18.JPG
    19.JPG
    20.JPG

M3 GPS tracker

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

OSI wrote: »
    Not sure I'd be too happy at you putting up pics of where you installed a GPS tracker in my car to be honest.

My thoughts exactly.

Not sure I'd be too happy at you putting up pics of where you installed a GPS tracker in my car to be honest.

I posted pictures of a e46 trunk ;)
    Can't be more anonymous than that
    Me and the owner know better

There's enough in the pic that within 5 minutes I found the owner, reg and a rough location.

From a trunk picture you can tell the rough location of the car.
    You are more than brilliant

No, but I can pick out several identifying marks that on such a car make it very identifiable. From there it's not much work to find the car, it's reg and eventually where it is.

Sure ok ;)

Fair enough, I'll just pop the dude a mail and see if he's happy enough.

That was obviously agreed in advance what do you think? Seriously...

If you know the owner, let's not make a fool of yourself by threatening to post his location and reg shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK I'm no detective but based on just the pics I'd say the work was done in a certain southside shopping centre? That doesn't tell me that that's where the car lives.

I can't see anything else in the pics that would personally identify the car myself? Certainly not when all the trim is replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Engine light came on the Punto a few days ago, whenever I start it in the mornings the revs sit just above '10 , I'd drive along like normal, then when slowing down for traffic lights or something for example, the revs would slowly drop and itll just cut out? :S Happens once or twice, then its perfectly fine for the rest of the day except for the engine light being on. Any ideas? Coil packs?? It's booked in for the garage first thing tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

rizzee wrote: »
    Engine light came on the Punto a few days ago, whenever I start it in the mornings the revs sit just above '10 , I'd drive along like normal, then when slowing down for traffic lights or something for example, the revs would slowly drop and itll just cut out? :S Happens once or twice, then its perfectly fine for the rest of the day except for the engine light being on. Any ideas? Coil packs?? It's booked in for the garage first thing tomorrow.

Yep, sounds like coils. Have the engine running and disconnect each coil. If you notice a change in the engine's running, that coil is fine. If nothing happens then that coil is a bad 'un ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Yep, sounds like coils. Have the engine running and disconnect each coil. If you notice a change in the engine's running, that coil is fine. If nothing happens then that coil is a bad 'un ;)

Thanks :) Nothing serious anyway, I'm just gonna park it up today and give it to the mechanic tomorrow. Useless with that kind of stuff :pac:

He has resized one of them. You could initially see a dealer sticker and the trim colour in the pics that made it a very unique car. Easy enough to track it down to an owner after that.

Sure so did the owner replied to your mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I like the work you do bmstuff, I always like seeing pics of audio installs, but even without identifying marks, theres only so many silver e46 m3's in the country , wouldnt have uploaded any pics of the install at all,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Today I tried and failed to do an oil change...ugh...

First problem, front of the car was too low to get the jack underneath. Had to raise rear of car, pop in a jack stand, then proceed to get the rest of the jack stands under the front.

Then realised that the car was still too low to work under when jack stands were already at their highest. Couldn't get enough torque on the oil sump bolt to remove it.

Then I get cold and gave up. Ugh......................:mad::o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I don't miss working on low cars... :p

I opened the bonnet in the van today for the first time, (Top up screenwash).

Coolant was below minimum and the oil is on minimum. (12500kms)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

First problem, front of the car was too low to get the jack underneath. Had to raise rear of car, pop in a jack stand, then proceed to get the rest of the jack stands under the front.

Then realised that the car was still too low to work under when jack stands were already at their highest. Couldn't get enough torque on the oil sump bolt to remove it.

What size ratchet you using? Shouldn't be that tight

Or where are you putting the stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Planks of wood are your friend with low cars ;)

As for not getting enough torque.... Put some muscle into it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

dgt wrote: »

Ive had bad experiences with planks of wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

dgt wrote: »

Well here's the thing though, as well as changing the oil, I had to change the oil level sensor, which I couldn't access, so had I got the plug out and drained the oil, I'd have to wait until the next change to do the sensor. Soooo I'm going to touch base with my cousin who I dont know all that well who said a while back that I could use his garage/lift to do work on the car. Should be dandy then.

Advertisement