Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I never posted my new stereo install. Looks well in the cabin, which can't be said for most after market radios in an e46!

Self praise is no praise LOL
    I still do not like how it is all to one side. TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is that an LHD fascia you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is that an LHD fascia you got?

Nope.

The original unit is offset so the non standard will always have to be to the left side. This is a pic of the tape deck that I removed:

288487.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

How do you manage to do much with the stereo when the phone is in that position? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Top Dog wrote: »
    How do you manage to do much with the stereo when the phone is in that position? :confused:

The phone holder is part of the stereo. All controls are to the left of the phone. Or controlled by the phone itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I know, was just trying to take the mick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I made up a replica dealer sticker of the garage my Corolla came out of in August 1990. Completes the fully original look I was looking for

11911775114_3ca15f9e31_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

2008 535d Logic7 retrofit

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG
    10.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 73,448 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CianDon wrote: »
    I made up a replica dealer sticker of the garage my Corolla came out of in August 1990. Completes the fully original look I was looking for

11911775114_3ca15f9e31_c.jpg

Where did you get that done, I'd say there'd be a few quid to be made in classic car circles out of old style dealer stickers and period stickers like "axe-tax"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

The phone holder is part of the stereo. All controls are to the left of the phone. Or controlled by the phone itself.
    Very interesting! :cool:

In that case - whats the stereo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Killed third gearbox - the last one in just 11 months. QyhW2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

joujoujou wrote: »
    Killed third gearbox - the last one in just 11 months. QyhW2.gif

Whats going wrong with them.

Unregistered Users

Toyota gearboxes are well known to have issues with bearings, especially if driver's aggressive. ;)

joujoujou wrote: »
    Toyota gearboxes are well known to have issues with bearings, especially if driver's aggressive. ;)

Is there upgrade bearing kit or run better oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

corkgsxr wrote: »

Or stop being aggressive :P

Corolla's weren't built to be rally cars :pac:

Some people dont even realise there being aggressive. Like im used to a big sportsbike so iv a tenancy to drive cars/vans faster without realising. Saying that iv never burnt out a clutch engine or gearbox.

Mr Voodoomelon beautiful 740i got a full software update, the car still had the original software from factory, bye bye gearbox jerkness etc.

Car is such a beauty, those rear seats are like Business class seats in a premium jet plane, fully adjustable.

DSC_2233.JPG

DSC_2235.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

*cough* Li *cough* :)

Would recommend bmstuff's services to anyone, I didn't know what to expect when he arrived, but is very professional, has incredible, top end equipment and he operates a proper reputable business. The car is now updated with the latest software across all modules, direct from BMW.

If you have a 04+ BMW (not exclusively) and your car hasn't been near a dealer in a long time, it's worth every penny. Jerky downshifts are gone altogether and power delivery feels more progressive and predictable. It was a bit jittery before, power on or off kind of deal.

Something I did today, the tyre pressures were off by 20% on the rear and 15-20% on the front. Woolly steering is now perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzUyNjQxQGZzMi50aXN0b3J5LmNvbTovYXR0YWNoLzAvODEuSlBH

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Well they were built to be rally cars but they were cheating cnuts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dgt, have you lost the ability to understand - :pac: ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

dgt, have you lost the ability to understand - :pac: ???????

I'm in my own drowning world here, leave me alone :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Bought some lovely coloured bulbs online there :p

bmstuff wrote: »
    bye bye gearbox jerkness etc.

What?! :eek:

A firmware update for a CAR!? :eek:

What the fcuk year am I living in?! How long has this been going on? How can a firmware update fix a gearbox? Fix the display on the radio or such I could understand, but a gearbox!?! :confused:

Sorry, the reason I clicked in here in the first place, was to ask if anyone had ever used an exhaust tip before?

I drive a Rav4 and I've been cleaning it a lot lately. Thanks to the help of many posters in the detailing forum, I've gotten my nudge bar and sidebars looking nice and shiny. But the back of the car has no 'shiny' part at all. I've used stainless steel cleaner (with much success, surprisingly) on the exhaust, but it still looks dull in comparison to the sidebars and nudge bar.

So I was gonna slap an exhaust tip on, just so there's some aspect of the rear of the car with a chrome/stainless steel look (i think it'll help pull the look of the car together, as a whole.. I think my sidebars and nudge bar are stainless steel..).

The car has a towbar (black and somewhat rusted) so was gonna take that off and replace it with a rear step-bar, too, but I don't know if I'll have any luck getting a rear bar to match the sidebars, so I was thinking the exhaust would be a subtle alternative.

But not sure if they're a load of crap and interfere (negatively) with the exhaust itself? Figured some of ye guys may know?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭cletus

Front left caliper was sticking on my car, but i noticed that it would slowly release. Figured the brake hose was degrading internally.

changed the hose, and the first press of the brake pedal to bleed the caliper blew out a heap of black crap.

Finished the bleed, took her for a spin, problem sorted

What the fcuk year am I living in?! How long has this been going on? How can a firmware update fix a gearbox? Fix the display on the radio or such I could understand, but a gearbox!?! :confused:

Obviously not a 1L micra with a 5 speed manual but a car with a gearbox thats paddle or where the gearleaver only connects to microswitch and the ecu controls the actual shifting. My changing the shift times or engine revs to match it can change alot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sorry, the reason I clicked in here in the first place, was to ask if anyone had ever used an exhaust tip before?

So I was gonna slap an exhaust tip on, just so there's some aspect of the rear of the car with a chrome/stainless steel look (i think it'll help pull the look of the car together, as a whole.. I think my sidebars and nudge bar are stainless steel..).

Cheers :)

Go to an exhaust center and get them to cut off your tailpipe and fit a stainless steel one instead.

Hi, welcome to 1985.
    Transmission control unit (tcu) have been introduced around that year and is used on every single automatic car since.
    Some cars can have like 40 and more ecu controlling different aspect of the car, airbags, shifting, self levelling suspension, engine obviously, entertainment system etc.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

corkgsxr wrote: »
    None of those. :p

Will replace entire gearbox. :)

The last spare one I have. :D

I'll think about "later" when later will begin. ;)

Another replacement or reconditioning, who knows... :o

Advertisement