Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Re-dyed my rooflining on the Laguna on Sat. Now to drop the sunroof so I can dye the sunroof cover.

2013-07-13-1081_zpsb267516d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I'm interested by this roof lining dying and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

rizzee wrote: »
    Quick question folks, I've currently 205/45/17s on the car at the moment and theres a bigger gap between the wheel and the arch than there was when I had 15s on it! My question is, instead of getting the car on lowering springs would it be possible to change to a different tyre height/width to make it look lower than it is now?

What tyres originally? 205/40's sound too small to me....!

As for me, well, bumface to this!

Common XUD fault, valve stem seals go after a while. So nothing wrong with the engine, just a few miserable seals. Not bad for a seriously abused engine with over 300k miles.... ;)

As a result, I've been forced to shovel the Xantia engine in. Not without it's differences!

Cleaning up the fuel heater
    Image834.jpg

LDA hat shined to a millimetre of it's life
    Image835.jpg

And rocker cover
    Image836.jpg

The little differences that make this time consuming....!
    Image837.jpg

My shoulder is fecked since Sunday and am genuinely struggling with the simplest of tasks.... Like engine removals :eek: big hats off to 166man and 156man for physically taking the engine out of the car for me...... :eek: and leaving my bay spotless!!!
    Image839.jpg

Yet another pikey fabrication in the making :)
    Image838.jpg

Think it needs longer
    Image840.jpg

Wastegate next. This was rather difficult to get right
    Image841.jpg

No not yet....
    Image842.jpg

It took over 2 hours to get it bent in the right way and shape (not helped by the cripple typing)
    Image843.jpg

And that's as far as I am. How the fook am I going to get this done tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

dgt did you think of changing the head?

dh0011 wrote: »
    dgt did you think of changing the head?

Not the heads fault, just one or a few of these have let go and are allowing oil down the cylinders. Just go hard and break
    001015003800-492fad20f230b.jpg

Believe me the car could still fly even with the oil being burned ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

DGT, not trying to be smart phone or anything ( that would hurt my brain actually), but WHAT THE HECK are you building/repairing, I am totally lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

I have to say Dgt I have never seen an Xud/HDi with valve stem seal issues before (I know you from the 306 owners club btw I work for them) I would be more inclined to say you blew and oil gallery in the head gasket, especially with the hell you give your engines :D

bmstuff wrote: »
    DGT, not trying to be smart phone or anything ( that would hurt my brain actually), but WHAT THE HECK are you building/repairing, I am totally lost?

My car decided to consume it's oil on Monday and I have an engine ready to shove in, it needs some fiddling to fit as its from a Xantia and is sort of a rush job.... I hope it works right for the moment while I sort the engine it came with :)
    rex-x wrote: »
    I have to say Dgt I have never seen an Xud/HDi with valve stem seal issues before (I know you from the 306 owners club btw I work for them) I would be more inclined to say you blew and oil gallery in the head gasket, especially with the hell you give your engines :D

Didn't think there were any 306oc members here apart from myself and Killian! The old engine had the same issue and could still also fly :D that's what I was told when I asked about it.... All I can do is open them up and find out :)

As for this evening, I finally have it ready.... Turbo that is :)

As the car still is....
    Image844.jpg

Hope to have it in the garage someday, add to the list of motors that graced those doors :cool:

Pikey time :pac:
    Image845.jpg

The result
    Image846.jpg

And sitting on :) will the eagle eyed spot something else I added..... ;)
    Image847.jpg

Manifolds are back on, just loom, box, alternator bracket and clutch to add. Timing belt roller and tensioner need replacing. Pump needs the top half rebuilt. Downpipe needs a bit of editing to fit and rotate properly. Then on it goes.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

dgt wrote: »

And sitting on :) will the eagle eyed spot something else I added..... ;)

Pikey External wastgate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

A stitch in time...saves nine, I meant to get to this for a hood while, got some leather filler from some lad on ebay.pl Poland, its good stuff from what I can see, flexible and ideal for hard worked areas...not sure longetivity but its worked ok so far.

Tub says to use a hairdryer between layers (I needed several) but I used this fine weather to dry and kept going over it over the last few days - its not 100% but its a 1000000% better :)

BEFORE:

u8hf.jpg

jnm8.jpg

AFTER (I ran over the furniture dye I previously used as well):

First Layer:

qrkq.jpg

0pwg.jpg

9v9j.jpg

hj09.jpg

zkj3.jpg

The filler is 15ml heavy black filler for ebay seller: leatherclinic

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LEATHER-HEAVY-FILLER-15-ML-SOFAS-CARS-7-COLOURS-RIPS-SCUFFS-HOLES-/270878245607?pt=UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&hash=item3f119a02e7

(he has most colours available)

ajqf.jpg

• Advertisement

Ferris wrote: »
    Pikey External wastgate?

Nope but it's on the exhaust manifold alright ;)

Ferris wrote: »
    Pikey External wastgate?

Pikey egr blank by the looks of it :pac:

Which turbo are you running? looks like a tdo4l from your pictures?
    Its nice to see a few tinkering Peugeot heads, if I could stop blowing clutches someday there may be a meet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm thinking I should buy some of that leather filler, there's a few small patches on the Roadster that could use it.

Pikey egr blank by the looks of it :pac:

Which turbo are you running? looks like a tdo4l from your pictures?
    Its nice to see a few tinkering Peugeot heads, if I could stop blowing clutches someday there may be a meet :o

Spot on ;) needs trimming round the edges but it'll do for now :)

That's a K14 from a Merc E300TD, TD04 is impossible to find in the yard... That turbo was cheap and many more available :cool: damn nearly a bolt on fit with the later manifold, I'm sure it's bolt on with the older manifolds :) not happy with my downpipe but will be sorted in due time :)

I would love to get my hands on a CG paddle clutch now that you mention it, even if it would cost more than the car :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm thinking I should buy some of that leather filler, there's a few small patches on the Roadster that could use it.

Yep 15ml is plenty , there is tonnes left I barely even scratched the surface for my repair :cool:....make sure to go for the grison leather dye (also on ebay) if it badlt worn

Spot on ;) needs trimming round the edges but it'll do for now :)

That's a K14 from a Merc E300TD, TD04 is impossible to find in the yard... That turbo was cheap and many more available :cool: damn nearly a bolt on fit with the later manifold, I'm sure it's bolt on with the older manifolds :) not happy with my downpipe but will be sorted in due time :)

I would love to get my hands on a CG paddle clutch now that you mention it, even if it would cost more than the car :pac:

Hmmm any specs on it?
    I have an Iveco Daily ko3 on my hdi, been over 180bhp for 2 years now and still going strong!
    I have a CG paddle clutch in the workshop you can have if you want, it lasted about 2000 miles before exploding :rolleyes: wouldnt recommend them!

Hmmm any specs on it?
    I have an Iveco Daily ko3 on my hdi, been over 180bhp for 2 years now and still going strong!
    I have a CG paddle clutch in the workshop you can have if you want, it lasted about 2000 miles before exploding :rolleyes: wouldnt recommend them!

Specs were very hard to find untill I asked and was pointed in the right direction.... :cool:

From this post is a comparison to the standard K14
    Turbine:
    xud k14 i=49mm e=42
    606 k14-2 i=52mm e=48
    Compressor:
    xud k14 e=50mm i=32mm
    606 k14-2 e=60mm i=43mm

I can say it's a very close fit, but the Merc turbo won't fit in the XUD K14 turbine housing, I tried last night. Collar is 55mm vs 50mm.... Comp wheel is the same diameter but trim is different, won't allow it to fit without reaming :(

I have the very same K03 here and the K14 dwarfed it..... And it's going on a Daily! :eek: needs it's cartridge replaced though...

Had planned a TB2509 from a Daily but was too messy making adapters to fit.... And smaller than the K14 ;)

Also in the pipeline is a Daily intercooler (see a pattern :p) surprisingly with the 406 there is a lack of room at the front for it.... Need to bin the standard fmic first :)

Balls.... I'm always weary of turning things too high and worrying about the clutch! Currently on a Borg and Beck this last 30k miles, seems fine :) what would be a good paddle clutch or even uprated clutch to use?

Specs were very hard to find untill I asked and was pointed in the right direction.... :cool:

From this post is a comparison to the standard K14

I can say it's a very close fit, but the Merc turbo won't fit in the XUD K14 turbine housing, I tried last night. Collar is 55mm vs 50mm.... Comp wheel is the same diameter but trim is different, won't allow it to fit without reaming :(

I have the very same K03 here and the K14 dwarfed it..... And it's going on a Daily! :eek: needs it's cartridge replaced though...

Had planned a TB2509 from a Daily but was too messy making adapters to fit.... And smaller than the K14 ;)

Also in the pipeline is a Daily intercooler (see a pattern :p) surprisingly with the 406 there is a lack of room at the front for it.... Need to bin the standard fmic first :)

Balls.... I'm always weary of turning things too high and worrying about the clutch! Currently on a Borg and Beck this last 30k miles, seems fine :) what would be a good paddle clutch or even uprated clutch to use?
    Seems a nicer size than the td04 alot of people are going with!

Yes the iveco ko3 is not massive but the hdi needs less air, and too big is worse than too small!
    Also Peter the mapper had alot of dynos run with this particular turbo so knew how to get the best out of it (and its built like a tank internally)

To be honest the standard Xud clutch is pretty ok with regards tuning as they tend to make power higher up the revs, the issue is on HDis where you make 340 lbs/ft below 3k rpm the clutches just give out.

Your rods will be on the ground long before your clutch gives up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I suppose this will only feed the "devil juice" comments but....

SCs0Z0r.jpg

:pac:

(I'm well aware its entirely out of focus)

Seems a nicer size than the td04 alot of people are going with!

Yes the iveco ko3 is not massive but the hdi needs less air, and too big is worse than too small!
    Also Peter the mapper had alot of dynos run with this particular turbo so knew how to get the best out of it (and its built like a tank internally)

To be honest the standard Xud clutch is pretty ok with regards tuning as they tend to make power higher up the revs, the issue is on HDis where you make 340 lbs/ft below 3k rpm the clutches just give out.

Your rods will be on the ground long before your clutch gives up ;)

All I'm afraid is it's a bit too big and will have serious lag.... Have a 11mm pump with some dynamic advance enhancements (different spring/shims) and other customisations on the engine too so that should help! I have it set to rev close to 6k rpm and can turn it down when needed :D if I could bin the semi ecu crap I'd be eve happier :pac:

No mapping here, all screws and spanners :p sounds like I can send the power high enough so! :D

Looking to rebuild it's own engine with HDi rods someday :)

• Advertisement

So today I'm getting a new flexi pipe section on the exhaust :D yay!

So to continue on from above post here is the result!

2q1upzl.jpg

They also threw in a few other little bits too ;)

Replaced the nuts and such and stuck on some form of paste

10eoso4.jpg

Welded one of the supports back on, so now it's not swaying about

2a0copi.jpg

And replaced a seal behind this guy!

2hqgkfl.jpg

Next on the agenda, 3 months tax, then it's back to the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Heard an almighty metallic clank last week when driving. Took the rear right wheel off a few days later to bleed brakes and a section of shock spring fell onto the ground. :/

strut_zpsac640af2.jpg

Got two new ones in Prentice today, €255!

rearspring_zps7550d611.jpg

They sent off a enquiry to BMW in Germany as to what struts are in my sport. €353 a corner. Springs will do for now!

That's a hefty price alright!

I'm nearly certain I seen you in Newbridge last week, outside a "we fit" garage, or maybe it wasn't you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nope, i'm in Dundalk area. I never seen anyone and no one sees me. :D

Nope, i'm in Dundalk area. I never seen anyone and no one sees me. :D

Well this guy was in a beige suit, something just didn't scream I'm voodoomelon from him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭allinthehead

had 4 hankook ventus v12s fitted this morning. three months tax last week and a pallet of goodness arrived yesterday so cleaned it up and fitted today.

look at the filth of them, cleaned up like new tho.

B2A0A6E3-0BD5-4618-AB91-C53497330FC8-4336-00000290273A8226.jpg

from this

subarulegacypic.jpeg

to this

B7DF6901-6616-41E6-8CF7-138BA85F2C84-4336-000002901D0C310D.jpg

904A4CF1-CB23-4360-8D7D-564C472CD631-4336-0000029014529107.jpg

DE58E949-8BFF-4035-B444-5250EB142526-4336-000002900D1DF475.jpg

so thats what i did today. unfortunately heres what the other half did today:eek:

62767084-BF90-40F3-941A-101C54782063-4336-0000029055CFF789.jpg

☀️

Cheers to Currran from detailingshed for dropping me up a snowfoam lance and fedw other bits and pieces, car was destroyed with tree sap, but I couldn't resist trying out the lance, I hosed it down afterwards but didn't give it a proper wash as it was far too warm and I wasn't feeling it :)

The snowfoam stripped all the tree sap anyway - impresed with it so far

ujp3.jpg

qhnk.jpg

@allinthehead. Thats some transformation. Very nice indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gave her car a bit of a rub there, de-yellowed the headlights, with the new number plates tis lookin smart!

nk64.jpg

Must get some OE hubcaps or alloys....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

Cheers to Currran from detailingshed for dropping me up a snowfoam lance and fedw other bits and pieces, car was destroyed with tree sap, but I couldn't resist trying out the lance, I hosed it down afterwards but didn't give it a proper wash as it was far too warm and I wasn't feeling it :)

The snowfoam stripped all the tree sap anyway - impresed with it so far

I would love one of them

Advertisement