Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm mad for heavily modified cars, man and I know you're into the MCM idea of doing what you like but do you not think it makes the car look messy?
    It was nice and clean before the black wrap, looks messy now, like it was crashed.

It's another car forum, worth signing up for.
    If you don't want to, his Instagram name is Colt_dz

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Cian I have to say, really not a fan of colt's, but fook me that is a beautiful example

Cian I have to say, really not a fan of colt's, but fook me that is a beautiful example

I was the same until I saw that one, now I'm mad for them!
    The nice ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Are you a fan of MCM too? I don't want my car to blend in though, I want it to stand out. I wouldn't go as far to say that I will heavily modify it, but a few touches here and there, y'know and the petrol cap is just one of them. Maybe if it was a plain colour it might look replaced from another car or whatever, but well... I don't know

I am yeah, a big fan.
    Modifying a car the right way will have it sticking out, can you say the Colt I linked you to is bland? It's slammed with a big spoiler, a big lip, the engine bay is purple!! But it's the way it's put together.

Sticking some matte black wrap on something to make it stick out is getting you looks for the wrong reason.

• Advertisement

Hah, I never said it's like "Wrapped, boom, done!"

I'll have it lowered within a month too. I was going to for coilovers but they seem very expensive for Colts, so I will probably get -40mm springs. Also some other things along the way... Work in progress, you might say.

Right now, I spent some money on exhaust, filters, plugs, oils and stuff. Also 2 visual things ordered (1 interior, 1 exterior).

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

Got a surprise opening to go collect some black leather heated seats today.
    bit dirty but no scratches, rips or tears.

Now, I wonder, am I so lucky that they'd be plug and play in a car with the heater controls and pre wired??
    So, I had a few spare hours today after cleaning my new seats with Auto Glym leather cleaner (fantastic stuff btw) so I went fitting them.

I had tried to do it the proper DIY way and install the elements myself, but the parts were too expensive to source.

Firstly, I knew my car was pre wired for them, and I had bought a replacement heater control panel with heated seats previously, as my fan control was acting up.

If you do not want an SRS fault Disconnect the battery FIRST

Step 1;

Centre console cup holders out.
    xipj.jpg

Step 2;

Rail bolts next.
    2 at the front and 3 at the rear. 15mm socket required here.
    c2a8.jpg

Step 3;

Disconnect the seatbelt(1), heater (2), Occupancy?(3), Unknown(4)

tvyb.jpg

4q42.jpg

Step 4;

unbolt the seatbelt. 14mm socket.

g818.jpg
    za3u.jpg

Step 5;

seat out and a good chance to clean 11 years of grime and dirt from under them.

n8d2.jpg

Installation of the new ones is the same only in reverse. :)
    Biggest success, No coding required so some lovely toasty cheeks for me this evening!

While I had the seat out on the passenger side, I took advantage of the extra space to run the cable for my parking sensors down the A-pillar and the sill.

qi5o.jpg
    dfs8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm mad for heavily modified cars, man and I know you're into the MCM idea of doing what you like but do you not think it makes the car look messy?
    It was nice and clean before the black wrap, looks messy now, like it was crashed.

It's another car forum, worth signing up for.
    If you don't want to, his Instagram name is Colt_dz

:eek: Sweet mother of god, I don't like them colts at all but thats a beaut :)

I love them kind of hardass track look cars like the following etc..

Swift_Track_day_car__update_1__by_Quattr0.jpg

YbFocus wrote: »
    I don't like them colts at all

Ofcourse you don't... because I'm driving one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

@thatsnotgonewell

Really annoying me as to what car that is?

Looks like a Volvo of some kind, but the fact it's a 3 door, I haven't a notion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

@thatsnotgonewell

Looks like a Volvo of some kind, but the fact it's a 3 door, I haven't a notion.
    Is that not a hinge at the right side in the 3rd last pic suggesting a 4 door?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

GvidoR wrote: »

Way to intentionally take it out of context

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Did the obligatory SMD install today.
    Cost to do it to the 325= 30e
    Mazda 6= 3e :D
    Same amount of bulbs too!

Jesus GvidoR I hardly know you from adam on here and have nothing against you :)

I just don't like them cars or cars kind of like them unless they are touched up like the ones in Cians link.

The same way you might not like E60's??

Absolutely nothing against you man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

Tightened up me noisy loose gusset (ooo vicar - its a subaru window thing). That high pitched noise that was giving me worries about boost leak or bearing whine is now gone. Thank you internet, free fixes are the best fixes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

@thatsnotgonewell

I'm going to guess Volvo S40.....

Anyways, normal service is resuming here bit by bit. First, sort the parents cars....
    Image1109.jpg

Some complete twit wired the lights arseways and they failed :rolleyes:
    Image1110.jpg

A few minutes and a bit of wire later....
    Image1111.jpg

Better :)

The Bravo had the same problem, non functioning bulb. But the bulb had blown rather than fall hands to some monkey. Bulb change is a piece of piss, remove the air pipe then the cover. 10 second job
    Image1112.jpg

One of Joe Lucas' finest bulbs eh :rolleyes:
    Image1113.jpg

It had a strange vibrating problem, the rear tyres were a bit soft (this car gets regularly loaded with coal, pallets, logs etc) so pumped them up and that's that cured, bizarrely :confused:

Finally, I decided to remove some polybushes from a 156 in the garden
    Image1114.jpg

Engine out tomorrow, hopefully :) and I lost the f*ckin key to it, the only one :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

@thatsnotgonewell

Top Dog wrote: »
    Is that not a hinge at the right side in the 3rd last pic suggesting a 4 door?

The powers of deduction here never cease to amaze me!

Limerick manDGT, spot on, 2003 S40 Phase 2.

Anybody want two black non-heated leather seats? :pac:

dgt wrote: »

Engine out tomorrow, hopefully :) and I lost the f*ckin key to it, the only one :mad::mad::mad:

Good days work man :)

About the key, reminds me of the time lately when the key broke for the e60, then while waiting for the new one the lock itself broke.

I said Ok then car off the road for two days.

New key arrived and the first thing he said is that it doesn't come coded and has to be placed In the ignition :rolleyes:.

Queue one broken window and we're away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

YbFocus wrote: »
    Good days work man :)

About the key, reminds me of the time lately when the key broke for the e60, then while waiting for the new one the lock itself broke.

I said Ok then car off the road for two days.

New key arrived and the first thing he said is that it doesn't come coded and has to be placed In the ignition :rolleyes:.

Queue one broken window and we're away :)

Problem though is that I need the key for the immobiliser, access to he car isn't a problem (car is unlocked, on its side sunroof smashy smashy :pac:)

I need the key for a project car here. I have 3 V6 ecu's, 2 with missing transponders and the third is in the 166 so that's a nono :p

I may have to bite the bullet and get another ecu/code box/key setup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The powers of deduction here never cease to amaze me!

Limerick manDGT, spot on, 2003 S40 Phase 2.

Anybody want two black non-heated leather seats? :pac:

I actually didn't look for a hinge on the door, the back seat leg room looking small and with the seat out it made it look like a 3 door, silly me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Progress on the 535d for those who followed...

Progress 1

17.JPG
    18.JPG
    19.JPG
    20.JPG
    21.JPG
    22.JPG
    23.JPG
    24.JPG
    25.JPG
    26.JPG
    27.JPG
    28.JPG
    29.JPG
    30.JPG
    31.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Impressive work Bmstuff, and I was proud that I could wire in an oven and hob recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

dgt wrote: »
    [...]

A few minutes and a bit of wire later....
    289858.jpg

[...]

Previous owner was Polish? :D

========================================

Got my baby back from garage. 200 notes gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

bmstuff wrote: »
    Progress on the 535d for those who followed...

Progress 1

That's very neat wiring bmstuff. I have no clue about car electrics. Well I would know a bit. I'm an electrician btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have no clue about electrics. I'm an electrician btw.

Riiiiggghht............:P

New gear knob and JDM tow strap.

ZqEYe7Fl.jpg

jYK3s6kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Sorry just cant understand those cloth tow straps. Why like? Do ya need to get towed often, make it handy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Riiiiggghht............:P

As I said I know a bit. I fitted an alarm in a car I used to own and also a remote central locking device to my current car.

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Sorry just cant understand those cloth tow straps. Why like? Do ya need to get towed often, make it handy out.

You never know and also it's supposed to support up to 2 tonnes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

You never know and also it's supposed to support up to 2 tonnes. :)

I use the towing eyes. Simples.

Id be happy out that you can tow with them. To me its just a bloody pointless addition that looks cat

Advertisement