Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Have to keep reminding myself this thread is not titled "Today I did something tasteful to my car".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Have to keep reminding myself this thread is not titled "Today I did something tasteful to my car".

That's so funny. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

This is the kind of thing that is being mentioned most in the feedback thread. Ease up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I think this one of the problems with the forum :)
    Something not to your taste but you should not tell everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Come on, people are sticking carbon wrap on fuel flaps and we have to bite our tongues? No fair! :pac:

But I'll say nothing from here on. :)

• Advertisement

Come on, people are sticking carbon wrap on fuel flaps and we have to bite our tongues? No fair! :pac:

We don't have to bite our tongues, just don't post something that's bordering on "trolling" (cabb8ge will love that).

At least phrase it differently and still get the point across like "not to my tastes but it's your car".

And yes, I do realise that this post is rife with high-horsedness but I do not feel any sense of one-upmanship by posting this.

Perhaps he like carbon wrap :)

Perhaps he like carbon wrap :)

I doubt I would have put it on if I didn't. :P

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

We don't have to bite our tongues, just don't post something that's bordering on "trolling" (cabb8ge will love that).

At least phrase it differently and still get the point across like "not to my tastes but it's your car".

And yes, I do realise that this post is rife with high-horsedness but I do not feel any sense of one-upmanship by posting this.

Give the guy a break! His car, his money! Anyway he's at least posting pics!

sorry MM. miss quoted was ment for stalingrad.

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Give the guy a break! His car, his money! Anyway he's at least posting pics!

Ummmm.......yeah what the hell do you think I meant in my post???

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »

FWIW I like carbon wrap and matte black too.
    I do get stick for it sometimes but it ok.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Ummmm.......yeah what the hell do you think I meant in my post???

HaHa read above I miss quoted you ment stallingrad!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Sorry for what I started. I hope you realise its not about you its just those tow yokes bother me in a way that's not even rational.

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Sorry for what I started. I hope you realise its not about you its just those tow yokes bother me in a way that's not even rational.

It's okay, I'm getting used to people not liking my cars, hahah. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's okay, I'm getting used to people not liking my cars, hahah. :)

Think I've said it to you before (you had the Bora in the past, right?) but as long as you're happy it doesn't really matter.

Think I've said it to you before (you had the Bora in the past, right?) but as long as you're happy it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I had too many cars in the last 6 months. I'm keeping the Colt for a good while now though. It has only 694xx miles on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

Completely forgot to show the difference in the seats yesterday!:o
    they're identical from the top and when you sit in them.

Heated; control module and the wires for the elements
    at38.jpg

Non-heated, just a blank to keep the extra wire out of trouble.
    hxhn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

joujoujou wrote: »
    Previous owner was Polish? :D

========================================

Got my baby back from garage. 200 notes gone. :(

He was indeed Polish and seemed to look after it very well :cool: he even had it decatted :pac:

Would love to know who wired that up though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Final pictures

Car coded to HIFI to flatten the factory EQ curve, so the midrange no longer try to be woofers.

The 4 channels JBL amplifier powers the front and rear speakers while the small white VIBE mono amplifier powers up the underseat mid woofers.

Plays nicely combined with the Gladen speakers and now that everything is properly wired.

Nice clean 3 ways system now

32.JPG
    33.JPG
    34.JPG
    35.JPG
    36.JPG
    37.JPG
    38.JPG
    39.JPG
    40.JPG
    41.JPG

Merry Christmas to my car!

IIPa3g9l.jpg

• Advertisement

Kicking off the service with spark plugs.

Old vs new

Xxj1klWl.jpg

Boom, all done!

YIxknVfl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Done a oil change and changed a bulb for the nct. Only for it to fail on a bush on the front wishbone. I think it will have to go ti a garage i never changed anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Take out the wishbone and bring to the local for the to push it out and replace it.
    Then bring it home and refit.
    Saves lots of monies :)

Arise from hibernation!!! :cool:
    Image1115.jpg

Moved to the garage

Now, to the head.... Bleed off pipes need replacing
    Image1116.jpg

Plugs out and injectors out (yes, they screw out with the King Dick :pac:)
    Image1117.jpg

Time to clean the head properly. With a sharp blade. Half done
    Image1120.jpg

Almost done
    Image1121.jpg

Head surface in the process of
    Image1122.jpg

Like a gradient, this side is also almost done
    Image1123.jpg

All valves out again, no biggie....
    Image1118.jpg

Then this
    Image1119.jpg

To clean the ports and precups

More later.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

YbFocus wrote: »
    Take out the wishbone and bring to the local for the to push it out and replace it.
    Then bring it home and refit.
    Saves lots of monies :)

Thanks very much for that wouldnt have thought of that. Do you know if i would be better to do both sides.

iano.p wrote: »
    Thanks very much for that wouldnt have thought of that. Do you know if i would be better to do both sides.

More than likely the other ain't far behind.
    Feel the movement in the fecked one and compare :)

Dgt, I now have this idea in my head that your like tdp etc :)

I had to google TDP.... :o the 406 does tend to slide round roundabouts of it's own accord sometimes but otherwise I won't be doing anything like that with it :pac:

Just want my head as clean as I can get it s less chance of it to go wrong (first time doing this with an XUD) and see if polishing the ports/grinding out unwanted castings make a significant difference :)

Planning another engine build already with the Citroen XUD when it's out.... ;)

You want it as clean as possible :)

This stuff never seizes to amaze Me, I can't ever see a day where I'd face out to pull the head off the bmw just so its cleaner :)

Ah well the stem seals went on this one and was burning a lot of oil..... I wouldn't be doing this otherwise :pac: it's an XUD thing but it's old age at fault coupled with poor maintenance ie crap oil :mad:

It was badly coked up, raging I didn't get a pic of the lump of crud on one of the exhaust valves, looked something like this :eek:

It may need shimming as the valves were ground in to remove pitting on the valves. I'm not looking foreward to shimming this one if it needs it, bucket shims are bloody tiny :(

• Advertisement

I am jealous of your mechanical knowledge :)

Advertisement