Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

GvidoR wrote: »
    Wow, everything looks like it's done professionally, even the pictures.

When you've nothing else to be doing other than watching someone work, taking a few photographs is a welcome distraction :)
    bmstuff wrote:
    Nice on Paddy was just it free?

They sorted the install for me, and I've given them some of the pictures they can use if they want so it's a win/win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Paddy can I ask how much did it cost to tint the 3 windows on your car? Just thinking of doing my car too wondering going rate! Cheers
    Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Could always do it yourself. Would be cheaper and more rewarding. :)

I would rather let the professionals do it to be honest I would end up with bubbles everywhere would look crap. Barely manage a screen protector on phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

A friend tried that before and it looked like this :)

window-tinting-no-bubble-guarantee.jpg

• Advertisement

Ya that's what I'd end up with only prob worse!! Don't mind paying for proper job

Did he even use a piece of plastic to apply it?

Did he even use a piece of plastic to apply it?

I just robbed that from google man, it wasn't that bad but still :)

After the cost of the wrap and the head wreck of applying it. Finally leading to a few bubbles I'd never be happy with I'd just let the pros at it :)

...or you could become a pro yourself :P

...or you could become a pro yourself :P

I do almost everything with my car Gvido, but jesus that would wreck my head. No patience here at all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

YbFocus wrote: »
    I do almost everything with my car Gvido, but jesus that would wreck my head. No patience here at all :D

That's two of us so :D

Keeping on topic, cos thats what it's all about round here ;) I tightened my seat in the astra cos it was loose, and found some insurance for the saab, which was a battle and a half!

That's two of us so :D

Keeping on topic, cos thats what it's all about round here ;) I tightened my seat in the astra cos it was loose, and found some insurance for the saab, which was a battle and a half!

Oh yeah on topic, I replaced the fathers rear shocks then moved onto the front and found them to be wrong so I am so happy this evening, look at me smiling :D

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Paddy can I ask how much did it cost to tint the 3 windows on your car? Just thinking of doing my car too wondering going rate! Cheers
    Gavin

It was €170 with a 12 month warranty but it's dependant on the size of the car as far as I know.

Cheers Paddy Iv an Accord so I imagine it should be around the same here in cork. Think I'll go 35% tint.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Those headunit installs are so clean. I'm impressed behond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    When you've nothing else to be doing other than watching someone work, taking a few photographs is a welcome distraction :)

They sorted the install for me, and I've given them some of the pictures they can use if they want so it's a win/win.

Yeah can't beat freebies. Nicely done.

Changed the pollen / cabin filter this morning before having breakfast. So, I took off the glove box and saw this:

vjOKIHhl.jpg

So I had to unscrew the metal piece going across and move it down so I have room to take out the filter.

6C583sPl.jpg

Here it is with the filter taken out.

1m6bxAHl.jpg

...and here's the new and the old filter for comparison. :)

That eh... Was needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Well needed. Anyone here know how to replace one on a 07 astra

It seems to be behind or under the glove box for most cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭cletus

cena wrote: »
    Well needed. Anyone here know how to replace one on a 07 astra

Its behind the glove box

Badly needed by looks of it. Satisfying job to do and easy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just ordered some smoked side indicators for the e46. I have clear ones/silver bulbs which look good, but this is just to see if I like it.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221175116134&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:3160

Just ordered some smoked side indicators for the e46. I have clear ones/silver bulbs which look good, but this is just to see if I like it.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221175116134&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:3160

How would this work though?

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Who needs iDrive?

Am I the only one who cant see the photos?:confused:
    Sounds like a top notch install though.:)

Am I the only one who cant see the photos?:confused:
    Sounds like a top notch install though.:)

The pics showed up fine yesterday, but they're not working now. Paddy should use imgur.com instead

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Gavman84 wrote: »
    I changed the pollen filter in the Accord today so hopefully it will help with the foggy windows the whole time! Looks like not been changed ever old v new in the pic shows its manky enough!! Iv also booked the car in for a detail in a few weeks!:D

That reminds me, I need to change the pollen filter in the Golf.

The pics showed up fine yesterday, but they're not working now. Paddy should use imgur.com instead

Ran out of bandwidth on Photobucket, they'll be back on the first of next month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How would this work though?

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

Don't think the film would work so well on such a small part. Its very cheap anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

With all this talk about pollen filters, I decided to check ours. Avert your eyes :eek:

2rotl04.jpg

294lao2.jpg

Minging! A new one will be ordered as soon as I can find the credit card :confused:

Advertisement