Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Would adding a pollen filter to the van stop the inside of the windscreen getting so dirty so fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Would adding a pollen filter to the van stop the inside of the windscreen getting so dirty so fast

Twould do!

Changed oil, oil filter and air filter. Mmm that sense of accomplishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

All these dismantling glove boxes... makes me love BMW even more for making this so easy on an e46

pollen.jpg
    (not mine, pic from google)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

In the 206, all ya do is put your hand in from the bonnet and it literally falls out! Even still, i'd class it as a hard days work done :rolleyes:
    20100925_081.jpg

• Advertisement

All these dismantling glove boxes... makes me love BMW even more for making this so easy on an e46

pollen.jpg

Size doesnt matter

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

pollen.jpg

While also making the air filter a PITA on a 320d.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My current one is probably the easiest I've ever encountered:

fgw8.jpg

That black panel below the wipers is the pollen filter housing. 6 screws and it's off. The box with BMW on it to the right of the engine is the air filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Popped into the tax office as soon as they opened and paid for 3 months tax. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

GvidoR wrote: »
    Popped into the tax office as soon as they opened and paid for 3 months tax. :)

Done mine the other day 3 months and one in arrears. . €570 :(

• Advertisement

You have a 2.9L car?

2901 - 3000 cc = €422 for 3 months + €149.40 for 1 month arrears = €571.40

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Paid mine yesterday 599 for 6 months. I'll really have to do a reality check in 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

You have a 2.9L car?

All 3.0 e60s are taxed at the 2901-3000 cc rate (pre '08 of course) as they are actually 2925 cc (afair)

You have a 2.9L car?

Yep can't remember exact cc but I presume CHP is correct :)
    Tax is killing me and I'm fed up. Like Alan a reality check is needed I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

YbFocus wrote: »

Sure is a pain in the hole taxed mine for the year last week 1494 it stings handing over that much money. Still love the car though make it worth while or at least I'm convincing myself it does :cool:.

Get a 1.6L Citroen Saxo and you'll have just as much fun driving that since it's such a little box.

Also, cheaper on tax & insurance, so it's a win-win. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Changed the pollen / cabin filter this morning before having breakfast. So, I took off the glove box and saw this:

vjOKIHhl.jpg

So I had to unscrew the metal piece going across and move it down so I have room to take out the filter.

6C583sPl.jpg

Here it is with the filter taken out.

1m6bxAHl.jpg

...and here's the new and the old filter for comparison. :)

Did mine last week,must be the season for it,looked like the one in that pic:o

Took 5 minutes as everything is just clips so it's pop off the glovebox & the lid of the filter holder then replace it & pop everything back.

Borrow a 1.4 car for a week and then you'll realise how much the 3L is worth it.

Following cabin filter fever that's going on round here I went enquiring. Noone but main stealers stock them. 30 euro with handy discount. 3fecking8 euro list price.

And checked its the same housing they just dont fit the filter. Simple job. Hope it sorts my filthy windows.

08 Renault trafic btw

Yep filter just clicks into std housing.

Yeah, it's the pollen filter changing season! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Yeah that's my problem too, for two reasons.
    1- it p!sses me off paying 1494 per annum
    2- it is the reason I can't sell her.

I really like the car but in reality it is costing over €500 a month before fuel and wear+tear. This is why I'm selling it, despite it being a cracking car - the fastest car I've ever owned by a long, long shot - I can't sell it and it is annoying sitting on a depreciating asset that you can't sell.

[/rant]

• Advertisement

Today I ordered four Unisport RainExpert tyres from oponoe.ie. Having them fitted in City Tyres in Walkinstown (getting them delivered straight to them).

Get a 1.6L Citroen Saxo and you'll have just as much fun driving that since it's such a little box.

Also, cheaper on tax & insurance, so it's a win-win. :D

Ah I don't know man, I've driven a vtr (or vts whichever is the 1.6) and it'd hardly stand to a 530. And I'd be losing my comfort and all.

Being a "performance" car I'd say my insurance would go up from circa 600 If anything.
    It'd get it hard to do 40mpg and it'd Blow up doing 40k miles per annum!

Ah I don't know man, I've driven a vtr (or vts whichever is the 1.6) and it'd hardly stand to a 530. And I'd be losing my comfort and all.

Being a "performance" car I'd say my insurance would go up from circa 600 If anything.
    It'd get it hard to do 40mpg and it'd Blow up doing 40k miles per annum!

Can i interest you in joining the sweedish brigade? :pac:

1.9 tid and all the comforts of a bmw ;) and more stuff to mes with if you get the right model too!

Can i interest you in joining the sweedish brigade? :pac:

1.9 tid and all the comforts of a bmw ;) and more stuff to mes with if you get the right model too!

They do interest me, I'm mad to get a look at yours as I've said :)

They make great planes so the cars must be good :)

Bloody mobile!

They do interest me, I'm mad to get a look at yours as I've said :)

They make great planes so the cars must be good :)

Well you're welcome over any day, but once its up and running you'l see the real fun from it :D

A big volvo or saab with a 1.9 turbo diesel will not perform as good as a 1.6 petrol saxo. :P

A big volvo or saab with a 1.9 turbo diesel will not perform as good as a 1.6 petrol saxo. :P

I'll see about that in a few weeks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

My 1.9TD will quite easily outperform one ;)

• Advertisement

I'll see about that in a few weeks ;)

You're gonna buy a Saxo? :D
    dgt wrote: »
    My 1.9TD will quite easily outperform one ;)

I would love to see that, heheh.

Advertisement