Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'll see about that in a few weeks ;)

Your Saab ain't turf!

DGT's turf burner is something else though. I've never driven such a free revving diesel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

GvidoR wrote: »
    I would love to see that, heheh.

Check post #1 on this very thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

YbFocus wrote: »
    and it'd hardly stand to a 530.

DGT's 1.9 nearly out performed your 530.
    dgt wrote: »
    My 1.9TD will quite easily outperform one ;)

DGT's 1.9 nearly out performed your 530.

That was with 4 people in the car and a boot full of crap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That was with 4 people in the car and a boot full of crap! :pac:

Are you serious, that would slow a car down alot.

• Advertisement

Are you serious, that would slow a car down alot.

Yep myself, lady dgt, DZ and another young fella.... Toolbox in the boot and my box of spare filters/fuse boxes/ecu's etc :p

Only YB can tell us how many passengers he had at the time!

*Disclaimer: This is in reference to an experiment on who could reach 120 first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Yep myself, lady dgt, DZ and another young fella.... Toolbox in the boot and my box of spare filters/fuse boxes/ecu's etc :p

*Disclaimer: This is in reference to an experiment on who could reach 120 first :)

120 whats :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Lightyears :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

2007 BMW X5 Dension 500S BT installed, plays iPod/USB Sticks on the idrive.
    Artists/Albums/Genre etc selection.

1.JPG

Coding the iPOD function to the car

2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG

Excuse ma French

10.JPG
    11.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Where's the iPod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

You messed up that install shurre it's all in French ! :p

GvidoR wrote: »
    Where's the iPod?

In the glovebox, at the end of that black lead sticking out

You messed up that install shurre it's all in French ! :p

Yeah it is called a Frug (Frog Bug) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I had myself and 2 and couldn't believe my eyes.
    It was neck and neck in fairness. Mine only began to pull at the top end.

Like in the very high lightyears ;)

It's a truely ridiculous car dgt fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

bmstuff wrote: »
    2007 BMW X5 Dension 500S BT installed, plays iPod/USB Sticks on the idrive.
    Whats under the bonnet that it's only averaged 21.9mpg over nearly 1000km? :D

Top Dog wrote: »
    Whats under the bonnet that it's only averaged 21.9mpg over nearly 1000km? :D

3.0 D, they are known to be not that effective MPG wise.
    You would probably achieve the same with the 4.8i V8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Did a Quick Shifter install a couple nights ago.

Only things i needed were a 10mm open ended spanner and an allen key, makes alot of difference to the gear changes (like shaking hands with an old woman which is a no no for a high performance hatch), much more direct and slightly shorter throw.

Bit's i needed + some silicone grease to lubricate new higher positioned balljoint.
    ne6j.jpg

Gaiter and knob removed now to pop out original balljoint housing
    37d3.jpg

That done a tight squeeze to get my bear paws down abit to remove the linkage from the original fork (pull forward and away spring loaded jobby)
    dmz6.jpg

New aftermarket higher positioned fork and back plate in position and tighened to hand tight +1/4 turn
    kcpi.jpg

Now to slide new ball joint housing down the gearstick to 4mm above lowest position and tighten to same torque as last bit for a 40% shorter throw (can be adjusted between 3-6mm as per manufacturers insutructions).
    s3qv.jpg

Now just a case of putting a dab of silicone grease on new aftermarket balljoint and popping the cover back on.
    4z0p.jpg

Gaiter and knob back on and good to go 15 minutes later (it's really a 2 minute job second time around)

Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bmstuff wrote: »
    3.0 D, they are known to be not that effective MPG wise.
    You would probably achieve the same with the 4.8i V8

I don't know about that, decided to check my mpg on the trip computer for the first time in months the other day and it was reading 21.7mpg and that on a 330i would hate to think what I would be getting on a 4.8 V8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Today i changed wishbone... last one already. 1 was changed last year (steel one, passenger side), about 3 weeks ago i changed aluminium wishbones/track control arms (both sides) and today was time for "last" one.. steel one on driver side and now i'm looking for tires... Goodyear Eagle F1 255/35/R18 - i'll start with two front ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Any noticeable difference between the steel and aluminium other than the weight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

For some reason there is one aluminium and one steel it's not that i could choose between aluminium and steel, i had to buy both. The different i could see is a color.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

All 3.0 e60s are taxed at the 2901-3000 cc rate (pre '08 of course) as they are actually 2925 cc (afair)

They are 2993cc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Well technically I didn't do anything to the car, apart from clean the windows after, but today i got my first "professional car wash" done. Wanted to see if they do a better job than myself, meh I think we're pretty much on par...

bjea28.jpg

301fxhv.jpg

And here I just wanted to practice my photography skills :D
    2e4iu4m.jpg

Nothing great but it made my day :P Don't wanna move it, because it'll be filthy again by the weekend :(

All the mondeo needs is a set of mud guards. Looks well though.

For some reason there is one aluminium and one steel it's not that i could choose between aluminium and steel, i had to buy both. The different i could see is a color.

What car is it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I've been looking out, and very little have mud guards. Would it have been an optional extra when new :confused: Will look into a set though!

Everything is an optional extra with ford. Fordpartsuk would be cheaper than a ford dealer here, then just use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hal1 wrote: »
    What car is it again?

Mercedes CLGhey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Heard lots of squeaking from the brakes on the MG ZR the past week so I decided to change the brake pads ASAP.
    Managed to get the caliper off (after up-ending my hand on the disk) only to notice the brake pads were actually OK! About 50% worn, give or take.
    I replaced the pads anyway in hopes it would stop the squeaking. Surprsingly, it fixed it completely.
    Can finally brake with wanting to tear my hair out! Very easy job to do yourself too. Next up (assuming nothing goes) is a service which is due in around 1k miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just replaced my hazard lights/lock switch as the old one was fooked. I finally have my hazards back!

This is the (manky) old one:

291263.JPG

Advertisement