Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Mister Man wrote: »
    Heard lots of squeaking from the brakes on the MG ZR the past week so I decided to change the brake pads ASAP.
    Managed to get the caliper off (after up-ending my hand on the disk) only to notice the brake pads were actually OK! About 50% worn, give or take.
    I replaced the pads anyway in hopes it would stop the squeaking. Surprsingly, it fixed it completely.
    Can finally brake with wanting to tear my hair out! Very easy job to do yourself too. Next up (assuming nothing goes) is a service which is due in around 1k miles.

Soft braking will do that. Few aggressive stops solves it.

Today I poked stuff in my van extensively. Got bloody nowhere.

Id say I need live data feed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I fitted a pair of tinted side indicators, not sure what to make of them though. I'll make my mind up soon:rolleyes:
    1619080_10202047627206823_872822310_n.jpg
    1781917_10202048111938941_1671041261_n.jpg

Shocking photography in fairness:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Photography may be shocking but the car surely isn't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What is wrong with Ford Europe?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

So today I finally got a few bits done to the car.

-Dewipered the rear windshield.

-Mounted a phone holder to my centre console as I purchased a blutooth OBD device which sends the data to my phone.

-changed out the standard dipped bulbs for some osram nightbreakers.

Still have a few bits to be done over the coming weeks.

Have a full turbo back exhaust system ready to go on, just waiting for a new splitter I ordered to arrive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why did you dewiper the rear windscreen? Is that not a dangerous thing to do due to spray from mucky roads building up and you won't be able to see cars behind you??

OSI wrote: »
    I'd imagine the fact they'd sell a total of 3 of them would be a major turn off.

I said Europe, not Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Why did you dewiper the rear windscreen? Is that not a dangerous thing to do due to spray from mucky roads building up and you won't be able to see cars behind you??

That would be a concern to some people alright. Just prefer the look without it. I'd keep my car pretty clean aswell so I never use it anyway

I has no rear wiper on the Almera for months because it was ripped off, never once needed it since I'm not a bogger. :D

OSI wrote: »
    Still wouldn't sell.

Why not?
    I can see it selling in the UK and across the continent to problem. Ford are a big seller everywhere, add a new high performer to the Euro range and I'd say it'd sell easy.
    No shortage of ST's and RS's about. Plenty of Holden's too, are you just basing everything on everyone wanting a Golf GTI for the cheap tax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Did an oil and oil filter change on my little beast :D

Had to use the screwdriver method to get filter off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

GvidoR wrote: »
    Did an oil and oil filter change on my little beast :D

Had to use the screwdriver method to get filter off.

Filter remover in halfords, best 13 quid ive ever spent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Filter remover in halfords, best 13 quid ive ever spent ;)
    Bit of elbow grease and some plastic gloves normally works for me

The screwdriver worked like a charm. Don't know if I'll bother getting the filter remover unless I win the lottery or something. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

CianRyan wrote: »
    What is wrong with Ford Europe?! :mad:

The fact that they sell a 1.0 and 1.2 here and the same models get 2.0+ (and sometimes v6) configurations elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Bit of elbow grease and some plastic gloves normally works for me

Not fun if old filter rubber gasket hasn't been oiled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Not fun if old filter rubber gasket hasn't been oiled

Once it's not over tightened you can. Any filter I put on I can remove by hand again :)

The fact that they sell a 1.0 and 1.2 here and the same models get 2.0+ (and sometimes v6) configurations elsewhere!

Other countries can afford to insure and tax those 2.0+ models

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CianRyan wrote: »
    I has no rear wiper on the Almera for months because it was ripped off, never once needed it since I'm not a bogger. :D

Didn't realise they banished rain from the pale. Unless you've magically changed how aerodynamics work, hatchbacks have a rear wiper for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

WAIT!
    Since when was the GTI cheap to tax, I certainly wouldnt call what I pay on mine cheap!
    That's certainly an indictment of the tax system if that's what's considered cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Does the car look better with or without the plate surround?? I can't decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

weekaizer wrote: »

Much better without, cleaner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

@weekaizer - My 2c, I think it's better without, a lot of text on the surround, draws your eye away from the pretty awesome front end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

without imo esp with the stigma of having a donegal reg:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Oil and filter change done. Didn't do the oil level sensor which is a pain in the hoop, but I'll do it in 6 months I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Without it shall stay! Il keep the rear one in place though!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Put on the E36 M3 GT splitter. Not completely done yet but no hurry as the car is off the road. Ignore the mess around it. Temporary storage.

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

Next on the list for this car is the spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A few years ago it would have been cool because it was unusual (much like the plate itself)
    I'd say without. Not a fan of that white stripe around the edge of the plate (outside the black outline) would look class otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Without it shall stay! Il keep the rear one in place though!

That's a nice car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It never ceases to amaze me the difference an oil and filter change makes. My car only covered 3000 miles in the year since the last one, but there's a significant difference in how smooth it feels.

If there wasn't talk of storms tomorrow I'd be doing a coolant flush and possibly a fuel filter replacement. But ah well.

Advertisement