Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Not unless your flying along or generating immense heat, which very few of us do ;)

Well that didn't really clear anything up. Anyway, I'll just order this and... well... yeah!

$T2eC16VHJG8E9nyfnffNBQOJrp,74Q~~60_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

GvidoR wrote: »
    Well that didn't really clear anything up. Anyway, I'll just order this and... well... yeah!

Yay yellow.

Halfords do Hammerite yellow aerosol also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Hurrah!

So other than the leads and paint, what else are you after?

Yay yellow.

Halfords do Hammerite yellow aerosol also

I already ordered it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I meant to ask back when you originally posted the pic of the sei, what's written in tippex?

Timing Belt & Water Pump are the first two, can't make out the last one though?

• Advertisement

My brake calipers are all rusted or corroded or something ( they're gone brown anyway, whatever it is :P) I must get onto that....

My brake calipers are all rusted or corroded or something ( they're gone brown anyway, whatever it is :P) I must get onto that....

My rear ones need doing, and the fronts need a cleaning, might do it tomorrow night

My rear ones need doing, and the fronts need a cleaning, might do it tomorrow night

That would involve taking off the wheel... and I'm not in a position to do that after my little incident with the wheel brace a few months back....Still haven't replaced it...

That would involve taking off the wheel... and I'm not in a position to do that after my little incident with the wheel brace a few months back....Still haven't replaced it...

Ohhh yeah :pac:

Well if you're ever over my way drop in! :D

Tomorrow night? Must be nice to have a garage. :pac:

• Advertisement

Tomorrow night? Must be nice to have a garage. :pac:

A garage?? Oh no I have a driveway :pac: no fancy garage here! All you need is a lamp sure :)

Perhaps you're right, I guess I just don't have a decent lamp though because nothing looks how it's supposed to in the artificial light that I have. :P

Perhaps you're right, I guess I just don't have a decent lamp though because nothing looks how it's supposed to in the artificial light that I have. :P

Halfords is your friend there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Not unless your flying along or generating immense heat, which very few of us do ;)

Not like bikes. My disks turned bluey purple after one spirited spin
    A garage?? Oh no I have a driveway :pac: no fancy garage here! All you need is a lamp sure :)

Dont forget a umbrella. I always seem to do stuff in the wet and rain especially drum brakes.

Well my obd2 bluetooth yoke finally arrived after almost 3 weeks. And it didnt work. So I cut the outer case off. Repaired and now it works but its just a circuit board hanging down.

Got a loan of a spanner from one of my lecturers ironically enough, some cillit bang, wire brushes, paint brushes and a led light, gona start on the car again when i get home, working in partial darkness = fuuuun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Got a loan of a spanner from one of my lecturers ironically enough, some cillit bang, wire brushes, paint brushes and a led light, gona start on the car again when i get home, working in partial darkness = fuuuun :rolleyes:

I find partial darkness worse than full darkness for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Priced some 501 White LEDs around a few motor factors and they're crazy money. So got some online on Amazon. 12 for around €6.

Did the door lights and interior map lights this evening.

Very happy, although the brightness has highlighted the amount of muck that needs clearing out of the car in terms of bottles and general tat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Not today :pac:: But a while back I changed the reverse bulbs to LED - some difference not too many before and afters:

BEFORE:

6lcv.jpg

AFTER:

lvxg.jpg

fze5.jpg

Bulbs side by side:

zkwp.jpg

Driveway shots:

fn0r.jpg

05t4.jpg

gerardk55 wrote: »
    Priced some 501 White LEDs around a few motor factors and they're crazy money. So got some online on Amazon. 12 for around €6.

Did the door lights and interior map lights this evening.

Very happy, although the brightness has highlighted the amount of muck that needs clearing out of the car in terms of bottles and general tat!

I've got them in my footwells. Very good LED's and cheap too! Working well 4 months on anyway! :)

What an absolute fcuking hoor of a job to get this cnuty thing off

2cqcl5w.jpg

A lesson in mechanics!

I was using a filter remover to do the job, but the filter was on so tight it kept slipping, so what i done was got the largest socket i had and done this

2z8n42g.jpg

Tightened it and loosened it accordingly and bit by bit it came loose

This is what greeted me, it's like someone had a dodgy curry or vindaloo and sh1t down the into the filter :o

vdntwx.jpg

30mol11.jpg

and the new one :D

2e3zlgj.jpg

• Advertisement

^ I've learnt after many oil changes a cup wrench is your only man or the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You need to invest in some serious lighting if this is the hours of work for yourself.

You're always in the dark man :)

^ I've learnt after many oil changes a cup wrench is your only man or the job ;)

Where can i acquire one of these ;)
    YbFocus wrote: »
    You need to invest in some serious lighting if this is the hours of work for yourself.

You're always in the dark man :)

*bane voice* i am the darkness!

I really do, i need to get out to tesco in naas, they have a few cheap floodlight things going, would be awful handy

*bane voice* i am the darkness!

I really do, i need to get out to tesco in naas, they have a few cheap floodlight things going, would be awful handy

Halfords are very cheap for them man, but it's basically a full on 500w yard light on a small manageable frame. Keeps you warm and annoys the hell or if neighbours also :P

Halfords are very cheap for them man, but it's basically a full on 500w yard light on a small manageable frame. Keeps you warm and annoys the hell or if neighbours also :P

Any linkys? :) again getting to halfords is a problem haha lack of transport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Mcquillans on Capel Street;)

Where can i acquire one of these ;)

You'll need to find out the exact size of the filter on your car so it fits snug - I got a laser one for €7 for the MR2 and it was the only job - I was using the metal one you were using and it was a cnut to get off...

I have this in my ebay watch list: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110910635034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If you use parcel motel it works out at £22GBP + €3.50 realisitically that should cover most car makes.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Mcquillans on Capel Street;)

Went there today and they had none! :eek:
    You'll need to find out the exact size of the filter on your car so it fits snug - I got a laser one for €7 for the MR2 and it was the only job - I was using the metal one you were using and it was a cnut to get off...

I have this in my ebay watch list: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110910635034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If you use parcel motel it works out at £22GBP + €3.50 realisitically that should cover most car makes.

Much obliged good sir! :D

I'll talk to the chap I know in the Portlaoise branch, he got me one for €3.50 while they were on a deal before then adding about 86 discounts to achieve the price :)

He's a good chap to know :)

• Advertisement

I'll talk to the chap I know in the Portlaoise branch, he got me one for €3.50 while they were on a deal before then adding about 86 discounts to achieve the price :)

He's a good chap to know :)

He sounds it! I might be able to get down or work something out anywyas

Advertisement