Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Probably the most boring update you'll read today...

DSC00691_zps094d98e6.jpg

Before...

DSC00697_zps6aff00f9.jpg

...and after. :) It's the small things, right? I also need a new screen protector for my phone before anyone says anything.

I got a few other bits and pieces in the post today, but going to save fitting them for a another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

You must have this thread confused with "Today I did something to my phone" thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Fitted an armrest, I was sick of living like an animal :DDSC_0002_zpsqruzdy7d.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Probably the most boring update you'll read today...

...and after. :) It's the small things, right? I also need a new screen protector for my phone before anyone says anything.

I got a few other bits and pieces in the post today, but going to save fitting them for a another while.

Where did you get the iPhone cradle or did it come with the new radio? I need to get one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

today i paid for 3 months tax, my insurance disk came today, got a sump nut and fitted that and filled it up with 4.5 litres of mobil 1 liquid gold, then filled the tank

Today has been an expensive day to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

today i paid for 3 months tax, my insurance disk came today, got a sump nut and fitted that and filled it up with 4.5 litres of mobil 1 liquid gold, then filled the tank

Today has been an expensive day to say the least

Somebody is in the money, that they can fill to the brim :pac::pac:

Somebody is was in the money, that they can fill to the brim :pac::pac:

Fixed that there for ya :pac::pac:

Fixed that there for ya :pac::pac:
    At least you can use it to find out your "true" mpg.

At least you can use it to find out your "true" mpg.

Sweet feck all :pac:

Although having said that i got to dublin and back to my house on 15 euro the other night which is a fair distance, and i wasn't driving slow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Bpmull wrote: »
    Where did you get the iPhone cradle or did it come with the new radio? I need to get one soon.

Looks like a brodit pro clip. Expensive but the best by a long way and the clip part is vehicle specific.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Looks like a brodit pro clip. Expensive but the best by a long way and the clip part is vehicle specific.

Just looked up the website there for them they look like a great piece of kit. They have 3 different mounting brackets for the focus 2 for different spots on the centre console and one for just over the light switch. It's definitely worth considering when I go to buy a cradle they probably are one of the better types.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Think I have my issue sorted.

Positive battery cable was loose in the engine bay, took it off, gritted it down as there was some minimal corrosion on it and then screwed it back on properly. Ran the car for 20 minutes and saw no ill effects. Fingers crossed that's it sorted. The car wasn't showing any error codes either which is good! Cheers for the input gents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

Brodit proclips are good, but last I looked very phone specific - ie no good if you had a case.
    Have they a decent universal one these days?

Also, let no one tell you a 05 forester takes a 380 brake/tail bulb - its a 580, despite what the online guides say. Just fitted 2. Glad I checked what thehe bulb looked like before buying.

New window motor on the mini. What a pain of a job, id imagine its not cheap if you were to pay for it. Done 3 now in 5 years, never want to do another. If I do I want the special bmw tool and a glaziers suction handle thing before I touch a door card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Sweet feck all :pac:

Although having said that i got to dublin and back to my house on 15 euro the other night which is a fair distance, and i wasn't driving slow ;)

Downhill both ways yeah? :P

Even in the carina or the uber green superb I wouldnt get that easily - especially if I was pushing her on a bit.

Put on the wiper.

Before
    o7tWJGUl.jpg

After
    Jus3Yp3l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

^^^^^^

Something that I would never have even thought of doing but is a lot better looking :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

Something that I would never have even thought of doing but is a lot better looking :)

It's the little things :)

That wiper is tiny! Is it any good? The new one looks good btw.

That wiper is tiny! Is it any good? The new one looks good btw.

It's the same size as the original, if not slightly bigger.

Covers about 75-80% of the window like any other wiper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Is 22.1 psi high for diesel boost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

The C5 is finally due in the garage next Monday to get the broken / sheared heater flap controls replaced with the upgraded dual zone kit (better plastic - see below). Total agreed bill (including parts + labour) is €520, I've been getting quotes of €650 up to €1000 for labour alone so it really does help to know the mechanic (who likes Citroens). The whole bleeding dashboard has to come out amazingly! Cheers again to Row for the advice, be lost without that man :P

164100298.jpg

Just such a shame this wasn't fixed while it was in warranty because this is a well known issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

corkgsxr wrote: »

That's 1.5 bar :eek: What's that in?

Bpmull wrote: »
    Just looked up the website there for them they look like a great piece of kit. They have 3 different mounting brackets for the focus 2 for different spots on the centre console and one for just over the light switch. It's definitely worth considering when I go to buy a cradle they probably are one of the better types.

Couldn't think of the name of it :o Yes, it's a ProClip mount. They're fairly sturdy but I had to use some velcro on the bottom of mine where it clips underneath the centre console trim on the gearbox tunnel to get it to hold in place as it kept popping out. You can get different holders depending on case size too AFAIR.

Mine runs 1.5 bar (320D), so sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Jesus I never realised diesels run at that kind of boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

YbFocus wrote: »
    That's 1.5 bar :eek: What's that in?
    08 trafic 115 hp 2 litre
    Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Couldn't think of the name of it :o Yes, it's a ProClip mount. They're fairly sturdy but I had to use some velcro on the bottom of mine where it clips underneath the centre console trim on the gearbox tunnel to get it to hold in place as it kept popping out. You can get different holders depending on case size too AFAIR.

Mine runs 1.5 bar (320D), so sounds about right.

Do you know what yours boosts at 1500 and 2000 revs.
    YbFocus wrote: »
    Jesus I never realised diesels run at that kind of boost.

I was surprised too but I knew it was alot pressure compared to petrol. I would bhave guessed 10/12 psi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The newer turbo diesels run much higher compression.boost levels don't they? That would explain that, but 1.5bar is still quite high alright, lucky it's only for a small rev range or you might be going through turbo's fairly regularly (if it's a small one that is). :)

Do you know what yours boosts at 1500 and 2000 revs.

Mine is usually on full boost by around 1,600RPM (which is 1.5 bar) I'd have to get someone to sit in with me to watch the boost gauge to see if it sustains that level of boost to the redline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Have ran my 406 on 28psi/2bar before with the merc turbo. Normally run it at 24psi

Its not about the boost but what it can flow. Assuming your van has a GT series turbo it has a light rotating mass so can spool up quickly and as a result will run out of its efficiency range at high rpms. A GT 15 producing 20psi of boost will feel fast but a GT28 producing the same boost will be far. More fun and be under a lot less stress.

Theres a trade off between a high flow rate and boost developed. My 406 suits my long distance driving style and starts to develop boost about the 1200 mark and full boost by 2800, despite what some ignorant dopey high horse clueless f*cks think its a perfect long distance cruiser that can fly when needed. In the city its fairly crap but for most of my driving it suits perfect

Youd be better off trying to fit a GT2259v and getting a higher flow rate rather than overworking the smaller turbo. Hiking it a small bit is no harm but try not to go over 24psi (those GT turbos love to snap their shafts)

A more efficient cooler is a huge help. Or if that isn't possible, water injection.

I'm rambling by now.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

advertsfox wrote: »
    The C5 is finally due in the garage next Monday to get the broken / sheared heater flap controls replaced with the upgraded dual zone kit (better plastic - see below). Total agreed bill (including parts + labour) is €520, I've been getting quotes of €650 up to €1000 for labour alone so it really does help to know the mechanic (who likes Citroens). The whole bleeding dashboard has to come out amazingly! Cheers again to Row for the advice, be lost without that man :P

Just such a shame this wasn't fixed while it was in warranty because this is a well known issue.

Looks like the 407 shares the same heater box... I know somebody with the same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

mloc123 wrote: »
    Looks like the 407 shares the same heater box... I know somebody with the same issue.
    It does indeed, identical parts - http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/407-heater-control-repair-kits-peugeot-21728/

Advertisement