Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

What car? I know in my case that my boost "target" is related to engine load - not just rpm. I might never catch sustained boost over 5psi unless there was a good hill.

Renault trafic 2L diesel. And thats full throttle on slight hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Renault trafic 2L diesel. And thats full throttle on slight hill
    Well we've already exceeded my helpfulness so - hopefully someone knowledgeable can row in...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You need to get into the revs to get the gases flowing and spool the turbo man :)
    That sounds like it's coming grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Don't so this. You'll end up buying a 12 litre BMW or a 1.9 VAG :pac:

Nope, he's gonna buy a Mistubishi Colt. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Changed the rear o2 sensor. Took a bit of persuading but eventually came off(actually I did that yesterday).

Today I washed my car and changed the gearbox oil in the sisters avensis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I washed the car for the first time in probably 5 months :o - it was filthy - gave it a coat of CG blacklight and of course being Ireland it started to drizzle before I could buff it off fully -

- In fairness the colur really stands out today - Probably get another coat of blacklight and the some cg7

These were taken yesterday

gx8s.jpg

x54o.jpg

1c35.jpg

dvl5.jpg

...oh and boo to imageshack - they are starting to charge for uploads now - moving on to the next freebie image host!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

...oh and boo to imageshack - they are starting to charge for uploads now - moving on to the next freebie image host!

http://pix.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

erin did you get your wheels refurbed by wheel wizards? How are they holding up?

Wow, so shiny. :cool:

• Advertisement

erin did you get your wheels refurbed by wheel wizards? How are they holding up?

I did yeah - they are fine almost kerbed them once but the 205's on the front saved them - the moment of dispair when I heard that noise :o

only issue is a stone chip on the rim of one of the back wheel but thats life - yeah think I got them donw over a year ago and no issues as of yet * touch wood *.

• Moderators Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Its arrived!!
    17.jpg15.jpg

295154.jpg

Now to find a long weekend to rip my car apart! :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Got the GTI serviced a few days ago with spark plugs as well. Also got a new coil pack / coils done under VW recall warranty (it's a '06 btw - so anybody with a MK5 GTI should check with a VW garage to see if they are entitled). I have to say it feels bloody delicious to drive again. Like it has got a nice little shot in the arm.

I ordered a can of yellow caliper paint and today I got a letter in the post saying that the parcel contained items prohibited as dangerous goods and it is disposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

OSI wrote: »
    Just like every other supposed recall and extended warranty, VW Ireland told me to bugger off when I asked about getting my dead coil packs replaced.

Really? I learned about the recall about 3 years ago, had it booked in several times but had to cancel due to dates changing in work. I had rang several VW garages, once they had my reg, they checked it up on their system and it came back each time that I was entitled to the coil work. It depends on the year / engine code etc. I got mine done in Hogans in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

GvidoR wrote: »
    I ordered a can of yellow caliper paint and today I got a letter in the post saying that the parcel contained items prohibited as dangerous goods and it is disposed.

Like I said you can get the hammerite yellow aerosol on halfrauds its high temp hammerite too think.

Odd that though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GvidoR wrote: »

I hate when things like that happen. Same happened me about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I did yeah - they are fine almost kerbed them once but the 205's on the front saved them - the moment of dispair when I heard that noise :o

only issue is a stone chip on the rim of one of the back wheel but thats life - yeah think I got them donw over a year ago and no issues as of yet * touch wood *.

And was it sports silver you went for or brilliant silver?

And was it sports silver you went for or brilliant silver?

Not sure I asked them to get it as close to OEM as possible its a bright silver finish - they did an excellent job considering the state of the wheels

Its arrived!!
    17.jpg15.jpg

295154.jpg

Now to find a long weekend to rip my car apart! :D:eek:

Thats class- I initially thought it was one of those tacky illuminated badged

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Not working on my cars very much due to lack of time and other priorities. However, here's a rear brake overhaul on a Seicento
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    I meant to ask back when you originally posted the pic of the sei, what's written in tippex?

Finally got round to getting a snap. Nearly sure it's Polish....
    Image1162.jpg

Back to the Sei. Feather light wheels and tyres
    Image1153.jpg

2 x 12mm guide studs and out with the hammer
    Image1154.jpg

Simple setup is simple. 2 springs, 2 clips, adjusts on an eccentric pivot. Levers activate the handbrake, which in this car were seized (common cento gripe)
    Image1155.jpg

Vice grips to remove the springs
    Image1156.jpg

2 minutes later, all off
    Image1157.jpg

New shoes
    Image1158.jpg

Then adjust the handbrake under the heatshield
    Image1159.jpg

Done! Except we weren't. Wheel cylinders seized :mad:

£8 and a week later
    Image1161.jpg

Process I didn't get on camera as it was at 11 last night. 2 bolts, 1 union. Drum off, handbrake up, pistons in and remove the lot. A 10 minute job and the longest part was getting the tools out!

To the next post....

To a 156 now..... ;)

Remember this 156?
    Image930.jpg

Of course you don't, why should you!

Let's see how much progress I've made with it....

Carpets out
    Image1165.jpg

Sound deadening out. It weighs a fair bit, it'll be on the chop when I'm on the project car ;)
    Image1166.jpg

Ready?
    Image1167.jpg

Interior
    Image1168.jpg

This interesting piece is where the engine loom for the V6 goes through. Genius! I'll get a snap of the loom in due time
    Image1170.jpg

What was wrong with this car? Well....
    Image1169.jpg

Scuttle panel
    Image1171.jpg

Oh dear!
    Image1172.jpg

I still have to remove the ABS module and a few clips. This was the last main part to disassemble: the panel that holds the brake/clutch master servo and pedals. 5 bolts and a hape of sealant!!!
    Image1173.jpg

All that copper for me!

And that's it! Farewell to the doctors car tomorrow morning :) one less V6 156 in Ireland....

But.... What's next for one of my 156's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Haha, yer mad !

Haha, yer mad !

You know I'm really mad when the consaw comes out :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

I love how their is just a random car on its side :pac::pac::pac:

GE90 wrote: »
    I love how their is just a random car on its side :pac::pac::pac:

Not just any old car, another 156 V6 with polybushes, Konis, drilled/grooved discs, EBC pads, custom exhaust, 17's bla bla bla..... It was some hoor to go and something else in the corners ;)

And I lost the only f*ckin key I had for it! :(:(:(

A rare appearance by me in this vid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Apparently I made history in dgts today as the first person with a sweedish car in his yard, so that counts as something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I washed the car for the first time in probably 5 months :o - it was filthy - gave it a coat of CG blacklight and of course being Ireland it started to drizzle before I could buff it off fully -

- In fairness the colur really stands out today - Probably get another coat of blacklight and the some cg7

The car looks fantastic, a real credit to the effort you put in last year, savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Those needle nose vice grips are a godsend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

@ DGT, it means starter motor

Advertisement