Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Ofcourse I know where it normally goes, sure that's where it was when I bought it, but yano...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I can see what you are going for, but really if it's not an Alfa Romeo or Ferrari just leave the plate where the baby jeebus intended. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

GvidoR wrote: »
    Should I put it behind the windscreen instead?
    I know where it normally goes

You sure about that? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Today I got a nice surprise and got my tax paid for :D So I proceeded to get wheel arch liners and actually begin to have some sort of life again

Huzzah!

Oh my, everyone is against me. :D

But must we all drive the same car? ...if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

If you think putting your number plate in an awkward place sets you apart from the rest of the felty VW gang, you need your head checked. Obviously you want to drive the "same car" as you're just coping everyone else's felt too

If you think putting your number plate in an awkward place sets you apart from the rest of the felty VW gang, you need your head checked. Obviously you want to drive the "same car" as you're just coping everyone else's felt too

Where did that come from? I was just stating a point. It had nothing to do with the number plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yay! New Parking Sensor module arrived. Bit awkward to get at in the space on the right of the boot.. but I managed it. So now instead of just beeping, I get:

20130723_174306.jpg

Cool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Your car - do whatever you want with it. You liking it is what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Yay! New Parking Sensor module arrived. Bit awkward to get at in the space on the right of the boot.. but I managed it. So now instead of just beeping, I get:

20130723_174306.jpg

Cool! :D

So how long did it take you before you stopped trying to put your key in the non existent ignition to the right of the steering wheel? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Celtxx wrote: »
    So how long did it take you before you stopped trying to put your key in the non existent ignition to the right of the steering wheel? :)

That part actually isn't a problem believe it or not as I'm left-handed so it suits me fine where it is now... but I usually leave it running for a minute to spin down while I get myself together, grab the laptop bag out of the back etc - and yes I've found myself reaching for the keys on the wrong side a few times! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Umm.. wha.. wha.. what's wrong with it?

If you want an alfa, buy an alfa.
    It doesn't sit right with the car.
    It'd be akin to putting the number plate in the centre of my 156? It'd just be wrong.

I'll just put this here...

"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."

We're only saying it looks terrible. What you do with that opinion is up to you.

Sometimes offsetting the numberplate works well, but it all depends on positioning, quality of the mount and whether the car looks well enough to do it. There's some BMW on here that has its jap style numberplate offset, and it looks great. A guy at work had his RX-8 numberplate offset and it looked awful.
    The De-badging is another story. The gap in the bonnet is very offputting to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On the bora subject, if there was a massive intercooler or something that meant the number plate couldn't go in the middle fair enough.
    As it is, it just looks silly.
    Just my own opinion and of course its your car and fair play if you like it. you can put the numberplate upside down on a roofrack with some coke crates and it won't affect me.
    Don't worry about what people think, that's what happens when you put pics on the interweb!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    On the bora subject, if there was a massive intercooler or something that meant the number plate couldn't go in the middle fair enough.
    As it is, it just looks silly.
    Just my own opinion and of course its your car and fair play if you like it. you can put the numberplate upside down on a roofrack with some coke crates and it won't affect me.
    Don't worry about what people think, that's what happens when you put pics on the interweb!

Thanks for the best reply on this subject. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Falling asleep at the wheel here. Take it to pm lads ktnxbai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Some adjustments were completed today :)

First, LDA adjustment
    Image858.jpg

Tweaking the throttle arm
    Image861.jpg

With such small spaces to access the turbo (worse standard)
    Image860.jpg

Gotta love these :cool:
    Image859.jpg

And that's it for now! Another problem for another day has cropped up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

dgt wrote: »

And that's it for now! Another problem for another day has cropped up :(

oil leak?

oil leak?

I think shagged intercooler. Turbo boosting very well (:cool:) pipes not blocked, engine working as normal without boost pipes....

Going to try the Iveco ones here tomorrow though :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Balls, is it beyond a radfix job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That's bull, ask any racer, any real racer it don't matter wether you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning

Gary ITR wrote: »
    That's bull, ask any racer, any real racer it don't matter wether you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning

You're either first or you're last.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You're either first or you're last.

Someone hasn't seen the first Fast & Furious :P

Someone hasn't seen the first Fast & Furious :P

I watched Talladega Nights instead!

Looks like you didn't really get the quote. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone. It doesn't really apply to racers either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Looks like you didn't really get the quote. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone. It doesn't really apply to racers either.

I did get it... But moving a reg plate to a different part of your bumper does not constitute a 'built' car. Plus I was taking the piss

Balls, is it beyond a radfix job?

Nah just another intercooler shall be clapped in :cool: I'll be testing it before changing it anyway :)

Be jaypers this numberplate lark has gone on for 3 pages now.... :confused:

I did get it... But moving a reg plate to a different part of your bumper does not constitute a 'built' car. Plus I was taking the piss

I know that it doesn't. I didn't say that it does.

• Advertisement

So today I tried to sort the weird issue I was having :confused:

Intercooler change. A familiar sight :pac:
    Image863.jpg

I actually changed it for one that was worse :mad:
    Image864.jpg

No difference.....

Sealed the wastegate shut
    Image865.jpg

No different...... Tried one final thing, filter off. Well...... I couldn't believe it. It works! F*ckin crappy cone filter, back to standard for me! :)

So I'm happily motoring again :) and here's a rubbish vid of a test drive on some hilly roads :D

Advertisement