Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

GvidoR wrote: »
    Would you rather drive an all stock K11 Micra?
    When you modify it, you most likely maintain it better that most car owners too.

Also, about the 1.4 the tax and insurance prices are to blame. In eastern europe, 2.0L petrol car would be looked at the same as Daewoo Matiz here.

These days I probably would :)

It was my first car so I couldn't insure anything bigger anyway, but wish I had left it boggo and waited to build my ncb and buy something crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

YbFocus wrote: »
    These days I probably would :)

It was my first car so I couldn't insure anything bigger anyway, but wish I had left it boggo and waited to build my ncb and buy something crazy!

It's a shame you regret it that much, it's not the worst example of a personalised Focus I've seen, not by a long way. The engine being what it was isn't really much to be regretful of anyway, you had a pretty decent looking first car there and it was pretty tastefully altered from standard. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself. :)

As you said yourself, you loved it at the time, that's what really matters and it's not an embarassingly bad example at all, far from it.

It's not that I regret the times, Jesus it was great Craic :)
    But the money was poured into that, depresses me now what I could have bought if I opened my eyes :)

if I said how much went into it I'd be banned I reckon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

It's not that I regret the times, Jesus it was great Craic :)
    But the money was poured into that, depresses me now what I could have bought if I opened my eyes :)

A lotah munehs?

I had my first proper experience with my on board computer today, it had the kindness to tell me my washer fluid was low, and then told me my headlight on the driver side had blown and what type of bulb to replace it with, the car is smarter than me :pac: So i gave it a wash, changed the bulb and topped up the washer fluid, slight bit of concern where the terminal is was all burnt to I'll look to getting that replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A lotah munehs?

I had my first proper experience with my on board computer today, it had the kindness to tell me my washer fluid was low, and then told me my headlight on the driver side had blown and what type of bulb to replace it with, the car is smarter than me :pac: So i gave it a wash, changed the bulb and topped up the washer fluid, slight bit of concern where the terminal is was all burnt to I'll look to getting that replaced

What type of car is that?

• Advertisement

What type of car is that?

Saab 9-5

Saab 9-5

Welcome to the world of canbus :)

Welcome to the world of canbus :)

It is....magical :pac:

It even told me that st patricks day was in a few weeks the other day

It is....magical :pac:

It even told me that st patricks day was in a few weeks the other day

It gets annoying as hell :)

The 530 monitors tyre pressures and thinks puncture if it loses 0.1psi over a week.

Oh and on another note, if you're getting bulbs and bits for it they must equal the wattage that normally goes to that bulb. Such as the headlights, if you get 30w hid's then the car will think there is a bulb gone as the h7 etc uses 55w. It will work but there won't be the correct load for the circuit to recognise it. Thus you will be driven spare with errors!

It gets annoying as hell :)

The 530 monitors tyre pressures and thinks puncture if it loses 0.1psi over a week.

Oh and on another note, if you're getting bulbs and bits for it they must equal the wattage that normally goes to that bulb. Such as the headlights, if you get 30w hid's then the car will think there is a bulb gone as the h7 etc uses 55w. It will work but there won't be the correct load for the circuit to recognise it. Thus you will be driven spare with errors!

Gotcha! yeah one of the terminals is loose on it and the bulb keeps going out, this could be a thorn in my side, so I'm gona get a new terminal, snip it from a scrapped one, and stick it in mine, I'm presuming theres a way to connect them up?

• Advertisement

dangerous-exposed-wires.jpg

:pac:

dangerous-exposed-wires.jpg

:pac:

Will i run it through the washer fluid tank too?? :pac::pac:

Best to join them within it :D

You could take your live from the motor then. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Another day, another engine out
    Image1177.jpg

Best to join them within it :D

You could take your live from the motor then. .

Ah yeah sure what could go wrong? :pac:

I'm in love with the independent inlet pipes, so shiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm in love with the independent inlet pipes, so shiny!

Unsure whether to keep them or not! Commands €20 each per pipe.... ;)

dgt wrote: »
    Unsure whether to keep them or not! Commands €20 each per pipe.... ;)

Bye shiny pipes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Whurrrs ma headlight website pm !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

There's only about 300 euro gone into mine so far (lots more if you count petrol :P) but I have big list of things to do and very little money, so I guess it's going to be a long term project slash daily car. :rolleyes:

I'll have 3 months free insurance in about 10 weeks though, so yay - that'll save me a little bit.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    I'll have 3 months free insurance in about 10 weeks though, so yay - that'll save me a little bit.

How did you get the three months free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Got loads done today :)

Service on the Passat:
    DSC_2484_zps91e8b93d.jpg

Obligatory dirty pollen filter pic (and it's only 10k KM's on it too :O)
    DSC_2485_zpsc35f39dc.jpg

Also fixed the ashtray on the E38 and found a suspicious wiring loom floating around under the drivers arm rest, anyone any ideas?
    DSC_2479_zps18424325.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I washed got my car washed for the first time since November, got good value out of that one.

Seven Worlds will Collide

maceocc2 wrote: »
    DSC_2484_zps91e8b93d.jpg

I like your socket set. Wish I had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Thanks for the link YB they don't do anything like that anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

Keep an eye on the halfords website they come up now and again at half price eoughly €150. Excellent value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Thanks :) its the 170 piece kit from halfords, got it on the "sale" price ( its always on sale) a couple years ago, if you do a bit of tinkering its well worth the investment.

Thanks for the link YB they don't do anything like that anymore :(

Ah that's crap man :(

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Thanks :) its the 170 piece kit from halfords, got it on the "sale" price ( its always on sale) a couple years ago, if you do a bit of tinkering its well worth the investment.

I have one of these and it's already paid for itself about 3 times over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Stuck a few new mats in the focus today from value car mats uk there fitted mats and cost less than 20 euro including parcel motel using the discount code I found here. First impressions they fit well the non slip back is good on them the carpet doesn't move even without the clips.

Some pics excuse the dirty carpets didn't get a chance to hoover them :)
    8BDBC01F-763F-4B11-B3E7-869AC25405C8_zpsm77vidcm.jpg

Mats for the rear
    10F1A466-C999-487B-A7CF-F623B6DA7B03_zpsxt2udku9.jpg

The mats came with clips but there is nowhere to screw them into in the floor in my car so I have to figure that out. But drove over 100km today and the mat didn't move without the clips.
    8300E003-0095-456C-A91D-3C2B8773A592_zpszlag2txi.jpg

Advertisement