Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I went on First Ireland there and put myself as an 18 year old with a full license a month and no previous experience. Got a quote for a 2003 golf gt tdi 150bhp for €1,400 or thereabouts in my own name! And that's online! Keep them in mind come renewal time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That's called an impulse purchase. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

CianRyan wrote: »

If i had a euro for everyone of those I've had....I'd be in a lot of debt :pac:

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'm very sorry for bringing this on you sg :)

Now to buy 2 dud headlight washer covers !

Look out oncoming traffic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

They're pricey enough. I'm gonna joey mod my headlights. :)

GvidoR wrote: »
    They're pricey enough. I'm gonna joey mod my headlights. :)

Que? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

...split 'em open and paint the inside of it black.

Kinda like this

IMAG0654.jpg

wolfsburg_joey_2.jpg

Ahhh i know what that is now, never knew it had a name

• Advertisement

Ahhh i know what that is now, never knew it had a name

Throw afew chicken dippers in with it and maybe a couple of roast spuds

Only job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Bit the bullet Jim? :D

Pricey investment, those bulbs don't come cheap either. I wouldn't bother with the fake washer covers, just swap them out come NCT time, no?

dar83 wrote: »
    Bit the bullet Jim? :D

Pricey investment, those bulbs don't come cheap either. I wouldn't bother with the fake washer covers, just swap them out come NCT time, no?

That's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

In the last couple of days I got around to a few bits, done the fathers front shock on his Octavia, genguine replacement and the old one put up some battle before coming out let me tell you :)

295407.jpg
    New shock in

Then I done the Nightbreakers in the 530d. A thought a few pics would help you see the improvement but they haven't come out as well as hoped, they're just taken with a phone.

295406.jpg
    Left one is the new night breaker

295405.jpg
    New light, should have really taken an old one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

CianRyan wrote: »

I think most people make too many motors related impulse purchases. I know I do, and could have bought another if the mx5 I was bidding on yesterday didnt go over 2k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Got the Imperial tyres on the front binned after some episodes of understeer. Replaced with a pair of Good Eagle F1 AS2s. Pricey but worth every cent, can notice the difference already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Ok so over the weekend I did some rust treatment on the truck. Not fixed yet but on the way.
    I also replaced the racing slicks on the carina with 4 Kormorans, it is like a different car.

Finally I got a battery, new front light bulbs and some other associated bits for the e36. She needs some new rear tyres but I will postpone getting them for a while.
    The front passenger side lights in an e36 are very difficult to access (in the dark anyway) Ill give it another go later.

I think most people make too many motors related impulse purchases. I know I do, and could have bought another if the mx5 I was bidding on yesterday didnt go over 2k :eek:

Don't worry, there'll be another one to buy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

OSI wrote: »
    Nice. I'd say the car will feel like a different animal once you get the backs sorted to. How'd the brake pads go?

The Matador MP46 Hectorra 2 is a savage tire, I've not had any grip issues with them and have 'em almost a year at this stage. I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay more for a more premium tire considering my experience to date.

Brake pads are grand, giving them their 500 mile run-in. Need to bleed the brakes since I cracked the bleeders to push back in the pistons so I'll get that done next weekend and it'll be back to business

I'm surprised matador are working out on an M3 tbh they are a fairly low end tyre in nexen/nankang territory. Still don't get me wrong miles ahead of the Chinese stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'm surprised matador are working out on an M3 tbh they are a fairly low end tyre in nexen/nankang territory. Still don't get me wrong miles ahead of the Chinese stuff.

what?

I have had Michelen Pilot Sport 3s and Goodyear Eagle F1s on the 325 and I now have Matador MP46 Hectorra 2s and they are in the same league as those tyres.

Immeasurably better than the Bridgestone Potenzas that they replaced

Not just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Would these be what I need to lower my Accord? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs-Kit-Honda-Accord-03-08-2006-2-0-CL7-/141167848531?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20de426c53
    Also would it make suspension much stiffer? Would it cost much to have them fitted?

Has to change the drivers tail lamp in my Dad's Megane today as I reversed into a street light a week or two back and cracked it. (Anyone that knows Macari's in Tallaght village will know I'm not the first...)
    Lay down in the boot, 3 nuts and a plug, easiest thing I've even done with a car.
    Thank you Renault.

I never thought i'd see renault and easy in the same sentence :pac:

On my side of things a remap might be on the cards soon

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

the drivers door on my car wouldn't lock remotely done a bit of in investigating 3 wires on the door wire harness had damaged insulation thought that was the problem so repaired them by Crimping them
    12725881755_1ce7b81216_c.jpg
    IMAG0008

that didn't work so striped the door out found and power is traveling through the repair one of the 3 was a speaker wire the others checked with a multimeter.

12726046473_d6cd76d208_c.jpg
    IMAG0009

Anyone know why the drivers door can't lock remotely

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Would these be what I need to lower my Accord? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs-Kit-Honda-Accord-03-08-2006-2-0-CL7-/141167848531?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20de426c53
    Also would it make suspension much stiffer? Would it cost much to have them fitted?

Yep they're the ones! Only you'll probably find them cheaper than DemonTweeks if you look about a bit.

It doesn't change the drive much, just makes it ever so slightly firmer but it's not very noticeable and the positives way outweigh the negatives. It should only take someone an hour to do them if they've ever done them before, it's not a huge job, but requires a ramp to make it quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

For those who followed...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87427882&postcount=1

Never had the chance to take final pictures of the finished product until today, so there you go

Wiring up the rear screens

15.JPG
    16.JPG

Custom glovebox wall

17.JPG
    18.JPG
    19.JPG
    20.JPG
    21.JPG

Video in action, selection from iPod

22.JPG
    23.JPG
    24.JPG

Custom rear screens fitted

25.JPG
    26.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

dar83 wrote: »
    Yep they're the ones! Only you'll probably find them cheaper than DemonTweeks if you look about a bit.

It doesn't change the drive much, just makes it ever so slightly firmer but it's not very noticeable and the positives way outweigh the negatives. It should only take someone an hour to do them if they've ever done them before, it's not a huge job, but requires a ramp to make it quick and easy.
    Thanks Dar I'll look around so. Might wait til warranty is up before I do it tho. I imagine the standard shocks be fine as not dropping it too much.

Yep, Eibachs are made with Standard shocks in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Advertisement