Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm not a fan of colts at all if I'm honest, but I can admire the time and effort you put into yours gvidor.
    I do think it would look better all in black. But hey, I like a hella lot of hella weird stuff :P

Thanks, Mr. Hot Pocket.

Well, yeah to each their own, I guess. I'm happy enough with the car and I'll do my best to keep improving it. If I ever manage to get a 1.6 Mivec, I'll be over the moon.

*cough* ...and speaking of hella weird stuff, you mean stuff like this? :P

43849d1261238439-driving-off-road-lights-help-hella-4000-002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Today I ordered new rear discs and pads and fully synthetic oil,
    €145 in my local motor factors (where I usually get a discount) €78 on micksgarage including priority delivery
    Same manufacturers etc, well actually branded oil vs own brand.

I got my oil, filters and other things from Micks Garage too. I stuck with free delivery they give you when you order stuff for over 30 euro but took like a week or a little longer to get the box of goodies.

I got a 10% discount from just googling it! that covered the delivery. Kinda in a rush for the discs and pads as the ones on it aren't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Hope weather is good for the next few days instead of 3 days off looking out at it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I was fooked either way with this feckin flue :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just ordered a fuel filter, will hopefully do it on Saturday. I have no idea when it was last replaced (if ever!). Will I notice any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Just ordered a fuel filter, will hopefully do it on Saturday. I have no idea when it was last replaced (if ever!). Will I notice any difference?

If it's very bad you would alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I would imagine so if it hasn't been changed in that time. It's the only defence between the tank and the pump. I think some bm's have 2 fuel filters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

The car:
    BMW e38 V12 750i with DSP

The plan:
    Get more bass and no sub box in the trunk

The kits:
    - Gladen RS150c2 2 channel amplifier
    - Pair of Gladen shallow mid bass drivers installed in the middle of the rear shelf (Inside)

The installation so far...

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG
    10.JPG
    11.JPG
    12.JPG
    13.JPG
    14.JPG
    15.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

16.JPG
    17.JPG
    18.JPG
    19.JPG
    20.JPG
    21.JPG
    22.JPG

To be continued...

Love the bonkers backwards seatbelts in those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I love matte black, I'm currently doing the same to the datsun, panel by panel.

I assume you're doing the whole car?

This Datsun sounds bloody amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I like that idea of the doing the whole car myself !

when its finished are you going to change it on the log book?

I doubt you'd need too, as you'd be able to peel it off when ever you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfdlM5daa04

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Wash, de-tar, polish and EGP over the weekend, then some punk throws an egg at the car last night, splat! Was just grateful it wasn't a rock, punk kids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Kaiser D wrote: »
    This Datsun sounds bloody amazing!

Oh she is. Must sort out the insurance with my classic broker, once that is done I can see if it is able to be brought to the meet.
    If not, I'll be stuck in a cashcow so..... here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Replaced an ignition coil in my 06 bmw 523i last night. Part cost 40 eur from local motor factors and diagnosis/replacement was super easy thanks to youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Changed a fuse and a bulb in the little womans car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Today I rang Joe Duffy BMW to price a new remote key for the 740 and I still haven't recovered.

First of all, you can only purchase a new key from a BMW dealer within the country that the car was registered in. So no sourcing it for cheaper in the UK.

Second of all, you can't (apparently) get a second hand key and recode it to my car. BMW only holds 10 key codes for every car it makes, which are stored in Germany. Once you use up (loose/mislay) all 10 keys, the whole car needs to be re-coded with parts replaced at massive cost. Once a key remote is coded, it cannot be recoded (apparently).

Thirdly, regulars keys are around the €250 mark. Comfort access keys are over €310. The new key "should" initialise once inserted into the car, but sometimes it doesn't, so tack on another €80 diagnostic fee.

Lastly, and fair enough I suppose, you have to produce ID and the car's logbook at a dealer, before they can even order it from Germany. So I have to drive to Dublin to order the damn thing, then drive up again to pick it up and make sure it's working.

Total cost of a new key, €460. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Total cost of a new key, €460. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek: You could buy a car for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Got my key for €165 in Conlans lately.
    Ordered from the uk and here in 48 hours!
    Non Ca at that price but give them a go Voodoo :)

They told me the same, 48 hours. But surely a dealer price is a dealer price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 knacker tash conor

thats a lovely golf

They told me the same, 48 hours. But surely a dealer price is a dealer price?

I've learned that that is so far from the truth :)

I was suprised when BMW actually beat the other key companies in ireland by €45!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

YbFocus wrote: »
    Got my key for €165 in Conlans lately.
    Ordered from the uk and here in 48 hours!
    Non Ca at that price but give them a go Voodoo :)

That seems cheap for a BMW key. When I ran the ford dealer to get a key for the focus which has a basic key (not flip or anything like that) they wanted 120 euro for a non remote central locking key and over 200 for the one I have with central locking. I got a non central locking ford key in autokey in Dublin for 54 euro including coding after. It's onlyba spare so didn't bother getting a CL one.

Bpmull wrote: »
    That seems cheap for a BMW key. When I ran the ford dealer to get a key for the focus which has a basic key (not flip or anything like that) they wanted 120 euro for a non remote central locking key and over 200 for the one I have with central locking. I got a non central locking ford key in autokey in Dublin for 54 euro including coding after. It's onlyba spare so didn't bother getting a CL one.

Couldn't believe it either BP, that was for the full central locking job :)

You may remember my post about the key going and then when it arrived it had to be coded off the ignition. But the car was dead locked and we had to break a window? Such an annoying day!

:eek::eek::eek: You could buy a car for that!

You could even buy 2 cars for that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Time to dump that heap Voodoo, bring back the E38!

Was checking the brakes earlier and had a quick look insider the wheel arch liner to debunk the myth that all E65/66 models came with a deactivated Webasto heater installed.

wheel1_zps7c7f0149.jpg

wheel2_zps5aaec25d.jpg

Damnit!

What it looks like when specified:

imag1110.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Got my grill wrapped in black. Very happy with the result. Looks like a 141 now :P

Went from this (you can see the chrome flaked off):
    eiwz.jpg

To this:

jtxjhVLl.jpg

Advertisement