Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

They're the ones i have, caused a bit of a divide between them and the original ones on it now, where did you get them lights?

What you mean by "caused a bit of a divide"?
    I got the lights on donedeal from a fella in Ratoath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

MJ23 wrote: »
    What you mean by "caused a bit of a divide"?
    I got the lights on donedeal from a fella in Ratoath.

Some like the original triangular ones that came with it, others like the 5 spoke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

4 NKG spark plugs

Is there a new brand of spark plugs I don't know about? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

GvidoR wrote: »
    Is there a new brand of spark plugs I don't know about? :pac:

Bah! Arses! NGK even :P leave me alone its my birthday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Happy Birthday lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

ordered a second hand aircon compressor for my a6 :-(, last one died just as winter came, need to get it sorted before it gets hot again.
    replaced the foot well lights with leds with a resistor to stop the blink. driving last night and the things were blinking every 30 seconds argh!! Back to bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Just removed coilovers and hubs :)

More pics to follow, first to identify gets a cookie. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Greyfoot wrote: »
    Just removed coilovers and hubs :)

2hdllvj

j738cmj

0u17luj

More pics to follow, first to identify gets a cookie. :p

Images not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

japasca wrote: »
    I decided to do a service on my girlfriends Kia, since she told me she has not had it service since she's owned it! (over 2 years!!:eek:)

TgRvrnBl.jpg

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/draper-73038-op16-16l-3.6-gallon-oil-drain-pan-p49980

73038_OP16.jpg

YOu should get yourself one of these boys. For 20 quid life gets that bit easier :).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Meh, I just cut a square out of the side of a 5l oil can and put it on its side. That's fancy.

On-topic, changed the oil in the civic there, its such a easy car to do, the filter is just in front of the sump pointing downwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Meh, I just cut a square out of the side of a 5l oil can and put it on its side. That's fancy.

On-topic, changed the oil in the civic there, its such a easy car to do, the filter is just in front of the sump pointing downwards.

Peasant :pac:. My van holds 6 litres so had to get one. That kia looks like it holds a good drop so thought I'd mention it. It's handy then for pouring back into the empty oil cans or 5l bottles.

On topic I swept the sand and crap out of the back of the van cleaned the cab a bit and topped up the fluids. Now to fill it with stuff. Road trip this weekend :).

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Plastidiping some wheels :) I've found new hobby, plastidip is great stuff, and the metalizer really finishes them off nicely.

Before:
    20140312_214642_zpstmvl6h56.jpg

After:20140313_194945_zpsdc74hscw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

How many coats of the initial colour did you do? What about times in between coats? Looks great.

About 5 coats, I left about 15-20 between coats. What worked for me was doing 2 coats of dusting then gradually heavier coats. Finished off with 2 metalizer coats, really have the stress the awesomeness of metalizer, as soon as you put it on it completely changes the flat gun metal colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Finally got round to paying for a full licence for my Multiecu scan tool and took off the pesky change oil notification on my Croma. Ran a diag on the DPF to find it was only 29% blocked, but decided to force a re-gen anyway. Re-gen temp >600c! :O Spent a good 2 hours or so playing with all the new diag tools and settings... Nearly told the ECU to forget all its learned data! :D Other than that, gave her a wash and re-aligned the washer jets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Interslice wrote: »
    Peasant :pac:. My van holds 6 litres so had to get one. That kia looks like it holds a good drop so thought I'd mention it. It's handy then for pouring back into the empty oil cans or 5l bottles.

On topic I swept the sand and crap out of the back of the van cleaned the cab a bit and topped up the fluids. Now to fill it with stuff. Road trip this weekend :).

Try 8 litres. More than most oil cans or trays.

Plasti dip cans do say to wait at least 30 minutes between each coat.

Did you spray metalizer on it afterwards or is the wheel just wet?

You're right, It does say 30 minutes but I wasnt putting it on that heavy so worked out fine.

Its Metalizer, Works a treat, really nice finish.

Need a pic of all four of them on the car. ;)

Need a pic of all four of them on the car. ;)

Soon :) hoping to get the other three done this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Damn Plastidip blow-ins. :pac:

Turned out well though, told you the Metalizer was a game changer. Adds so much depth in one or two coats, great stuff! :)

dar83 wrote: »
    Damn Plastidip blow-ins. :pac:

Say whaaaat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Purchased 10 x 501 LED's that are small like a traditional 501 but just as bright as a 13 SMD LED and are a lovely 6000K white. The C5 takes a lot of bulbs with 3 x front dome, 3 x rear dome, 1 x glovebox, 2 x boot and 2 x reg plate so all of them are now converted. I originally had some not resistor based ones that worked in some areas but even though the C5 hasn't got an onboard CANBUS to detect blown bulbs, it still flickers from the low LED draw (on the fade in / out from door light).

A great deal at €17 since it's a huge bunch of matching resistor based LED's.

8led10pc.jpg

I wasn't happy with the angle of the glow (45° entry) even though the colour was correct so I found a whole Citroen / Peugeot casing replacement on eBay with flat LED's fitted and it's a massive improvement - came from China pretty quick for a not so pretty €26 all in. This fit pretty much all models from the 106 to 807 and C2 to C8, an excellent purchase.

$_12.JPG

Picture below, it looks great lately especially at night with the fog (very GTA like). Will post a night one soon after I change the reg plates I ordered from Mick's Garage.

F2xICSV.jpg

I debadged the car here for the craic and to see how it looks - I'm not sure what to think?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

I like the debadged look, makes it look more modern I thinkk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

They can't be debadged easily, there's pins behind the badges that locate them. You'd have to get the boot filled and resprayed :(

They can't be debadged easily, there's pins behind the badges that locate them. You'd have to get the boot filled and resprayed :(

I know the Citroen Xsara had kind of a 'dent' where the chevrons are sitting, but that C5 looks to be easily de-badgeable.

I know the Citroen Xsara had kind of a 'dent' where the chevrons are sitting, but that C5 looks to be easily de-badgeable.

I have one, each of the letters in Citroen and C5 has a pin sticking out, and a hole in the boot lid that it sits into :)

I have one, each of the letters in Citroen and C5 has a pin sticking out, and a hole in the boot lid that it sits into :)

Each letter? Usually there are 2 or 3 pins per badge (if there are any at all)

I tried debadging mine before, it's the C and N in Citroen and both letters in C5 that have pins. It would leave behind 4 holes in the boot, which defeats the purpose of debadging in my book :D

• Advertisement

The back of my car is debadged. Will need to debadge the front when I get NCT sorted. :P

Advertisement