Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

futuramafry.jpg

Somebody needs to resize :P
    Somebody needs to click the pics :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Top Dog wrote: »
    Somebody needs to click the pics :P

........yeah well.....I'll get my coat

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Just back in from project racer. Beyond tired and pee'd off. Did the belt but water pump looked shiny so left it.... all together, took it out for a shake-down(ie flat out around the industrial estate, mostly sideways...).

For a 1l, the performace is unreal - and it sounds amazing... copped a goo at the temperature gauge and it was creeping up and up...uh oh -an airlock - spent an hour bleeding the system, checking connections, shifting pipework, squeezing pipes, watching bubbles.. yeah, the water pump pulley no longer interacts with the impeller and it's 7 o'clock on a saturday and first race is 10.30am tomorrow.

Ring mates - they ring mates, a pump is sourced and arrives(a feat in itself)- but I'm too knackered to fit it and the eyes are no longer wishing to focus on timing marks and small bolts. Ring friends and cry off racing till next week - console myself with a chinese and a bottle of red. Cars can be bitches..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

More time to add more power. :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Having a bad day :(

One of the rear parking sensors started acting up intermittently this morning - thinks there's something there when there's not, resulting in a constant beep when in reverse. Not too worried though as will get it sorted under warranty next week (unless anyone has any thoughts of something to try in the meantime?)

About time you got your hands on VCDS, it might give you some idea. Think im pretty free tomorrow if you wanted.

In other news, my service reminder popped up... a bit early in my eyes (10k miles). Out with the VCDS and we'll snooze that for another few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

About time you got your hands on VCDS, it might give you some idea. Think im pretty free tomorrow if you wanted

Cheers mate but I'm out of town today/tomorrow unfortunately but I did listen to you and ordered a cable last week, so when it shows up in the post I'll hopefully be able to see what's going on.

I may be back to you on how to use/read it though! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pissed off with myself as I've never managed to do something like this in the past :( :mad:
    It's sooo easy to do something like that K. Real heartscald when it happens. Doesn't look too bad though so hopefully a cheap fix for you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Just back in from project racer. Beyond tired and pee'd off. Did the belt but water pump looked shiny so left it.... all together, took it out for a shake-down(ie flat out around the industrial estate, mostly sideways...).

For a 1l, the performace is unreal - and it sounds amazing... copped a goo at the temperature gauge and it was creeping up and up...uh oh -an airlock - spent an hour bleeding the system, checking connections, shifting pipework, squeezing pipes, watching bubbles.. yeah, the water pump pulley no longer interacts with the impeller and it's 7 o'clock on a saturday and first race is 10.30am tomorrow.

Ring mates - they ring mates, a pump is sourced and arrives(a feat in itself)- but I'm too knackered to fit it and the eyes are no longer wishing to focus on timing marks and small bolts. Ring friends and cry off racing till next week - console myself with a chinese and a bottle of red. Cars can be bitches..:(

If you can't keep your eyes open put matchsticks in them.... Many a night we spent in our garage till 2am and later during race week, ya big girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Gary ITR wrote: »
    If you can't keep your eyes open put matchsticks in them.... Many a night we spent in our garage till 2am and later during race week, ya big girl

Yeah Gary, I'd half agree with you:D But that's after a bit of sleep - was just utterly wrecked, nothing left in the tank and I'd be a sloggy enough worker - still, i'll get it properly sorted for next weekend - will give me a chance to adjust cambers , timing etc and do the ports which there was no way we had time this week - still gutted though - heading of now to watch the others race - the real men:D:D I'll wear me "I'm a big girls blouse" t-shirt..:o

Cheers mate but I'm out of town today/tomorrow unfortunately but I did listen to you and ordered a cable last week, so when it shows up in the post I'll hopefully be able to see what's going on.

I may be back to you on how to use/read it though! :p
    Sure. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Read someone saying it might be moisture in the sensor. If you can take it out, stick it in a bag of rice overnight and try it out. Obviously if that worked, seal it up.... Or use your warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Fit a Scangauge II to my Merc earlier. Sorry, it's a bad picture... I'll get a better one tomorrow.

264597.jpg

I have it showing L/100Km instant, Battery voltage, RPM, and Coolant Temperature in that pic. I've changed voltage to L/100Km trip average.

It's also able to read and clear codes, very quickly too. I had two pending codes that were already sorted and was able to clear them.

Dord wrote: »
    Fit a Scangauge II to my Merc earlier. Sorry, it's a bad picture... I'll get a better one tomorrow.
    Would absolutely love one of those - but won't communicate with our Mitsubishi :(

Would absolutely love one of those - but won't communicate with our Mitsubishi :(

What Mitsubishi is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Fitted lip spoiler after having a go with the DA on the bootlid

3ru7Hscl.jpg

cY1jHSLl.jpg

Dord wrote: »
    What Mitsubishi is it?
    Shogun. Apparently the ScanGuage only works on the newer '07 onwards model :(

Shogun. Apparently the ScanGuage only works on the newer '07 onwards model :(

Ah that sucks... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Currently lining up some OEM GP wheels and body coloured mirror covers from a breakers, just can't get them until next month due to funds :(

If anyone is interested, I'm currently selling my Stilo alloys and brand new corrective wobbly bolts on my Adverts.ie page. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

I regret selling my sporting alloys now, im on the lookout for another set!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

rizzee wrote: »
    I regret selling my sporting alloys now, im on the lookout for another set!
    Seen a set on the classifieds of the FF but they need a refurb and they're over £200 - worth it if you have a good delivery method from the UK :)

PS: Out of my budget, otherwise I'd hop on it.

http://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=29812&cat=17

• Advertisement

Got a quote back from CarCraft to sort out the scratches above - €320 ex vat!! :eek: :(

Anyone suggest any other similar companies to try? That seems excessive to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

for that little scratch - parents did serious damage to the merc - must have been at least a foot of a scrape and it was deep - came to about 300 if i remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Got a quote back from CarCraft to sort out the scratches above - €320 ex vat!! :eek: :(

Anyone suggest any other similar companies to try? That seems excessive to me!

Pics?

Pics?

I sent them the same one as I posted above

Based on that they figure €320 ex-VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sorry, I was too lazy to go back :o

That's an extortionate figure IMO. Bring it to Detailing Shed or Elite Auto Clean and see if they can D/A them out. They don't look too bad at all in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Yeah but it's two panels that require spraying. 320 is actually good value considering the work involved. I got a similar quote last week. They're a good paint shop, that's what it costs.

Ferris wrote: »
    Yeah but it's two panels that require spraying. 320 is actually good value considering the work involved. I got a similar quote last week. They're a good paint shop, that's what it costs.

2 panels? Looks to me like its just the wheel arch. In my experience (my civic was a damage magnet) €200 inc VAT a panel is about right. At least that's what my guy back home always charged.

€320 ex VAT is crazy money. The wheel arch at 11 o'clock looks like it might buff out with some good DAing. Between 2 and 3 o'clock on the arch look a bit worse, but a good DAing might do wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

IIRC the door is damaged also. I was at carcraft for scratches across the boot lid and onto the rear qtr (feckin kids next door) so both panels needed complete refinishing. The work is the same whether its a foot long or inch scratch.

If the door can be fixed without spraying they'll do that also and then it'll only need 1 panel (rear qtr) and that'll be 160, which I think is good.

• Advertisement

Got another quote from Fitzwilliam Garage in Dublin (who I remember seeing recommended here for something, hence why I saved the link) who - given the same picture - says he'll do it for €200 incl VAT

Seems a fairer price to me..

Advertisement