Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

it took for me a bit of time , but i've finally finished my seat .. while ago i had a thread about asking where to fix my cars seat, ive got some response , but money wise it was fairly expensive, so I decided do myself ... if i can re-do engine, why i cant do seat.. actually i have some experience , my grandfather handover skills of sewing old shoes .. that was something 25 years ago ... i was only 10 ... and i was curious how to do, and he teached me .. ive fixed some my old slipers afterwords .. so knowledge of sewing leather i had... so pictures ...

Drivers seat was badly worn, and middle section was torn .. so middle section of seat had to be replaced ..

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

start stripping ...

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

here we compare new cover with old cover ... new one is nearly same color ... :)

IMG_1684.jpg

now the real work starin .. :D

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

ta daaaa

IMG_1702.jpg

and in the car ...

IMG_1704.jpg

overall skills earned .. sewing : from level 1 to level 2

swear in different languages: level 2 to level 200 lol

to get car perfect .. dohh... just that stupid windscreen need to be replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Its a 00 Colt. Some cable was lose in the engine bay, tightened it up and running smooth again. Mustnd have noticed it the other day. Happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Because I didn't take any pics of my seat retrofit... here's a pic of the result :)

ryS34f6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

LCI headlights retrofit to a pre LCI car. 100% error free, just made a new loom, no resistor. Halogen version.
    Adjusters working fine
    Plenty of DIY on the web are not accurate.
    No coding was necessary. No warnings

DSC_1450.JPG
    DSC_1453.JPG
    DSC_1457.JPG
    DSC_1460.JPG
    DSC_1462.JPG
    DSC_1463.JPG
    DSC_1464.JPG

Would have expected you would get longer than that out of it. Just bad luck methinks.
    They shouldnt be too expensive to sort though unless you have a renault of the wrong vintage. If it is H7 about a fiver a bulb. Osram nightbrakers are about a tenner a pop and they are very good.

Only managed to look at this this evening, it was indeed the bulb that was at fault. Interestingly part of the headlight housing had broken off. On Monday going over a ramp (at low speed) I heard a clunk. I thought it might have been the ramp but somehow I think my headlight housing broke going over a ramp. The broken housing isn't anywhere near the bulb though which confuses me.

Think I'll take a trip to a breakers in a few weeks to get a new headlight.

Anyways, two working headlights again, hooray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

@ bmstuff

That car looks like the alloys are made 100% of brake dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Sorted out the doof-doof in the Bora this evening. Got a cheap new head unit off eBay...

E9yFVxe.jpg

...and wired in these Pioneer door speakers.

3417246_6d382723.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Jaysus GvidoR it didn't take you long to start customising the Bora :eek: :)

Here they are installed

WJ8FQoTl.jpg

mQR9sIFl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I wrote a DIY guide years ago on a UK forum on how to sand down that net optic trim to get the brushed Alu look of the R32 trim, it's a nice cheap DIY mod.

• Advertisement

I'll probably wrap it in carbon fibre or something.

GvidoR wrote: »
    I'll probably wrap it in carbon fibre or something.

I tried that on mine years ago, it looks crap IMO as there is too much of it, CF wrap works best when there is one long piece of trim the length of the dash like in A4's BMW's etc.

here's the DIY guide i wrote. (in 2007 jesus)

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/9695-diy-r32-alu-trim/

EDIT: it's not much a of a DIY guide only a picture, i thought there was more info in it.

De-badged :pac:

siy6qibl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Just another Sport button in BMW e60.
    Improves greatly throttle response, car really comes to life. Steering wheel feels much better.
    Nothing to do with transmission sport mode. This gives you even more Humfff...;)

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG

I don't know if I will keep it this way, or paint it black.

DOJEkNJl.jpg

Looks messy because the back is so faded.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Looks messy because the back is so faded.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I think I will just paint it instead.

But now that's 15 minutes with a hair dryer and a knife while getting eaten by midgets gone to waste. :pac:

You should consider getting new plates made up and stick them on with double sided tape. I always maintain that new plates can really freshen up a car

I don't know if I will keep it this way, or paint it black.

DOJEkNJl.jpg

I actually found one of them i had done the other day at home and thought of sending it to you,I tried it on mine then decided to just order the black one from Germany, i didn't think the CF looked right on it.

Do you plan to do a lot of mechanical work on the car yourself?

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Do you plan to do a lot of mechanical work on the car yourself?

Can you be more specific?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Can you be more specific?

Something more than just self servicing, but less than a typical day for dgt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Finished replacing new front right caliper, discs and pads all round and brakes bled....im still here after a good test run anyway :o

I will probably get a set of coilovers, maybe some CAI mods, maybe something else. I'll just go with the flow. :P

I will probably get a set of coilovers, maybe some CAI mods, maybe something else. I'll just go with the flow. :P

I was asking because i think have a MK4 golf haynes manual at home if you want it, not going to give it to you though if you're not going to get use out of it :D

tossy wrote: »
    I was asking because i think have a MK4 golf haynes manual at home if you want it, not going to give it to you though if you're not going to get use out of it :D

TBH, I think my next car will be a MK4 too. :)

TBH, I think my next car will be a MK4 too. :)

I'll have a route for it over the weekend so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Something like myself then? :P

Something like myself then? :P

What's that, get stuck and call dgt?
    :pac: :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

CianRyan wrote: »
    What's that, get stuck and call dgt?
    :pac: :p

Hawdy haw :P One time, one time :P

Advertisement