Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tramore/Dunmore East

Options
  • 12-07-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

Thinking of relocating out of Waterford City to Tramore/Dunmore East.

Just a few questions if anyone can help me with:

What are the names of the Local Primary Schools in the above areas?

Any after school care in these areas that collects from the local schools?

Would there be a School bus from the above areas to De La Salle in Waterford?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

I can help you out with the Tramore part :)

Primary Schools
    Holy Cross N.S
    Glor na Mara N.S
    Gaelscoil Trá Mhór
    Fenor N.S (10 mins outside of Tramore, has a bus that goes from Tramore out - a smaller country school)
    All the schools are mixed.

There are a couple of After school services in Tramore and they have mini buses that collect the kids from school at home time. Two that have buses off the top of my head are "Bizzy kids" and "little stars". I've heard very good things about Bizzy Kids but no personal experience I'm afraid. They collect from any of the schools listed above as far as I'm aware. Bizzy kids also has a before school service where they will drop the kids to school if you need to be in work before school starts.

Not sure about the De Le Salle bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

theres a bus leaving tramore at about 8.20 i think to get to the de la salle and theres some sort of weekly/monthly ticket that can be got for that bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

My kids go to Little Stars and love it there.

They also have a bus that collect from the schools for after school care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

dunmore one pretty bleak spot once the summer months end...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beatriss

Hi,

Thanks to all that took the time to answer, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Hoffmans wrote: »
    dunmore one pretty bleak spot once the summer months end...

In fairness, so is Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I live here and I quite like tramore in the winter, as much as I like any place in the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

In fairness, so is Tramore.

Not a chance , always look forward to sept 1st when crowds are home its great to have the different seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Very different places in fairness. Tramore is 7 times the size of Dunmore. It wouldn't get quiet to nearly the same extent in the winter months as the baseline population is so much larger. Some might prefer this of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

It is a tough choice!

I lived in Waterford back in the 80's . Both are lovely locations in their own right.

I loved Dunmore East , the restaurants , bars, etc.

Tramore is obviously a much larger town now, while Dunmore East has retained it's village charm

Best wishes:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement