Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GC Tesco's closed. Midnight - 6am

Options
  • 12-07-2013 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

Sign on the door saying that due to refurbishments, Tesco's will be closed between the hours of midnight and 6am until the 5th of August.

As someone who regularly does substantial shops there anytime between 2am - 4am, this has put me in a bit of a bind.

Anyone know if there's any other 24 shops around the city where I can buy fresh meat, veg and general sundries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is the mini-Tesco by the hospital not 24 hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is the mini-Tesco by the hospital not 24 hour?

don't think so. But the londis is but not sure if they do fresh meat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mini Tesco isnt 24 hour. Londis is very expensive.

The only other possibility is Tesco Oranmore, and im not sure of its hours.

Is Tesco online an option? I doubt they deliver at 2-4am, but maybe you could be at home to receive a delivery at some other time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is there any option for you to use their delivery service?

They deliver from 9am to 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

The only other possibility is Tesco Oranmore, and im not sure of its hours.

7am - Midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

eh, do your shop on the 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭squonk

OP can you not just do your shop either 2 hours earlier or later and get in before closing or just after opening?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

liamhana wrote: »
    eh, do your shop on the 4th?

It's shut from now until August 5th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

squonk wrote: »
    OP can you not just do your shop either 2 hours earlier or later and get in before closing or just after opening?

Due to working at night, most likely not. I finish most times between 1.30 and 3am. I can shop on weekends or days off, but it makes the most sense for me to do it on the way home.

I know the Londis down at the hospital is 24 hours, so I'll be using that for the likes of milk and bread for the coming month.

I just really wanted to marinade some chicken last night, for an impending BBQ. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is there any option for you to use their delivery service?

They deliver from 9am to 11pm.

This.

It's a great service. If you use your club card when you shop everything you have ever bought is in your favourites section online. While creepy, it makes it very easy to shop and not forget something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I just really wanted to marinade some chicken last night, for an impending BBQ. :(

4am BBQs OP !? Living the dream, living the dream...

Due to working at night, most likely not. I finish most times between 1.30 and 3am. I can shop on weekends or days off, but it makes the most sense for me to do it on the way home.

I know the Londis down at the hospital is 24 hours, so I'll be using that for the likes of milk and bread for the coming month.

BBQ, you say? Now you're making me really miss Galway!

Advertisement