Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still ....

Options
  • 12-07-2013 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Do you still buy 6 beers?

I was in the bottle shop this week and I saw a six pack of beer.

I could not bring myself to buy 6 beers at 18 dollars when 24 would cost me 43.00.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Zambia wrote: »
    24 would cost me 43.00.

image_zpsa8a850cc.jpg

Give me Tesco's below cost selling any day, I don't drink much but a Carton for $43, I would drink nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Zambia wrote: »
    Do you still buy 6 beers?

I was in the bottle shop this week and I saw a six pack of beer.

I could not bring myself to buy 6 beers at 18 dollars when 24 would cost me 43.00.

Aldi stock a 6-pack of lovely blonde beer for $10. I buy that. Don't buy cartons but only cause I can't carry them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe if I'm going somewhere for pre-drinks, and a 6 pack is handier to deal with than a case. But most of the time I'll have a case at home and grab a 6 pack from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Was just debating this today although I'm comparing a 6 pack for $13 or a carton for $35. You must be drinking fancier beer than me! :P

The problem with buying the full carton and taking 6 out is that you end up drinking the rest of them the followingnight/during the week etc when otherwise you wouldn't have drank on those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I've given up on beer, will only buy in a social event and even then it's hard to enjoy at around $10. Switched to wine at home. I really miss a good german wheat beer or leffe at 4 for €5 at lidl on offer. One bottle here costs $6!!!!!!!!!

At least i can pick up a decent shiraz for $10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Can never justify buying a six pack beer but I will pick up a 6er of premix , go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Usually buy a full carton but if I fancy something nicer I'll grab a six pack as a lot of the best stuff only comes in that denomination unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Batgurl wrote: »
    Aldi stock a 6-pack of lovely blonde beer for $10. I buy that. Don't buy cartons but only cause I can't carry them :(
    I tried the aldi beer, the french beer is good and pretty cheap, tried the fraser briggs - was okay, nothing special. Will give the Blonde a try.
    But the Aldi wine is cracking, spanish Rioja, Cotes Du Rhone both great. (I'm meh with the Aussie ones though)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

10 pack of Carlton dry for $22..mostly a carton..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

After much debating, I'm just after walking out of Dan Murphy's with a bottle of wine and 6 beers for $15.

• Advertisement

rightyabe wrote: »
    10 pack of Carlton dry for $22..mostly a carton..

I'd rather this

sideshow-bob-steps-on-rakes-o.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Cannot buy beer for that price either. Premix also gets me down far better value to buy a whole bottle but so damn inconvenient.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'd rather this

sideshow-bob-steps-on-rakes-o.gif

:pac:

There are so many worse beers than carlton dry. Its the least offensive beer I have ever come across. Good for filling an eskie for a BBQ
    Plus its only $36 for a carton in BWS at the moment.

The foulest thing in the world is Hahn 3.5. puke, ruins so many sporting events.

Sundy wrote: »
    There are so many worse beers than carlton dry. Its the least offensive beer I have ever come across. Good for filling an eskie for a BBQ
    Plus its only $36 for a carton in BWS at the moment.

I think it's horrendous, that and TEDs. The Budweiser of Aussie beer.

For $36 a carton I'd much rather put my hard earned into something local like the Sail and Anchor stuff we have in Perth.
    The foulest thing in the world is Hahn 3.5. puke, ruins so many sporting events.

Nothing worse than an event sponsored by Hahn Super Dry.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think it's horrendous, that and TEDs. The Budweiser of Aussie beer.

For $36 a carton I'd much rather put my hard earned into something local like the Sail and Anchor stuff we have in Perth.

I find it doesnt taste of too much and after the 8th bottle it wont matter too much anyway.

Down at the rugby club they sell Gage Roads Wahoo Premium Ale for $3 a bottle on week nights which is a bargain. Brewed locally too. 24 pack in Dan Murphys is $42

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Dry dock is actually my fave, can not stand hanns or ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I think they super chill their beer to numb tastebuds, otherwise most of what they call beer is unpalatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I usually buy 6 bottles of Coopers Pale Ale for $13 in my local off-license which is good value. Don't have a car & couldn't be arsed carrying home a 24 pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

[QUOTE=catbear;85490012 At least i can pick up a dechttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28ent shiraz for $10.[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree there. I find it very hard to find a decent bottle of red for under $15!

I was in the bottle shop the other day and I spotted two bottles of wine made one hour up the road (Yarra valley) that were cheaper to buy in O'Briens or Tesco then they are in Melbourne.

The Aussie government were cunning when they come up with the Wine Equalization Tax that's for sure. If Fine Gael came up with a Stout Equalization Tax we could be outta the woods back home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

This was actually a rare event the beer was imported.

What I also marvel at is the volume you see so people walking out of Dan Murphys with 7 to 8 cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Home brewing FTW! The price of beer here is horrific. I'll get some sometimes if it's a brand I like and it's on special somewhere but apart from that no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JohnC83

If I'm going to get a carton I'll go Aldi. Only $29 for 24 bottles is great value. Also the 750ml vodka is only $25.

Advertisement