Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so who's going to the next sale tomorrow?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

So who is planning on getting up an unearthly time tonight to head to the Next sale:D at least it will be mild outside for queueing and not as cold as St Stephen's morning. I have a 9 month old lady so plan is to get her a couple of bits for this summer as hope to get away on a cheapy holiday late September or early October, hopefully one of those UV swimming tops and shorts if there are any left and then some bits for next summer so 24months. What is on everyone else's shopping lists?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Not me! It's my idea of a nightmare but I know I'm probably in the minority on that. I love their kids clothes though :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The only time I ever went to one was when my lad was small and woke me up at that time anyway. Twas grand, not too grabby. I did get quite a few things though.

These days I couldn't be bothered and I just pay the premium. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I can't imagine its worth it. The stuff isn't that expensive to start with and the thoughts of being up that early when I don't have to be is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I am hoping to get something for my sister who is four days overdue and for my two. Is it worth the early morning and what sort of savings can i expect? .

elaney wrote: »
    I am hoping to get something for my sister who is four days overdue and for my two. Is it worth the early morning and what sort of savings can i expect? .

TBH, the savings are great. Things are really marked down and it is regular shop stock mostly if you get there early.

The time I went I spent 50 quid and came out with all the summer clotes I needed for the following summer for my guy, including a rain jacket, and a pair of jeans and top for myself.

My tip would be that if you're not sure, buy it anyway, as they give full refunds from the Monday after if you don't like something after bringing it home and trying it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

What time is jervis at starting at does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

lazygal wrote: »
    I can't imagine its worth it. The stuff isn't that expensive to start with and the thoughts of being up that early when I don't have to be is a nightmare.

There are massive reductions lazygal. I have only ever caught the tail end of a sale (& probably will never get to the start of one) but if you are there early you can literally pick up a whole wardrone for your lo's. Saving that much money is worth a little sleep in for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I caught the tail end of one last year and picked up a few bits, but I still don't think its worth getting up so early and enduring the madness I've heard about! Next stuff is nice, but there's plenty of other reasonably priced children's clothes out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

I have only ever been to last summers(when I was still pregnant) and the winter one but picked up some brilliant bargains in both. Should also say I love the next stuff but my normal budget wouldn't really allow me to buy Next stuff at full price so I feel it is worth getting up for. At the winter sale I was within the first 80 to get in the door grabbed anything I thought I would use in the 12-18 months range for this winter and was back in bed before 7 o'clock, then went through my shopping later that day and anything I though I had doubled up on ie too many tops/dresses/trousers etc I returned the following week.

lazygal wrote: »
    I caught the tail end of one last year and picked up a few bits, but I still don't think its worth getting up so early and enduring the madness I've heard about! Next stuff is nice, but there's plenty of other reasonably priced children's clothes out there.

I'm with you. I've done it, but it's not worth missing precious sleep over. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'll be in Dundrum tomorrow so I'll pop my head in but definately won't be getting up @ 5am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Their clothes are very good quality and wash really well. I'm fortunate enough to get clothes passed on and the next stuff is always in the best condition and like new. Still wouldn't willingly lose sleep to queue up for their sale though!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

been going to the Next sale for years and all the clothes wear well...If I was still the same size i'd still be wearing them! think i might get up early and head in before the gym...it's mostly kids clothes that people queue for.

At sale now - well queuing outside. Only letting a few people in at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

bp wrote: »
    At sale now - well queuing outside. Only letting a few people in at a time

whats it like ?

foodaholic wrote: »
    whats it like ?

It was good - no queue when I left. Lots of stuff sold but staff were replenishing stock.

Will be exchanging a few things next week so hopefully there may be stuff in the size I want as others do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Popped in at around 11am, I'd say most of the good stuff was all gone but managed to pick up a lovely army style hooded body warmer & 2 jumpers for the little fella for the autumn/winter for just €24 so was happy enough with that ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had a €60 voucher that my aunt gave me as a baby present so I went early this afternoon. I was expecting it to be a lot busier but I guess all the crowds were there in the morning thankfully. I got a few t-shirts, a lovely warm dungaree set for autumn/winter and a furry teddy suit which is both cute and my preference for winter car travel as it's really warm and padded suits aren't safe in a car seat. I also got myself some pants, so I 'paid Sam back' by picking him up a wooden train set and a cool water play set in Argos. I still have some money left on the card so will go to the Next near the hospital where Sam has his x-ray on Monday and maybe pick up something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I went into next in dundrum today around 9am and there was pretty much nothing for a boy between 9months and 2 yrs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I was there at crazy 'o clock in the morning, glad i went though- i had a voucher to spend and I had my eye on a dinosaur winter coat for ages now- i was able to snag the size i wanted and some pj's and t-shirts and bibs as well. I think the sale is great. We are on a tight budget and dont have many clothes in biggers sizes so every little bit helps! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I was in today returning jeans that didn't fit me and I got O two hoodies, dungarees and jeans. And all for €31! Definitely more stock there today than there was on sat.

Advertisement