Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

.ak wrote: »
    Stop raining please. :mad:

How are the pitches looking out in sutton this week Stephen?

The lads trained last night but that wouldn't mean the pitches are definitely playable, Railway holds up well to the rain though as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone know anything about Belvo's pitches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Games off left and right tonight and tomorrow. Follow @Dermotom

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Belvo's pitches?

Belvo v Tallaght is off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Belvo v Tallaght is off

Thanks for the heads up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up :(

Yeah just got the word on it. Gonna head to the funeral tomoro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Is the tarf game still going ahead? Pissed down all night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Is the tarf game still going ahead? Pissed down all night!

Nothing to say it's not on yet, but we got a text last week at 12:15 or so, it's up to the home team to let us know, so we'll just have to wait.

I'm not feeling too hopeful though

cloneslad wrote: »
    Nothing to say it's not on yet, but we got a text last week at 12:15 or so, it's up to the home team to let us know, so we'll just have to wait.

I'm not feeling too hopeful though

A text just got sent saying it's on.... Happy with that

• Advertisement

Game ON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I can even see blue skies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Just finished a game against Guinness there and won 17 - 10 at home. We beat them 54 - 0 there in November so it's great to see an improvement in their game.

If anyone has played them you'll know their a sound bunch but their outhalf today was an absolute disgrace. I'd refuse to play with him if I was on their team. I've never seen hissy fits thrown like that on a rugby field, like a little child he was. Eventually the ref told them to sub him or he would be sent off. Absolutely mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Teferi wrote: »
    Just finished a game against Guinness there and won 17 - 10 at home. We beat them 54 - 0 there in November so it's great to see an improvement in their game.

If anyone has played them you'll know their a sound bunch but their outhalf today was an absolute disgrace. I'd refuse to play with him if I was on their team. I've never seen hissy fits thrown like that on a rugby field, like a little child he was. Eventually the ref told them to sub him or he would be sent off. Absolutely mental.

Nothing against the team you played today but I've always hated playing Guinness as their discipline was always a disgrace especially playing them at home.
    Been involved in more fights with them than any other club an nothing to do with my team starting it.
    Remember a lad literally running about 10 yards just to kick our prob in the head while he was getting up from a ruck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I played for Guinness when I first moved to Dublin and agree that their discipline was an issue but the amount of teams that turned up expecting ill discipline or aggravating players to cause yellow cards was crazy.

Clontarf were beating Railway Union 25-5 after 55 minutes when an injury forced the game to be abandoned.

The ref twisted his knee and couldn't continue. There was an assessor there so we were happy for a railway ref to carry on in his place, but he couldn't get any gear.

It was bitterly cold and horrible though, Not one to exaggerate, or be a little girl.....Buuuuuut I'm pretty sure I would have died from the cold out there if it had continued.

• Advertisement

Clontarf were beating Railway Union 25-5 after 55 minutes when an injury forced the game to be abandoned.

The ref twisted his knee and couldn't continue. There was an assessor there so we were happy for a railway ref to carry on in his place, but he couldn't get any gear.

It was bitterly cold and horrible though, Not one to exaggerate, or be a little girl.....Buuuuuut I'm pretty sure I would have died from the cold out there if it had continued.

Was literally getting warmed up to come on when the game stopped. Gutted from my point of view, but delighted to see us play consistent rugby with structure. I hope we get the walk over for it, no offence to railway but if the game was replayed and they won it'd be a bit of a travesty. Plus as far as I can tell them losing the game has no difference to their league standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Doesn't 60 minutes have to be played before the result will stand?

Eoin wrote: »

I think so. It's going back to the branch for a decision, afaik.

The ref said he was going to recommend two options, either play the final 25mins of the game with the score as it was, or railway give us the victory.

There is the third option of having it replayed in full, from zero, but it's not what he is going to recommend.

Can't imagine railway will want it replayed at all, they'll still finish in the top two, with terenure, so why risk injury to any players when they have a final?

There's also very little time to play the game anyway.

Apart from the conditions it was a good game, with both teams putting in an honest performance and everyone let the ref do his job without annoying him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Eoin wrote: »
    For result to stand three quarters of the game must have been played. so yes 60mins have to be played at adult level

• Advertisement

It's pity he couldn't last 5 min more. Tho in fairness he picked up the injury in the first half and kept going.

It's pity he couldn't last 5 min more. Tho in fairness he picked up the injury in the first half and kept going.

I'd say the conditions weren't making him feel any better. He should have worn a duffel coat, gloves, and a hat.

Surely the two clubs will just agree to replay it.

Hopefully not.

Realistically, I don't know when they'll be able to schedule it for.

They have a match next weekend, then we play monkstown the following Wednesday night and emerald warrior on Saturday morning. We both have games for the following two weekends after that.

That brings us to feb 22nd, then there's the league final to be played (which railway will be in). The cup then starts shorty afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Clontarf - Railway Union match has been listed as abandoned anyway, so I guess a decision to give Clontarf the win has not yet been taken anyway...

Logically you would think that Railway will give the win to Clontarf as the result wont effect the standing in the league in any case (save home or away tie in the playoff) and the fact that Clontarf were well on top and had a sizeable lead.

It's a good job we have a big squad :eek::eek:

4g4BzrJ.jpg

Fixtures here

Ha. Must be a mistake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

It's a good job we have a big squad :eek::eek:

4g4BzrJ.jpg

Fixtures here

Even better when you factor in the scheduled game on the 5th, 3 days before these fixtures.

chris85 wrote: »
    Even better when you factor in the scheduled game on the 5th, 3 days before these fixtures.

Sure the club still expect us to train on the night of that match too. ;)

• Advertisement

It's fixed now.

Warriors game has been moved. I take it we have to play the full game against Railway then?

R7BL0X3.jpg

We'll just unleash the J6 team nobody knows about.

So they have rescheduled the game? That's a joke TBH.

Yeah, it'll be just like 'The Replacements'.

The Railway Game on the 8th makes it easier for us to get to the Wales game, so that's a bonus, I suppose.

Interested to hear non-clontarf players opinion on this game being rescheduled.

Game was abandoned in the 55th minute with Clontarf more than four tries up. Should the game be rescheduled with the game starting 0-0 again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Not getting ahead of ourselves here but does anyone know when the first second playoff games will be played? I'm assuming its not the weekend of the England Ireland game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Thats hardly fair at all if it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We'll just unleash the J6 team nobody knows about.

Alternatively....

Unleash the bangers!!

I know the rules state it has to be 60min, but having to reschedule a game for the end of the league that we had done and dusted at 55 min is a bit of a joke. Especially the work that went into that game, hard to replicate that after all the training that was put in.

• Advertisement

Also considering it's not really a decisive game, the only thing still to be decided is who will have the home advantage in the promotion playoff...

Them's the regulations boys, the IRFU have to be seen to apply them equally across the board, if you allow a div 10 game to stand after 55 you'll have clubs appealing when a AIL game isn't allow to stand after 55 minutes.

Them's the regulations boys, the IRFU have to be seen to apply them equally across the board, if you allow a div 10 game to stand after 55 you'll have clubs appealing when a AIL game isn't allow to stand after 55 minutes.

Hardly, but maybe there should be a sub section to the rules, aka if the winning team is 20 points ahead it is given to em.....certainly one to look at, unfair but thems the rules!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

chris85 wrote: »
    Thats hardly fair at all if it is

I've had a look at the LB regulations and I can't see any mention of procedures for abandoning games. My only suggestion is that you contact your club committee for guidance on the matter. Personally I'd feel aggrieved under the circumstances mentioned..

Pain in the ass for us now with two weekends of no matches stuck in the middle of the month!

stephen_n wrote: »
    Pain in the ass for us now with two weekends of no matches stuck in the middle of the month!

I can see why our game against you got moved (they could play the final on the weekend we now play) but I think it's unfair to make your team suffer for it.

Also, not only were we 20 points up, we were dominating the game, had just scored two or three tries in about 5 minutes and I froze my ass off for absolutely no reason.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah it makes sense to do it, just a pain, ah well least we don't have the early kick off to worry about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Also, not only were we 20 points up, we were dominating the game, had just scored two or three tries in about 5 minutes and I froze my ass off for absolutely no reason.[/QUOTE]

In fairness it sounds a bit tough but your take on how good you were playing is hardly relevant to the branches decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

shoutman wrote: »
    Interested to hear non-clontarf players opinion on this game being rescheduled.

Game was abandoned in the 55th minute with Clontarf more than four tries up. Should the game be rescheduled with the game starting 0-0 again?
    Game should be rescheduled from 0-0 at the start. If you do allow it replayed it opens up other sides trying it and creates needless hassle for competition committees etc.
    Hardly, but maybe there should be a sub section to the rules, aka if the winning team is 20 points ahead it is given to em.....certainly one to look at, unfair but thems the rules!
    No i disagree. 60 minutes should be the time and score shouldnt come into it if before that time has elapsed. No sub section for teams leading by big margin

salmocab wrote: »

In fairness it sounds a bit tough but your take on how good you were playing is hardly relevant to the branches decision.

This is true, although I think it's a bit crazy that we have to play one of the top two teams in the league a little over two days after we play monkstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

shoutman wrote: »
    Also considering it's not really a decisive game, the only thing still to be decided is who will have the home advantage in the promotion playoff...

Not exactly a small matter when the top two are neck & neck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement