Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

cloneslad wrote: »
    there was a lot of rain in the last week and the firsts have a game there next friday night. Combine that with the poor weather forecast for tonight, I'd say they didn't want to ruin it.

We're due to kick off at 8 - hope it doesn't bucket down before or during :|

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Eoin wrote: »
    We're due to kick off at 8 - hope it doesn't bucket down before or during :|

Considering the storm due to hit tonight is supposed to be worse than Hurricane Charlie, you might not be that lucky.

Yay, I'll make sure to attach a snorkel to my scrum cap so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone from Belvo know if Belvo-Tallaght is going ahead tomorrow morning?

Wouldn't say it is. Raining now and supposed to be a lot worse in morning.
    Pitches didn't get full chance to drain so it's just toppin up the water that was already there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Pity with the Tarf V Monkstown game off this evening. In fairness the weather in the area is terrible. Could be worse, rugby on the TV and beer in the fridge!

stephen_n wrote: »
    Considering the storm due to hit tonight is supposed to be worse than Hurricane Charlie, you might not be that lucky.

Ref blew the game up on the stroke of 60 minutes: 17-0 to Seapoint. It was insanely cold, wet and windy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone from Belvo know if Belvo-Tallaght is going ahead tomorrow morning?

Is it not AIB v Tallaght tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is it not AIB v Tallaght tomorrow morning?

No, its AIB next week. We were due a bye this week but the Belvo game was rescheduled for tomorrow.

Ref blew the game up on the stroke of 60 minutes: 17-0 to Seapoint. It was insanely cold, wet and windy.

God can't believe it even went ahead in that weather, must have been painfully cold.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    God can't believe it even went ahead in that weather, must have been painfully cold.

It was ridiculously cold! We played in the snow last year, and Friday was worse.

It was ridiculously cold! We played in the snow last year, and Friday was worse.

I'd say so, did the Hell and Back a few weeks ago in similar conditions, never been so cold in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Were conditions much worse at the hour mark than they were at Kick Off? Hard to believe it went ahead in the first place. If I recalled correctly, it was pretty bad by 8pm

Pretty unsatisfactory way for a game to end (not for the players I'd imagine though...)

GavMan wrote: »
    Were conditions much worse at the hour mark than they were at Kick Off? Hard to believe it went ahead in the first place. If I recalled correctly, it was pretty bad by 8pm

Pretty unsatisfactory way for a game to end (not for the players I'd imagine though...)

It didn't feel too bad during the warm up, and it had been a nice day up until then, so it was probably too late to postpone the game for a second time.

We were all happy enough to call it quits at 60; I think it's fair to say that Seapoint were on top for most of the match, so we were keen to see out the 60 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Division 10 fixture list has changed again. Clonarf v emerald warriors has been moved, yet again, to march 15th.

Clontarf play railway on march 1st and monkstown on March 7th. AK you better be practising your throwing from 22 metres to the cross bar, just like Hibbard.... Though you may also need to run and catch it too, we could be short on numbers for monkstown.

I wouldn't worry about practicing your conversions, but I think you may need get several attempts at drop kicks for a re-start

EDIT: obligatory link to the table

http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/leinsterNew/league/71119/division10

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

A guy I played with ended up with frostbite after one of our games!!

It wasn't snowing but it was so cold and so wet, he couldn't play for a month after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ha, don't think I can do the 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

.ak wrote: »
    Ha, don't think I can do the 7th.

That the week of the tour?

That the week of the tour?

Yeah think so.

Surprised we didn't reschedule for a Wednesday.

Can't make the 15th either as I'll be in Paris for the 6n.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yeah think so.

Surprised we didn't reschedule for a Wednesday.

Can't make the 15th either as I'll be in Paris for the 6n.

Shameless brag!

I would imagine that we'll get the game on the 7th rescheduled to have it midweek.

Hopefully.

Yeah, only half a shameless brag though, as I still have no tickets for the game!

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    Shameless brag!

I would imagine that we'll get the game on the 7th rescheduled to have it midweek.

I hope so, any Tuesday or Wednesday before it or the week after it should be fine.
    Hopefully.

Yeah, only half a shameless brag though, as I still have no tickets for the game!

Did you ask in the club if they have any?

I hope so, any Tuesday or Wednesday before it or the week after it should be fine.

Did you ask in the club if they have any?

No - I didn't think they'd have any for an away match. Should I just send them an email?

No - I didn't think they'd have any for an away match. Should I just send them an email?

Can't hurt to try.

Or give the office a call and see if they have anything. Or post up on facebook page. I am sure there are a couple of tickets going around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

All the clubs get an allocation for all 6 nations matches, providing they've played ball in the past and not dicked the branch about.

Cool, just dropped them an email, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Cool, just dropped them an email, fingers crossed.

Ring the office before one (think it closes at one or two.) way easier

Snowing now...training should be fun later on :mad:

Snowing now...training should be fun later on :mad:

Yeah was just thinking that. Might bring a few of these..

8873235120158.jpg

Yeah was just thinking that. Might bring a few of these..

*Giant Pic*

I actually have one of those at home, got it at some race I did last year.

• Advertisement

I actually have one of those at home, got it at some race I did last year.

You probably could've done with it in RU.

Ah dont mind the snow. I remember playing in it last years cup versus Bective in Donnybrook. Cloneslad may remember the snow then?

chris85 wrote: »
    Ah dont mind the snow. I remember playing in it last years cup versus Bective in Donnybrook. Cloneslad may remember the snow then?

I do, but that was nothing in comparison to that game against railway. Though I was pretty well wrapped up in donnybrook

I see Clontarf v Bective (div 10) has been moved from this Saturday to Tuesday. I don't think it would have gone ahead anyway, and with the current weather it's doubtful if Tuesday will even be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

How are Clontarf grounds looking for matches this weekend?

Seems that they are not playable.

I'm looking forward to this league turning into a summer league.

I'm looking forward to this league turning into a summer league.

I'm not, it should have been wrapped up by early next month so I can get back to running...now I have to try combine the two.

That was my attempt of humour/sarcasm. But as you're a forward I can't expect much.... :P

• Advertisement

That was my attempt of humour/sarcasm. But as you're a forward I can't expect much.... :P

I got your attempt at sarcasm, as you are a sub you'd think you would have more time to come up with better material ;)

Don't ban me!

Well time's on my side I guess...

Well time's on my side I guess...

ubHQyVU.jpg

The former. But the fact you needed to think about it proves it's also the latter.

The former. But the fact you needed to think about it proves it's also the latter.

May you step in a puddle and have wet socks for your entire journey home.

Aw don't be like that.

Remember I have your hat! Wouldn't want any accidents to happen...

• Advertisement

I'm not, it should have been wrapped up by early next month so I can get back to running...now I have to try combine the two.

I know J5 isn't the highest standard going but don't you do any running during a game?

Nope, we just stand and point at each other. 'I tackled you'. 'You got me.' etc., etc.

Tarf V Marys in div 6 looks to be called off now. Pity.

gaius c wrote: »
    I know J5 isn't the highest standard going but don't you do any running during a game?

I do run during a game, but when I say go running I mean go out and do 10-20k runs 6 times a week. When I play rugby I neither run that far, run that long continuously, nor can I generally go running the day after a game, the day of a game and sometime the days after training.

Those knocks, even a prop standing on your toe, can wreck your training plans.

I do run during a game, but when I say go running I mean go out and do 10-20k runs 6 times a week. When I play rugby I neither run that far, run that long continuously, nor can I generally go running the day after a game, the day of a game and sometime the days after training.

Those knocks, even a prop standing on your toe, can wreck your training plans.

You're much too fit and athletic to be playing rugby really.

Out of interest, are you the fella who takes showers before a game?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement