Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

.ak wrote: »
    Yep. In one of these for 4 weeks... The forces are conspiring against me.

trom.jpg

Holy Jesus you are not lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah.

Game gets rearranged to weekend I can play.

Fractures knee cap.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Yeah.

Fractures knee cap.

You spend half you night on your knees anyway...and that's after training.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

cloneslad wrote: »

What goes on between consenting adults behind closed doors.....

Yeah.

Fractures knee cap.

Ouch so you'll get plenty of rest before pre-season

Is he married?

stephen_n wrote: »

Is he married?

He gets plenty of rest mid season.

He's married to the glamour of j5 rugby

Get your own material!

Wrong time of the season for rest really! Hopefully back in time for some cup action. Only precautionary as it's a small fracture. I was playing/tackling with it for almost an hour before I noticed any pain so it's just a case of not making it worse.

He gets plenty of rest mid season.

He's married to the glamour of j5 rugby

I wish you guys told me about the playboy lifestyle of j5 lifestyle.

Your team seems to have as many crocks as ours now!

TBH I'm surprised this is the first game I've missed since starting. Thought I'd break something far earlier! Maybe it's just this time of the season, bones getting battered all year somethings gotta give. ;)

• Advertisement

TBH I'm surprised this is the first game I've missed since starting. Thought I'd break something far earlier! Maybe it's just this time of the season, bones getting battered all year somethings gotta give. ;)

A young whiper snapper like you should have no problems at all, never figured how the girls got injured anyway :D

A young whiper snapper like you should have no problems at all, never figured how the girls got injured anyway :D

Probably because when we do contact work we do it right, none of this lazy scrag tackles you lot get away with. ;)

Probably because when we do contact work we do it right, none of this lazy scrag tackles you lot get away with. ;)

I shouldn't slag too much as I'm stuck at 9 this season, but you're a winger so its ok :) more likely it's the fact you get so cold out there doing nothing, your body has seized up before you reach contact ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

gaius c wrote: »
    It's very tight in div 10 and the games are spread out making it a nervous finish for some teams.

Marys:
    Beat Monkstown and they stay up.
    Lose to Monkstown and they are depending on Clontarf to beat either of Monkstown or Warriors. Could be a very nervous wait for them if that happens.

Warriors:
    Beat Clontarf and they stay up.
    Lose to Clontarf and they are depending on both Marys & Clontarf to beat Monkstown denying them a bonus point in either game. If Monkstown pick up one losing bonus point, then Warriors need one too because their points difference is inferior.

Monkstown:
    Win both games and they are safe.
    Win one game and a losing bonus in the other and they are definitely safe.
    Even a losing bonus point would be enough to keep them up if Clontarf beat Warriors by more than 7.
    All they need is the players who got them a 50 point win the game after they suffered a 50 point defeat to turn up and they are safe...
    Also have the advantage that they will know exactly what needs to be done in their last game.

Marys 21 Monkstown 15 last night so Marys are safe from the drop.

Marys 21 Monkstown 15 last night so Marys are safe from the drop.

Well done Marys, definitely deserve it!

Contact??? We do contact at training?? When did this carry on start?

Well done Marys, good recovery from the start of the season.

Contact??? We do contact at training?? When did this carry on start?

Well done Marys, good recovery from the start of the season.

The lads obviously got a bit of inspiration from the Andy Wood session. Although maybe I see why we don't do so much contact in training now. :D

Clontarf basically get to decide who goes down. Going to be tough for Warriors to play a fresh team and then Monkstown get to play Clontarf a few days after warriors have beaten them up for them.

Clontarf basically get to decide who goes down. Going to be tough for Warriors to play a fresh team and then Monkstown get to play Clontarf a few days after warriors have beaten them up for them.

That's changed now.

We are playing Monkstown on Tuesday and then Warriors the following Saturday.

Still no confirmation on the relegation situation though.

• Advertisement

That's changed now.

Still no confirmation on the relegation situation though.

Branch are keeping it as a nice surprise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'd say it's all dependent on all the div 11 teams coming back next season which may not happen if there is actually a div 10 relegation

I'd say it's all dependent on all the div 11 teams coming back next season which may not happen if there is actually a div 10 relegation

But one team is already gone from division ten as things stand. A win tmw could swell the ranks of junior rugby too, had a definite effect in interest when we won the slam.

How did warriors get their game moved?
    Gives them a big advantage IMO.

How did warriors get their game moved?
    Gives them a big advantage IMO.

I'm not sure if it was just the warriors that wanted it changed, it never should have been fixed for that day and time anyway.

To be fair, the game was originally supposed to be in early feb, but call moved due to the weather, the. It was supposed to be the first weekend in March, but got moved again so that we could play railway union.

I know I'd rather play a game than have a walkover. No doubt they feel the same.

The draws for the winters cup & the O'Connor cup (great name for a cup :p) are on the usual site now. I took a screen shot of both below. I know the excel sheet of the winters cup has previously been uploaded, I just thought I'd confirm.

iIiB2cI.jpg

IV81cNa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Judging by that neither Kilkenny nor the Emerald Warriors are taking part in the cup. Bit Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are Kilkenny not the Normans?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

In fairness, noctopher is a billion miles from Kilkenny city.

The warriors decided not to enter as our squad has been decimated, between long term injuries, work commitments and emigration, we are down about 10 players who would have been starters in September. First match after Christmas we had 3 players starting, who had never played a game of rugby in their lives. Cup would just be a waste of time, we will hopefully pull a team together for next Saturday, then they'll have to regroup over the summer and try recruit more players.

The warriors decided not to enter as our squad has been decimated, between long term injuries, work commitments and emigration, we are down about 10 players who would have been starters in September. First match after Christmas we had 3 players starting, who had never played a game of rugby in their lives. Cup would just be a waste of time, we will hopefully pull a team together for next Saturday, then they'll have to regroup over the summer and try recruit more players.

Hopefully you get sorted out okay and get enough players for next season.

Even if you don't have a full 15 I'm sure the game can go ahead, we usually have loads of subs each week so I'm sure something could be sorted, I know we gave Normans some players when they travelled up with 13 players last season.

it'd be a chance for us to keep going with the cup in mind.

• Advertisement

Hopefully you get sorted out okay and get enough players for next season.

Even if you don't have a full 15 I'm sure the game can go ahead, we usually have loads of subs each week so I'm sure something could be sorted, I know we gave Normans some players when they travelled up with 13 players last season.

it'd be a chance for us to keep going with the cup in mind.

Think we have 14 at the moment, hopefully dig one more up during the week, but the game will go ahead.

Hopefully all the hype around rugby with a championship will make recruitment for junior teams easier and all the new players will have beded in more by next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Super fecked from Saturday. Been a long season and the body is feeling it now. A few weeks rest are on the cards after the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Division 6 decider tomorrow! Excited for it.

Teferi wrote: »

We have our final league game of the season against warriors, hopefully we can make it back to a happy castle avenue and celebrate with the lads.

Should make it down for it. I'll be the one in the cripple-brace! ;)

Should make it down for it. I'll be the one in the cripple-brace! ;)

You should be in sutton with your team mates, not in clontarf being a glory hunter.

You should be in sutton with your team mates, not in clontarf being a glory hunter.

What team mates? Sure I never play for yous anyway! ;) plus Clontarf is closer, I'm geographically restricted right now! ;)

What team mates? Sure I never play for yous anyway! ;) plus Clontarf is closer, I'm geographically restricted right now! ;)

I'll pick you up at the club, you can stand/hobble around in the cold for a few hours before and during the game.

Success is only measured by how pretty you look while throwing up during lineouts, not by trophies won.

Well done Clontarf, couldn't tell you what the final score was, playing with the fatties impairs your cognitive abillities :) must say you are a very well drilled team, big pack and do the basics really well and consistently, starting the game missing 4 of our starting pack didn't help but it would have still been hard to live with your organisation around the ruck. For the most part the game was played in spirit junior rugby should be, apart from a few handbags at times. Your player we borrowed was one of out best players today, fair play to him. That's the end of a very hard season for us and hopefully they will regroup and rebuild the team over the summer, felt strange playing my last game for them but hope that things get better personell wise.

Ref was grand, good to see young lads starting out, that was his first assessment so was nervous, he was fairly consistent though and fair to both sides, all you can really ask for at this level.

Really hope your hooker? Who went off in the ambulance was ok, I knew as soon as I took him down he was in trouble, horrible feeling, think his foot got caught when I picked him up to put him in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

He done his mcl in, he was back in the club enjoying himself seemed in good spirits but full leg brace for the foreseeable future, im sure he will be online shortly to look for sympathy no doubt!
    that right cloneslad???

• Advertisement

He's only trying to copy my style. I'm a trendsetter you see. Everyone will be wearing leg braces by the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He's only trying to copy my style. I'm a trendsetter you see. Everyone will be wearing leg braces by the summer.

Sounds like a threat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

We won the Div 6 league anyway :)

That was cloneslad? Woops not the sort of introduction I intended!

As I said earlier fair play, you played well, think the better team won but it seemed like it could go either way. Crappy conditions, even under the cover! :P

That was cloneslad? Woops not the sort of introduction I intended!

MHldaVg.jpg

No make up selfie, text pink to 50300, next up I nominate anyone who'll give me a hug and tell me everything is going to be okay.

1xsWtXD.jpg

Got this bad boy for a while, have to go back in to the hospital on Tuesday to see if it needs surgery. I'll prob still head out to the sports clinic to confirm everything.

Stephen, give my thanks to the doctor who came over to help me. When she came over she said she was a cardiologist, so the lads told her it was pointless being there as I didn't have a heart....nice bit of sympathy for me there.

I can't remember her name, think it may have been carol?

They seem to be the fashion trend in Clontarf, once again sorry, I can assure you it wasn't deliberate. Hope it dose'nt require surgery and you were worried about your shoulder. You must have been frozen laying there though.

They seem to be the fashion trend in Clontarf, once again sorry, I can assure you it wasn't deliberate. Hope it dose'nt require surgery and you were worried about your shoulder. You must have been frozen laying there though.

Don't worry about it, these things happen, it was just unfortunate.

I've played two full games since I had physio on my shoulders and they held up okay.

To be honest I wasn't even bothered with the game today, I was cold, the warm up sucked because we had so little time to do it, my shoulders and neck were stiff, and I was so damn cold.

The injury just topped it all off.

I was freezing on the ground, they must have put 9-10 jackets over me but all of them were soaking wet. My toes were purple / black in the hospital, pretty sure i scared away a few people in A&E.

Beaumont had me in and out of there in about 90 mins, that's with an X-ray and seeing the doctor, getting the brace etc. the ambulance felt slow enough getting there, but traffic was brutal so it's understandable, and the paramedics were really friendly and helpful.

I'm just annoyed I'm going to miss the cup run.... Hopefully it's a run all the way to the final and then lifting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Congratulations on the win.

Better team on the day, fair result.

Things didnt go tarfs way right from the start, with our 10 getting injured in the warm up. Also missing four backs from the match day squad through injury or unavailability hampered things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Fair result as hard as it is to say. Better team won in tough game. Probably see you again in the cup in two weeks time I would imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement