Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I have a day, to be exact! Ha, that's being hopeful... We'll see what the doc says, but I would've preferred some physio time to get the muscle back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Hmm where did Blackrock and Belvo get J6 teams from? will be interesting to see those results. Is that the Railway team from Div10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

That's interesting alright, of the 7 teams only Railway and Clontarf have a J5 team, rest are Divsion8 and above, quite a drop if their using Fringe players from those squads.
    Both J5 teams potentially have a J5 game next weekend as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Our Union team got new jerseys at the weekend and I swear I almost needed to be cut out of it. They look painted on!

They were tight around my neck and armpits but glad we got new jerseys though.
    Other ones were diabolical. Was sick of wearing 18 just because the 7 & 8 were bolloxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

stephen_n wrote: »
    Hmm where did Blackrock and Belvo get J6 teams from? will be interesting to see those results. Is that the Railway team from Div10?

Can't be the div 10 team, they are playing in the J5 cup. They must have some subs that haven't been getting a game.

Hopefully it's a competitive cup and not some teams using it to play higher level players just to win something. I know we, Clontarf, are entering it because we have a panel of over 35-40 players in the J5 team and the lads who have been getting 5 mins here and there all season deserve the opportunity to get 80 mins and play in a competitive tournament.

cloneslad wrote: »
    Can't be the div 10 team, they are playing in the J5 cup. They must have some subs that haven't been getting a game.

Hopefully it's a competitive cup and not some teams using it to play higher level players just to win something. I know we, Clontarf, are entering it because we have a panel of over 35-40 players in the J5 team and the lads who have been getting 5 mins here and there all season deserve the opportunity to get 80 mins and play in a competitive tournament.

That's what it should be, Railway had a fairly big squad too I think, so that should be honest enough, will be interesting to see what comes out of the top half of the draw though. I miss cup rugby, always used to like playing in the cup with Greystones, the night time games always add to it too.

That's what it should be, Railway had a fairly big squad too I think, so that should be honest enough, will be interesting to see what comes out of the top half of the draw though. I miss cup rugby, always used to like playing in the cup with Greystones, the night time games always add to it too.

Yeah, they did have a big enough squad, they were also a decent bunch of lads too, I was glad to see they had won the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That's the reason that Mary's have not put a team in AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peteyfada

Yes but it isn't changing the issue, sporadic punishments don't change things, sure the week before we played Bective and they had three players who played AIL last season and one Development player from their under 20's, it's junior rugby and that's just how it is. In fairness I would say what Monkstown did was bordering on dangerous though.

Hi Stephen

I heard on the grapevine someone was sh*te talking on boards.ie so i had to find out. I run the Monkstown J5s what did we do that was so dangerous? Just looking at photos of Emerald Warriors games on facebook and you are right i spot 2 players who played AIL last year (second row and hooker) in fact the second row is still playing AIL this season. If thats not dangerous i dont know what is - in actual fact its outrageous.

P

Okay enough of the accusations. If you think there's an issue with another club and how they field players report it to the branch - no more griping here please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

We beat Clontarf 32 - 10 today in the Winters Cup (I thought it finished 27 - 10). The Clontarf lads will be very dissapointed with that, it seemed they might have been down a player or two - at least there was a few faces I was unfamiliar with. Was expecting a much tighter affair. The game was a little bit spicy today, a few heated exchanges. A good bunch of lads though, best of luck to them next year.

Teferi wrote: »
    We beat Clontarf 32 - 10 today in the Winters Cup (I thought it finished 27 - 10). The Clontarf lads will be very dissapointed with that, it seemed they might have been down a player or two - at least there was a few faces I was unfamiliar with. Was expecting a much tighter affair. The game was a little bit spicy today, a few heated exchanges. A good bunch of lads though, best of luck to them next year.

They had to call up a few players from our team this morning (J5 team) as they were down so many.

Our lads lost to Bective today. A very strong Bective team deserved the win, a few of their players must have been out injured all season as they didn't play in any of our matches earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

They had to call up a few players from our team this morning (J5 team) as they were down so many.

Our lads lost to Bective today. A very strong Bective team deserved the win, a few of their players must have been out injured all season as they didn't play in any of our matches earlier in the season.

Bective was a proper cup team. A lot of seasoned players who I suggest havent put on their boots since this tike last year. A real monster pack, 8 big, strong men, who all knew how to play.
    Dldnt help us having a few lads out at the last minute having been called up to the j4s.

Im curious as to what happened to the bective teams we played during thr league.
    Are some of the players told to f off or are they just not interested in playing the cup?

What happened with the Terenure v railway union game in the O'Connor cup? Railway won 27-24 but it got awarded to Terenure

Railway were playing bangers.

Seems a silly thing to do, considering they were undefeated against terenure this year, and had a very good team.

Seems a silly thing to do, considering they were undefeated against terenure this year, and had a very good team.

Yeah I know. Haven't a clue why clubs are so desperate for glory at this level of rugby like, looks terrible when they get caught doing this stuff.

On the other side of the draw we beat Stillorgan today, so two Terenure teams in the semi-finals. Hoping for an all Gick final myself.

Yeah I know. Haven't a clue why clubs are so desperate for glory at this level of rugby like, looks terrible when they get caught doing this stuff.

On the other side of the draw we beat Stillorgan today, so two Terenure teams in the semi-finals. Hoping for an all Gick final myself.

Yeah, Terenure have three teams in the semi finals of two cups.

At least if the j4 cup is an all terenure final it'll be easy to spot the bangers

At least if the j4 cup is an all terenure final it'll be easy to spot the bangers

:D

We were trying to get Brewer and a few of the other 20s to agree to tog out for us earlier...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Finally someone is punished.
    Too many teams out there playing bangers at the moment.
    Sorry mods.

Finally someone is punished.
    Too many teams out there playing bangers at the moment.
    Sorry mods.

And not the team I would have expected to do it, considering they were the best team I played against in the league, and they were an honest bunch of lads too. I hope it was out of necessity, injuries/players away/players playing in the J6 cup, rather than anything else.

Players always come out of the woodwork at cup time and for some reason clubs accept this, with the chance of a bit of silverware, very annoying for the lads who turned out in the depths of winter to play league matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Players always come out of the woodwork at cup time and for some reason clubs accept this, with the chance of a bit of silverware, very annoying for the lads who turned out in the depths of winter to play league matches.

Very annoying when this happens can't understand the mentality and as you say really annoys the lads who have done the hard yards all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Yeah, it's not like they fielded a "dream team" at J5 level beating everybody in the league by 50+ points and then refused to move up into J4D.

Is that relevant to me?

You must be sick I beat Clontarf 3 times this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Is that relevant to me?

You must be sick I best Clontarf 3 times this season.

you must want some congratulations or something?

as regards the point above your ignorant post, its lost on me also!??

gaius c wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like they fielded a "dream team" at J5 level beating everybody in the league by 50+ points and then refused to move up into J4D.
    I don't understand this point, if it's aimed at terenure's J5 team this season.

Terenure didn't beat everyone by 50 points in J5, both times we lost to them we should have beaten them. They only beat emerald warriors by three points.

Three or four missed tackle on one of their players cost us the first game and the only reason we lost the second match against them is because they went uncontested in the second half and changed their pack. They didn't even win the league.
    Is that relevant to me?

You must be sick I best Clontarf 3 times this season.

Didn't the J4 teams play each other 4 times?

Didn't the J4 teams play each other 4 times?

Yup, went 3 - 1.

Yup, went 3 - 1.

Thought so, you just seemed to have omitted the loss ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

WTH is "playing bangers"?

Excuse my ignorance...

• Advertisement

Swiwi. wrote: »
    WTH is "playing bangers"?

Excuse my ignorance...

Playing players from a higher division, ie; playing a j2 player on a j5 team.

Is that relevant to me?

You must be sick I beat Clontarf 3 times this season.

It is because you made a point about clubs being so desperate for silverware at this level and you're either unaware of your own club's past behaviour in this very league or you're hoping others have forgotten.

http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/leinsterNew/league/11883/leinster_j5_league#

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

It is because you made a point about clubs being so desperate for silverware at this level and you're either unaware of your own club's past behaviour in this very league or you're hoping others have forgotten.

http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/leinsterNew/league/11883/leinster_j5_league#

Is there actually any proof for this? Otherwise drop it.

You have asked me a question so I will reply.
    Yes, there is. Please click the link provided.
    Pay note to the "points for" and "points against" columns compared to every other team in the league and some of the scorelines.
    97-0
    62-0
    72-17
    68-0
    70-10
    And this was with refs being specifically instructed to keep those scorelines down.

Also please note that I haven't actually accused Terenure of playing illegal players. All their J2/J3 standard players that year were actually technically legal. I just countered Teferi's rather gloating post about "desperation for silverware".

No idea about the 5ths that year, I was playing on a different team so I can't comment on a situation I know nothing about.

Gloating? Lol. Where are these attacks coming from? Is it because all that rubbish you spouted in our last interaction was utter crap? I think it may be.

Our last interaction?
    Oh yes, I expressed an opinion that the Clontarf div 6 league team were a better outfit (especially when their 10 isn't injured during the warmup of a one off game) and you got rather precious about it. I think the league table backs me up there.

I'm not from Clontarf btw.

3 - 1 says you're wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Our last interaction?
    Oh yes, I expressed an opinion that the Clontarf div 6 league team were a better outfit (especially when their 10 isn't injured during the warmup of a one off game) and you got rather precious about it. I think the league table backs me up there.

I'm not from Clontarf btw.

We were beaten fair by Terenure in the games, they didnt banger up against us in any game. First game was 7 points in it in Lakelands and we lost. We won at home. They beat us in the final, we lost our 10 before kickoff but not going to cry about it. And missing a lot more in the cup match but thats how it goes sometimes.

Okay you've both had your say, enough of the bickering.

• Advertisement

Yup, apologies to the Tarf lads. I was just winding your man up after a frankly bizarre attack.

In more happier conversation, AK, are you playing in Railway Union tomorrow? or are you at least going?

I'll be hobbling down to lend my support / insults to the Clontarf lads.

In more happier conversation, AK, are you playing in Railway Union tomorrow? or are you at least going?

It's probably come a week to early for him!

Turns out I under estimated what breaking your kneecap does. 4 weeks in a brace also translates into 6 weeks rehab apparently. Guess I was kidding myself thinking I'd get some cup rugby in.

But yes, I'll be attending, if only just to show off my jelly-leg.

It's probably come a week to early for him!

Bingo! ;)

Lot of dodgy knees in that club!

Lot of dodgy knees in that club!

God Damn it, I hate you.

.ak wrote: »
    Turns out I under estimated what breaking your kneecap does. 4 weeks in a brace also translates into 6 weeks rehab apparently. Guess I was kidding myself thinking I'd get some cup rugby in.

But yes, I'll be attending, if only just to show off my jelly-leg.

just put on a bit of deep heat and a plaster with a picture of a butterfly on it...you'll be grand.

Two nurofen, be grand...

Unfortunately doesn't make up for muscle wastage. Whatever bit of meat I had on the pencil is long gone! It makes the other leg look huge. :D

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Whatever bit of meat I had on the pencil is long gone!

Yeah, your girlfriend mentioned that to me the other night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement