Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad in Actuarial Science - anyone apply?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just wondering if anyone has applied for either the Masters or graduate diploma in actuarial science at Ucd and what they want to achieve from doing it?? :) I just applied...If anyone has done one of these what did you think of the course and did you find employment afterwards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 intntst

Sean_ros wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has applied for either the Masters or graduate diploma in actuarial science at Ucd and what they want to achieve from doing it?? :) I just applied...If anyone has done one of these what did you think of the course and did you find employment afterwards?

I was accepted for the MSc. Glad to meet you.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sean_ros

Hi :) Oh welldone, when did you apply so? I only applied 2 days ago. Are you looking forward to it? I think I'd prefer the masters even though it lasts 1 full year.

Hi :) Oh welldone, when did you apply so? I only applied 2 days ago. Are you looking forward to it? I think I'd prefer the masters even though it lasts 1 full year.

Of course.I applied like a month back. Well, I am from a different background (engineering) that's why I went for the MSc.
    Hope you will hear from UCD soon.
    Once again, nice to meet someone from school. :)

intntst wrote: »
    Of course.I applied like a month back. Well, I am from a different background (engineering) that's why I went for the MSc.
    Hope you will hear from UCD soon.
    Once again, nice to meet someone from school. :)

Can I ask how they offered you the MSc, over the phone or by email?
    Yes it is, it would be nice to chat to people doing the MSc or grad dip on here before moving to Dublin (if I get an offer!) :D

Can I ask how they offered you the MSc, over the phone or by email?
    Yes it is, it would be nice to chat to people doing the MSc or grad dip on here before moving to Dublin (if I get an offer!) :D

They sent me an email. By the way, I sent you a private message. :)

• Advertisement

Just got an offer for both the graduate diploma and masters, just need to accept one :)

Anyone else hear back that applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 frederickshing

Hi there, I will be doing Msc Actuarial Science from this Sept too.
    Just wondering are you guys living on campus next year? Cos I just got my Uni number not long ago (since need to wait for my final year result and send to them) and I am now currently on the accommodation waiting list (with position 500+...) which I think I probably won't be able to get a place...

Just wondering are you guys living on campus next year? Cos I just got my Uni number not long ago (since need to wait for my final year result and send to them) and I am now currently on the accommodation waiting list (with position 500+...) which I think I probably won't be able to get a place...

Hi nice to meet you. :)

I will be living off campus.

Hey there, I was told 2 weeks ago not to bother with the waiting list as I probably wouldn't get any place, so off campus acc is the way to go for me. Where are you from? :)

I am from Hong Kong but just finished a course in the UK :). Where did you find the off-campus accommodation??

• Advertisement

I am from Hong Kong but just finished a course in the UK :). Where did you find the off-campus accommodation??

Didn't find a place yet but hopefully will within the next two weeks :) what course did you do in the UK?

I was a MORSE student in Warwick however didn't get many exemptions back there so I decide to do a Msc here. Where do you come from?

Haven't found a place so far. :(

How many do you reckon will be in the Masters class? :)

Advertisement