Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeps are too loud

Options
  • 12-07-2013 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

This is a bit of a silly one. The exit beeps from the alarm are too loud. So when I'm leaving my house the whole road knows the alarm is setting. Can I turn it down. It's a visonic express alarm panel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Inbox wrote: »
    This is a bit of a silly one. The exit beeps from the alarm are too loud. So when I'm leaving my house the whole road knows the alarm is setting. Can I turn it down. It's a visonic express alarm panel.

Hi can anyone help, so let me rephrase the query. When I'm leaving the house and setting the alarm the beeps from the panel are really loud. I can still hear them when I'm even out on the road which is abit obvious that the house is now vacant if any robbers are passing by. Any ideas on how to turn the beeps off please?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I'm not familiar with this panel but from a quick glance at the manual it looks as though you can only turn them off and have a soft melody play when it's close to the final countdown

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

Try stick some tape over the buzzer on the keyboard PCB. Should be able to do it yourself. Disarm the tamper alarm when it sounds by entering your user code. Alarm will sound every time you open or close the keypad tamper switch, probably a spring.

hansfrei wrote: »
    Try stick some tape over the buzzer on the keyboard PCB. Should be able to do it yourself. Disarm the tamper alarm when it sounds by entering your user code. Alarm will sound every time you open or close the keypad tamper switch, probably a spring.

Just be carefull if the system is monitored .. Ring the station and put it on test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Evolution1 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with this panel but from a quick glance at the manual it looks as though you can only turn them off and have a soft melody play when it's close to the final countdown

Sorry not sure what you mean exactly, is the final countdown when it's about to set? A soft melody would be fine i reckon. At the moment it's a harsh beep.
    hansfrei wrote: »

I thought of that but the same buzzer is the internal sounder so i don't really want that to be quieter.

• Advertisement

Inbox wrote: »
    Sorry not sure what you mean exactly, is the final countdown when it's about to set? A soft melody would be fine i reckon. At the moment it's a harsh beep.

I thought of that but the same buzzer is the internal sounder so i don't really want that to be quieter.

Yeah .. It's quiet until its in the final few seconds of arming and then plays a soft melody to say its armed .
    If you hold off I'd say another member that's used this panel will be able to advise you better . But if you want il guide you through setting this up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

AFAIK its not adjustable. You can have it off for part guard (Home)
    I'll PM you the engineer manual to have a look over,

Advertisement