Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brutal Police in Germany - you really shouldn't complain about our Gardai

Options
  • 12-07-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Brutal Police in Germany - you really shouldn't complain about our Gardai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhjJpR2elA

Fresh video from June. Seven huge German robocops making pulp of one of discoteque client in Bremen (Germany). I couldn't even imagine Gardai doing this. We should never complain about them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Not the best logic! If someone kicks the crap out of you, should you not complain because people are being murdered and tortured in other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Germany has a large well funded police force, especially in the southern german regions.

I don't have the stats to hand but im sure they have one of the highest numbers of police per capita in Europe.

It works well in my opinion have been to many german cities and have yet to feel unsafe walking the streets at night, haven't witnessed any bad anti social behaviour either as the police always have a presence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

seems to me he was resisting arrest. Deserves it so

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would like to see this kind of policing in certain areas of Dublin City centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Doesn't look all that bad. He managed to walk out of the place albeit in handcuffs. If we had police like this maybe people would fear and respect them more instead of being a laughing stock. You can see from a young age kids have no respect or fear of the gardai. A few belts of a baton would change that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jjdub1

@Zom - I couldn't even imagine Gardai doing this

Seriously ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Germany has a large well funded police force, especially in the southern german regions.

I don't have the stats to hand but im sure they have one of the highest numbers of police per capita in Europe.

It works well in my opinion have been to many german cities and have yet to feel unsafe walking the streets at night, haven't witnessed any bad anti social behaviour either as the police always have a presence.

they didn't stop the ECB being blockupied ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Maybe if he came quietly instead of acting the incredible hulk?

There a few around here that could do with a couple of kicks up the hole, but the velvet glove is used here for fear they would get a 'criminal record', bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

zom wrote: »
    I couldn't even imagine Gardai doing this. We should never complain about them.

You couldn't imagine the cops in Ireland beating the f*ck out of someone?

You don't know what you're on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks to me like he's fighting them and refusing to get on the ground.

I wouldn't exactly say that's a clear cut example of police brutality. If it is, it's certainly a lot tamer than what used to pass for police brutality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Fresh video from June. Seven huge German robocops making pulp of one of discoteque client in Bremen (Germany). I couldn't even imagine Gardai doing this. We should never complain about them.

Thats the Riot Police I believe, not the standard Polizei, looks like their trying to get him to comply with arrest.

Must have been serious for them to be called.

Saw something similar in Cologne, I think about 200 of those guys turned up at the Train station due to some sort of Muslim protest and a train coming from a Football arriving at the same time.

They have around 200 Polizei on standby for such an event.

In General I've never had a problem with the German Police, their always straight and courteous with you if you are the same with them.

Those Riot Police and similarly in the Netherlands/France/Belgium its unknown what will happen, their usually pumped up and scared shítless as they've had bricks and whatever a crowd could throw at them shortly before hand.

IMO Every time the Police arrest someone it looks violent to a bystander as they are just not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

i dont see anything wrong with what they did. Hes resisted being arrested. If anything the fact it takes 7 of them to put him to the ground speaks more about their lack of ability to do the job than anything else (some of them look like they are afraid to break a nail). And one if making some half arsed attempts at hitting him with a night stick.

I;ve seen Irish Gardai do much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It says in the report that he was basically acting the boll*x and it looks like he was resisting them. It says he ended up in hospital with bruised ribs, got what he deserved.

You rarely ever see trouble in Germany because people know not to f*ck with the Polizei. They are respected here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Reminds me of the shell to sea "police brutality" videos. It's cut to just the bits of the police being heavy handed. Give me the video from at least 30 seconds before, without bits in the middle cut out, in order to make a proper judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think the Garda are too soft on the thugs on our streets.
    A few thumps of a baton is needed for the drink fuelled he-men I see shouting and fighting on the streets at night. Let them know what their behaviour can lead to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

1. Brutality me hole. Pulp me hole. The spa got a couple of slight digs for resisting and walked out of the place. Not strapped to a gurnie. I've seen worse wimmens scraps in Supermacs at 2am.

2. If they are "huge German robocops" then a small one must be about 3 foot tall. They looked fairly averages sized blokes. Did one of them have a pair of glasses on him FFS??? Looks more like a librarian:D

3. You are right. By and large we shouldn't complain about our unarmed, under resourced, under manned, badily equipped police force. The vast majority of them do a very bloody difficult job well and get little thanks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

They aren't beating the ****e out of him by any stretch - the cop with the baton is going fairly handy and more so just to get him on the ground. He was hitting him on the legs to try and get him to go down, and then on the back when he still wouldn't lie down.

Anyone who thinks they have the balls to resist a bunch of German riot police deserves a few digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

better than the non police we have here....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Slunk wrote: »
    If we had police like this maybe people would fear and respect them more instead of being a laughing stock.

You also run the risk of it being exploited so the officer can beat the **** out of someone and claim they were acting inappropriately. It's a two way street Slunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

three words

SHELL TO SEA

don't you keep up with the news at home at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

In Germany and other Germanic countries you do not fuck with the police. Simple as. They are generally approachable and very helpful, but if you cross them you will receive a reaction very different to that you receive from the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

The Germans can't complain because of the absolutely horrific police force the yanks are stuck with, who can't complain because the Brazilian police etc etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Fairly tame I thought. I'd change the name of the thread.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

OP, you should avoid watching Cops on CBS Reailty so, proper policing without any bull****. To be honest I like watching police that know what they're at throwing some scummer to the ground for resisting arrest. People have to learn to show authorities some respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

Op you have obviously never been hit in the head with a speed gun for underage drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Ill informed clown OP.

Almost 250,000 people serve in the German police force, but they're all mud eating savages because 4 of them gave some fella a few digs (which by the look of it he deserved).

I'm living in Southern Germany in a large town and I sleep with my windows open. Have never had a bad experience with the cops here.

PS: Why should it be okay for the Guards in Ireland to puck the head off some young lad because people are worse treated by Police in another country?? Where's the logic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd rather the german style police over ours. At least when you report something they actually take it seriously over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

The commentator was making much of the fact that the injured man was a family man with two kids .I have lived before in Germany ,Berlin and found the cops helpful .( the clip in question is from Bremen ) .My first night i arrived late in the City by motorcycle and a cop i asked went out of his way and brought me around to a few places to get accommodation .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I love watching Cops, when johnny scumbag resists or runs.

Its tazer time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

anto9 wrote: »
    The commentator was making much of the fact that the injured man was a family man with two kids

Oh boo-hoo, what does that factoid have to do with anything? He is capable of reproduction, I'm happy for him.

Advertisement