Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brutal Police in Germany - you really shouldn't complain about our Gardai

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

What did they do wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nothing wrong with how the police acted. They didn't seem incompetent, it seemed like they all had a role and were acting as a team to bring him down in an effective manner without having to crack his head open.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

anto9 wrote: »
    The commentator was making much of the fact that the injured man was a family man with two kids
    Sometimes sensationalists try to put forward this idea that because a person is X, then they must have desirable traits Y.

That is, he's a father with two kids, therefore he must a hordworking and decent guy.
    She's a single working mother therefore she must be honest and upfront.
    He's a 65 year old who goes to mass every Sunday, therefore he would never do anything immoral

All bull, trying to fall back to traditional stereotypes to make a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

I would like to see this kind of policing in certain areas of Dublin City centre

It already goes on but it's more of a "citizens arrest" between two (or more) citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

If the gardai aren't doing their job, Why wouldn't we complain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ah, the worst kind of strawman. We shouldn't complain about someone doing bad things, because someone else might be doing something worse.

By that rationale should we let murderers off the hook because some other murderer has killed more people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 brick_top

zom wrote: »
    Brutal Police in Germany - you really shouldn't complain about our Gardai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhjJpR2elA

Fresh video from June. Seven huge German robocops making pulp of one of discoteque client in Bremen (Germany). I couldn't even imagine Gardai doing this. We should never complain about them.

don't benchmark against bad behaviour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 brick_top

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd rather the german style police over ours. At least when you report something they actually take it seriously over there.

how serious our police take reports depends on who is doing the complaining and secondly, who is being complained about

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Slunk wrote: »
    If we had police like this maybe people would fear and respect them more instead of being a laughing stock.
    or maybe they wouldn't, whatever about respect, nobody should "fear" the police, all though beating people up doesn't make one respect you but delude yourself that having such policing "might" make people respect them, the evidence from similar countries is that it doesn't work
    You can see from a young age kids have no respect or fear of the gardai.
    a lot of trust between the guardai and certain communities has been lost but it is being worked on slowly, "fearing" the police isn't a good thing
    A few belts of a baton would change that
    would it? any evidence to back that up or are you one of these delusianel people who think heavy handedness = respect? obviously that isn't the case as if it was proven to be the case then the government would allow it

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

cournioni wrote: »
    OP, you should avoid watching Cops on CBS Reailty so, proper policing without any bull****.
    i wouldn't call that "proper" policing, our lot is what you could call that
    To be honest I like watching police that know what they're at throwing some scummer to the ground for resisting arrest.
    ah they don't know what their at though, anyone can join the force over there.
    People have to learn to show authorities some respect.
    no not at all they don't, the authorities have to earn the peoples respect and show it before they can get it, just like everyone else.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Doesn't look all that bad. He managed to walk out of the place albeit in handcuffs. If we had police like this maybe people would fear and respect them more instead of being a laughing stock. You can see from a young age kids have no respect or fear of the gardai. A few belts of a baton would change that

few belts of a baton and youd have their mammys and daddies running to their solicitors and GSOC .
    Irish people don't want to be policed (its like a hang up from pre war of independence ), many Irish people seem to think that the police are only there for other people and not for them ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Could have been one of those gay underground beat up clubs.

i wouldn't call that "proper" policing, our lot is what you could call that

ah they don't know what their at though, anyone can join the force over there.

no not at all they don't, the authorities have to earn the peoples respect and show it before they can get it, just like everyone else.

Isnt that what makes them authorities ? that a grand motto for personal relationships ,but usually your only going to meet police if your up set angry scared and or drunk or otherwise intoxicated . maybe you should be displaying some maturity so that you don't have to be policed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

zom wrote: »
    Brutal Police in Germany ...........

This is what you were looking for

Seven of them to detain one lad, that weighs less than the average secondary school school bag?

Send them back to Polizei school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Good enough for him. What kind of idiot tries to resist the cops? Did he think the cops would admire his "toughness" and let him leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

OP, you should avoid watching Cops on CBS Reailty so, proper policing without any bull****. To be honest I like watching police that know what they're at throwing some scummer to the ground for resisting arrest. People have to learn to show authorities some respect.
    Show respect, demanding respect , don't question anything they do for fear.
    Is this not what happened in Nazi Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

No

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

At last...I call Godwin !!...wheres my 100 D/marks !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

end of the road: Would it? any evidence to back that up or are you one of these delusianel people who think heavy handedness = respect? obviously that isn't the case as if it was proven to be the case then the government would allow it

A strong definite counter response to a threat is usually the first means of dealing with that issue.

It is far from delusional to see a strong physical response to a situation has anything to do with this "Respect" which form a significant part of your interpretation of Policing issues.

In face-to-face situations,particularly where Alcohol and Public Order issues combine,it is largely a moot point as to levels of understanding and respect for "Authority" itself or it's enforcement agents...ie the Polizi/Gardai.

This deliberation about respect and levels of appropriate fear is all well on good when espoused on the floor of a debating chamber,but outside a Nightclub Door at 0300 of a balmy summers moring,with a combination of substances starting to chemically react in the body,then I suggest a robust and rapid physical response is most appropriate.

AFAICS,the only way the soft-touch policing eotr craves can be achieved,is if every Garda is accompanied by a psychologist whilst on the beat...

Fear,of itself,is not always a negative undesirable emotion.
    Fear is as much an integral part of the Human Defence Mechanism as it stimulates our sense of preservation and prompts us to search for a safer option.

My neighbours have a very bad tempered Rottweiler cross,which prompts me to always scan their gate as I drive up to my own house...I respect the animal,and I take appropriate action to ensure I comply with whatever it requires to keep it's teeth out of my ass,other than that I'm cool with the dog,and will happily pat its head when it's in mellow (muzzled) mood.

Delusional...ok if it helps,but to me it's realistic and fully deserved...;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Is this not whg at happened in Nazi Germany.

Nazi germany had low unemployment too. Guess that means 100% unemployment is good.

A police force needs to be seen as a group not to **** with. Otherwise whats to stop people breaking the law

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Difference is that here those cops would be prosecuted, Dame Street Robocop springs to mind.

Would love the Gards to do that here more often and rid the streets of scrotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Well, at least this poor sod didn't get killed like some others.

There is definitely something to be said for an unarmed police force, and as a German I have to tell you I prefer the gardai to the Polizei any day.

Do we know why this particular chap was arrested?

Nazi germany had low unemployment too. Guess that means 100% unemployment is good.

A police force needs to be seen as a group not to **** with. Otherwise whats to stop people breaking the law

Education.
    Educate everyone and there will be no crime.
    Just look at the Norwegian model.

Education.
    Educate everyone and there will be no crime.
    Just look at the Norwegian model.

ya education , id say them bankers and dail monkeys have fine educations.

and wasn't there two trinity graduates in court recently one for smuggling a load of coke and the other caught with stolen guns for erigi ?

but mostly yes education for all. jail for some ass whoppings for the rest

ya education , id say them bankers and dail monkeys have fine educations.

and wasn't there two trinity graduates in court recently one for smuggling a load of coke and the other caught with stolen guns for erigi ?

but mostly yes education for all. jail for some ass whoppings for the rest

Your right
    I suppose if he didn't conform then the only course was to flake the 5l-l1+ out of him.
    I think that when the guards are on riot duty the should wear balaclavas and show no form of identification on them and let them loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭just_be_nice

gctest50 wrote: »
    This is what you were looking for

:eek::eek::eek:

Your right
    I suppose if he didn't conform then the only course was to flake the 5l-l1+ out of him.
    I think that when the guards are on riot duty the should wear balaclavas and show no form of identification on them and let them loose.

youd rather that they did what they did for the love ulster riots , afraid to react to the scum taking over the city for fear of being accused of being heavy handed ? a riot by definition is a violent and chaotic event if your happy to be there don't moan about getting a bitch slapped.

I reckon if your close enough to a riot to get a slap of a baton then your not just on your way to the shops for a pint of milk,

like I said already Irish people don't seem to really want police yet do nothing but moan about them. if we all took some personal responsibility this would be a much better county , ie Norway Sweden Finland and usually Germany too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement