Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Dublin Super Smash Bros players?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey,

I'm thinking about hosting a tournie next week - PM me if you are interested.
    Its in Dublin and only people who are over 18.

Cheers!

---
    The tournament is for melee / brawl and will play official rules (e.g. the ones played at EVO / found Smashboards)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey,

I'm thinking about hosting a tournie next week - PM me if you are interested.
    Its in Dublin and only people who are over 18.

Cheers!

---
    The tournament is for melee / brawl and will play official rules (e.g. the ones played at EVO / found Smashboards)

There's definitely a few players- we've a tournament THIS weekend in the Tolka Bar :)

Uberprinny_baal is the main guy you want to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Strawberry Oreo

Slick - do you know what time its on at?

I think it'll be relatively late-ish (about 6). There's 3 other tournaments before it.

There's a thread here, join in :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056975913

Awesome man! I'll be atttending and I'll talk to some board smashers there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yo, I'll attend any Smash tournament!

The one this Saturday is aimed at one person who played a lot of Smash but it not very good (Me), a bunch of Street Fighter players who probably have no idea how to play, and a scrub called Lythero who thinks he can get away with playing terrible characters in every game.

Details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991366

If you're properly good you can shake up the tournament and then I'll give you some "serious casuals" afterwards.

Did you ever attend any of the Tír na Smash tournaments WAAAAAAAAAAY back in Vaticon or have a different name I might know you by?

• Advertisement

Only attended a few tournaments but you probably wouldn't know me. The Tir Na Smash thing sounds vaguely familiar.

I'll probably come around 5? Do you think people will be playing Smash around that time?

I'm decent at the game but nothing incredible! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

If this other tournament is happening next weekend, I am IN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Only attended a few tournaments but you probably wouldn't know me. The Tir Na Smash thing sounds vaguely familiar.

I'll probably come around 5? Do you think people will be playing Smash around that time?

I'm decent at the game but nothing incredible! :)

I think we can find someone to wet your whistle

aa605185048bbdc13bb41315d8202b1b.png

Nutrient wrote: »
    I think we can find someone to wet your whistle

aa605185048bbdc13bb41315d8202b1b.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

:D

Did you go to one of the infernos/DoCs and play Sakura in SSFIV?

• Advertisement

Lythero wrote: »
    Did you go to one of the infernos/DoCs and play Sakura in SSFIV?

No was never into any other fighting game but Smash

No was never into any other fighting game but Smash

My bad ^^;

At least it looks like there'll be 2 setups for Smash tourney and casuals! Lookin' forward to it and see ya'll there tomorrow.

Anyone know if smash will be playable all day or just at the event / after?

There'll probably be a set up for most of the day after the event, I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

I would come but away, shame, would love to go

Our Smash Facebook group if you are interested in coming to future tournies :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1397757767105208/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I'll play in any tourny so long as there's SSBM,I don't play SSBB

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PentiKo

Join our Facebook group, I'll probably organise one for September! :)

It's also 80% melee!

PentiKo wrote: »
    Join our Facebook group, I'll probably organise one for September! :)

As long as I have enough advanced notice, I'm a guaranteed attendee with gear and bells on for EVERY melee tournament.

If you could nail down a September date before the end of July I'd keep that weekend clear. :D

• Advertisement

As long as I have enough advanced notice, I'm a guaranteed attendee with gear and bells on for EVERY melee tournament.

If you could nail down a September date before the end of July I'd keep that weekend clear. :D

Cool, well I'll see if I can plan something then! :) I'm going back to college in September so I'll check out the dates.

Yeah a date in September would be helpful as I'm in senior school

This makes sense, as only the elite 20% are pro enough to play brawl.

Nutrient and I are like the wheat from the chaff. Good luck getting on our level.

I cant come any way as I'm 13

Just thought I'd mention that the Smash tourney last weekend was EPIC, and I'll definitely be going to the next one!

What were the results/attendance of the one I couldn't attend?

Let me live vicariously through you guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Sup guys have not played it in age but love all things smash! I'm not on facebook but are they're any tournaments/meet ups scheduled for the bank holiday weekend?

What were the results/attendance of the one I couldn't attend?

Let me live vicariously through you guys :P

Think there were about 20 guys entered in Melee singles. I came 5th or 6th, PentiKo 3rd and Ado won it, the wave-dashing prick. Can't remember much of anything else!

I'm sure PentiKo has a better memory of it than I do - or better yet, the scoresheets!

Sup guys have not played it in age but love all things smash! I'm not on facebook but are they're any tournaments/meet ups scheduled for the bank holiday weekend?

I'm going to arrange a Super Smash Bros tournie in September but doing nothing for August.

• Advertisement

Think there were about 20 guys entered in Melee singles. I came 5th or 6th, PentiKo 3rd and Ado won it, the wave-dashing prick. Can't remember much of anything else!

I'm sure PentiKo has a better memory of it than I do - or better yet, the scoresheets!

I think you came 4th Mike :) Yeah my friend Aido was on form, wave dashing all over the stages! In the winners bracket it was 1-2 me against him.
    At the start of Yoshi's island I picked out a poison turnip with peach and hit him with it twice to land the first kill with 0% damage in 7seconds :D

Other than that it was a bit of a haze for me! :D

Advertisement